• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 Black Friday & Veterans Day Sale Thread

Seems to me that necking down would push more brass into the neck shoulder junction than running a mandrel through the neck....or am I missing something?
When you neck up, your using what was previously the shoulder & making it part of the neck. The brass is thicker in the shoulder so that thicker brass would now be at the bottom in your new necked up brass. I wouldn't do this to new brass. Bad way to start.

Someday I’ll have real internet access on black Friday, not sitting in the woods holding my phone skyward just to get a connection that makes dial up look lightning fast.
:(
I did just buy something not shooting related. It literally took me two and a half hours of trying.

Maybe you need to buy Starlink for BF :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Jip4012
When you neck up, your using what was previously the shoulder & making it part of the neck. The brass is thicker in the shoulder so that thicker brass would now be at the bottom in your new necked up brass. I wouldn't do this to new brass. Bad way to start.

Never looked at it this way but this make sense thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: Trent A and 357Max
Any RRS discounts besides the field grade?
Not seeing any.

Based on the Precision Rifle Blog (https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/02/10/rifle-bipod-tripod/), this manufacturer came in #2 behind RRS: https://leofotorifle.com/ with BF Sale Code BF2023. People seem to avoid as it's Chinesium, and I get it. For those starting out, it is hard to argue against how spending $1000+ on a tripod is not better spent on ammo, training, or a barreled action from one of the reputable Hide vendors.

If you look closely at these Leofoto/Sunfoto tripod options and Leupold's offerings (https://www.leupold.com/shop/pro-gear-accessories/tripods-adapters), maybe it makes people feel better to have the Leupold name on it. A close look, however, shows what looks to be the EXACT same OEM. No foul on RRS, the Rolls Royce of Tripods(?), but I think most would agree they are out of the priority price range for most.

Maybe you need to buy Starlink for BF :ROFLMAO:

StarLink is legit! My wife and I were worried about moving to the countryside since we both use the internet a lot and she works from home doing several Zoom/Teams meetings on the daily. Thought it might be working up to be a real cluster of the internet proved to be to slow, which I think any of our other options may very well have put us in this boat, especially when she is doing her live meetings and I’m remoting into to my work’s system to do charting from home after hours every evening/night. StarLink hasn’t once let us down. I can’t tell the differential between StarLink running anywhere from 75-200 Mbps vs when I lived in the city running full 1 GB ethernet speeds, much to my suprise. I’ve been very impressed with every workload that we’ve put it under thus far over the last few months since we moved here. Only down side is the price tag… I’m on the cheapest plan available and it’s still $120/month. Wife’s job demands stable internet though so didn’t have much of a choice. The speeds of every other option offered in our area could be likened to that of molasses, with the second best offering something like ‘up to’ 15 Mbps on a good best. StarLink said they should run around 100 Mbps most of the time, when in reality they’ve been consistently over delivering in the range of 125-175 Mbps at any given time and even bumping up over 200 Mbps intermittently on not so rare occasions.

Jesus Christ… you ever write something and then realize how insanely off track you became, going way off into left field, then look back and realize you’ve veered so far off course that you’re not even at the right ballpark anymore?… but you already wrote it and feel like if you don’t post it you just completely waisted all that time for absolutely no good reason, so you feel obligated to post it anyway rather than just flushing the giant turd-cicle you just created, like you know you probably should?… Oh, umm, ya, me either…

…So how about them Yankees…

StarLink is legit! My wife and I were worried about moving to the countryside since we both use the internet a lot and she works from home doing several Zoom/Teams meetings on the daily. Thought it might be working up to be a real cluster of the internet proved to be to slow, which I think any of our other options may very well have put us in this boat, especially when she is doing her live meetings and I’m remoting into to my work’s system to do charting from home after hours every evening/night. StarLink hasn’t once let us down. I can’t tell the differential between StarLink running anywhere from 75-200 Mbps vs when I lived in the city running full 1 GB ethernet speeds, much to my suprise. I’ve been very impressed with every workload that we’ve put it under thus far over the last few months since we moved here. Only down side is the price tag… I’m on the cheapest plan available and it’s still $120/month. Wife’s job demands stable internet though so didn’t have much of a choice. The speeds of every other option offered in our area could be likened to that of molasses, with the second best offering something like ‘up to’ 15 Mbps on a good best. StarLink said they should run around 100 Mbps most of the time, when in reality they’ve been consistently over delivering in the range of 125-175 Mbps at any given time and even bumping up over 200 Mbps intermittently on not so rare occasions.

Jesus Christ… you ever write something and then realize how insanely off track you became, going way off into left field, then look back and realize you’ve veered so far off course that you’re not even at the right ballpark anymore?… but you already wrote it and feel like if you don’t post it you just completely waisted all that time for absolutely no good reason, so you feel obligated to post it anyway rather than just flushing the giant turd-cicle you just created, like you know you probably should?… Oh, umm, ya, me either…

Drove all over Montana and Idaho this summer with the family and starlink was awesome.

We are installing stark link on our techs' vans now to give them data access and allow us to look over their shoulder via go-pros live. This is a game changer for our service levels and getting the techs some mentoring and support.

Not seeing any.

Based on the Precision Rifle Blog (https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/02/10/rifle-bipod-tripod/), this manufacturer came in #2 behind RRS: https://leofotorifle.com/ with BF Sale Code BF2023. People seem to avoid as it's Chinesium, and I get it. For those starting out, it is hard to argue against how spending $1000+ on a tripod is not better spent on ammo, training, or a barreled action from one of the reputable Hide vendors.

If you look closely at these Leofoto/Sunfoto tripod options and Leupold's offerings (https://www.leupold.com/shop/pro-gear-accessories/tripods-adapters), maybe it makes people feel better to have the Leupold name on it. A close look, however, shows what looks to be the EXACT same OEM. No foul on RRS, the Rolls Royce of Tripods(?), but I think most would agree they are out of the priority price range for most.
It's not so much the China origin that rubs some folks the wrong way it's more that it certainly appears they ripped off RRS designs in the past. If you look at leofoto.com you'll see a tripod head (MA-30) that looks much like the Anvil 30 (however they removed it from the leofotousa.com site some time ago). You also won't see it (aside grayed out in pics of their 75mm and 100mm bowl adapters) on leofotorifle.com There are other examples as well.

I don't mind cheaper options, but cloning products is a bit much. It's frankly shameful that PRS even allowed them to be a sponsor, much less the primary sponsor.

It's not so much the China origin that rubs some folks the wrong way it's more that it certainly appears they ripped off RRS designs in the past. If you look at leofoto.com you'll see a tripod head (MA-30) that looks much like the Anvil 30 (however they removed it from the leofotousa.com site some time ago). You also won't see it (aside grayed out in pics of their 75mm and 100mm bowl adapters) on leofotorifle.com There are other examples as well.

I don't mind cheaper options, but cloning products is a bit much. It's frankly shameful that PRS even allowed them to be a sponsor, much less the primary sponsor.
Agree, and it is a shame Leupold has seemingly gone that route as well...

Reactions: CaseFinder
Anyone see a decent sale on scope rings and mounts? I'm looking for some American Defense AD-Recon Cantilever Mounts.
This was posted earlier on the same page as your post.

American Defense Manufacturing is having a 20% off across the board sale. https://www.admmfg.com

They have one of the best lowers in the business and their mounts are pretty solid as well.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
This was posted earlier on the same page as your post.

American Defense Manufacturing is having a 20% off across the board sale. https://www.admmfg.com

They have one of the best lowers in the business and their mounts are pretty solid as well.
@BuildingConceptsllc I feel like an idiot swimming in all of the Black Friday sales links. Thanks. I've found better pricing at EuroOptic for the mount I'm looking for.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Trent A and LR1845
BF is here and Area 419's 2023 BF page does not show the Zero press: https://www.area419.com/black-friday/ with the press showing full retail at https://www.area419.com/product/the-zero-reloading-press/. All the YT reviews like Gavin from UR said it was a $1.2K press, and that was 3 years ago. I get prices go up, supply backlogs, etc, but this is BF...
The banner advertisement shows the zero sale starting Monday the 27th. I’ll be checking early in the morning for hopefully a few blemished units being sold for an additional discount.

Reactions: CaseFinder
@BuildingConceptsllc I feel like an idiot swimming in all of the Black Friday sales links. Thanks. I've found better pricing at EuroOptic for the mount I'm looking for.
Well you're in good company that's for sure. I would be too embarrassed to say how much time I've spent trying to find the best prices to set up all my new reloading crap for my new loading room. Bleeding money and typing in codes is just all I've done the last 24 hours

Got the only thing I wanted, a standard gen2 Ckye pod single pull. Didn’t see any seconds yesterday, but when I checked today, they had a few at 40% off. Seemed reasonable.

thanks MDT

Cashman sucks

Got the only thing I wanted, a standard gen2 Ckye pod single pull. Didn’t see any seconds yesterday, but when I checked today, they had a few at 40% off. Seemed reasonable.

thanks MDT
I guess I should have waited. The "factory second" ckye pod I bought yesterday at 20% is now on the website for 40%.

Reactions: trob
There’s a lot of non-folding HNT26s up again as well. No R700 SA but they’ve got a decent amount of other options.

Reactions: Trent A
Looks like MDT added some stuff to the sale, including some factory second single pull bipods, and possibly some other stuff.

"RRS" and Arca LH. Not sure what the RRS is, if that's the same as the BTC that's ARCA and Picatinny they reference in other bipod listings, or something else.

I guess I should have waited. The "factory second" ckye pod I bought yesterday at 20% is now on the website for 40%.

I don’t recall how far back, but am fairly certain I read a post by Paige, a MDT staff, on this string of messages, saying if that happened to you, it was a mistake in pricing, and to email them and they would refund the difference.

I spent waaaay too much at short action customs...

I'm trying to find a deal on a luepold scout scope...anyone got anything?

• Haha
Reactions: BassNbrass
Anyone seen a good deal on a lighter weight ballistic helmet? I am basically just seeing 5-10% standard type discounts.

There’s a lot of non-folding HNT26s up again as well. No R700 SA but they’ve got a decent amount of other options.

I didnt see the Factory Seconds offerings yesterday but they threw some more up today and I scored a L/A Rem700 hnt26. I wonder exactly what the "flaws" are if they are worth $400 off the chassis

If they do end up having a sale like cyber Monday I highly doubt it would include the cdg. That’s basically on sale already.

UPDATE: Proof Barrels from https://www.stockysstocks.com/, (at probably the best BF pricing,) was honored when I contacted Jessica (even for Proof Research models not listed on their site [e.g., Terminus Steel]).
Thanks for posting I got a 308 barrel benchmark (never heard of it) for $263 shipped! They had a 10 percent code for new customers. I'm gona have beanland cut it for my terminus Zeus quick change

Did I miss any chat about American Rifle Company having a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale? I need a CDG to go with my HNT26 chassis...
I didn't find any deals on actions.
I wanted a CTG, but with lack of availability, I went with an Origin for $900, of which there aren't a ton floating around

Check the fine print. I noticed some of the deeper discount ones say "factory second" vs the less discounted "overstock"

Anyone have experience with both the Accutac FC-4 and WB-4? Do they serve the same purpose, or not so much? I have a FC-4 and am considering picking up the WB-4 on their 30% deal going on right now. Looking for input on if it would be a redundancy and thus a waist of money to own both, or if I would find them dissimilar enough to appreciate owning both. Also, do these two versions have a remarkable difference from their taller counterparts, the FC-5 and WB-5? Does that’s extra 1.5-2” of height make a real world difference that I would find myself wishing I had gotten the taller over the shorter version, or via versa? I’m sure there is a reason for it otherwise they wouldn’t have put all the time and energy into making two of each that to my uneducated eye seem so similar... I simply don’t have enough experience to know why I would choose one over the other, and why I would choose a short vs a tall version. Any help would be appreciated so I can decide what to invest in, or, maybe decide to just keep my money in my pocket where I really should be leaving it anyway, lol. Just hard to pass up on trying something new out knowing the resale value on SH is likely to be close to what I’ll be paying during this sale anyway so in theory won’t be out to much in the long run even if I decide against keeping it.

Thanks!
-Trent

Dam it, the Accutac P-Ski Feet just sold out that I had in my cart… I’m really bad at this overthinking it/indecisiveness thing. It’s cost me A LOT of good deals over the last couple days!

It's harder to add height if you're maxed out at straight 90° leg deployment (usually the leg extensions are +6" or more) but you can make the tall bipod shorter by deploying the bipod at 45° and extending legs as necessary. Depending on the type of surface you shoot on, you can lose 1/4" to 1/2" of height when the feet starts to dig into very soft dirt or sand.

You do realize they are a Canadian company right? They don’t plan around our Thanksgiving any more than we plan around their Victoria day. For them it is just another day in the office, except dealing with the pissed of Americans who want to complain to them about their business choices! lol
I’d like to see their break down of American customers vs. Canadian customers. Looks to like they are very interested in our Thanksgiving holiday.

BF is here and Area 419's 2023 BF page does not show the Zero press: https://www.area419.com/black-friday/ with the press showing full retail at https://www.area419.com/product/the-zero-reloading-press/. All the YT reviews like Gavin from UR said it was a $1.2K press, and that was 3 years ago. I get prices go up, supply backlogs, etc, but this is BF...

()

I believe they are running a sale on all reloading equipment on Cyber Monday if my memory serves me correctly.