• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 Black Friday & Veterans Day Sale Thread

Anyone see a discount that will apply to nightforce rings? Everywhere I’ve tried that has a code doesn’t apply to nightforce, even the places that are doing 10% off ATACRs and NX8s.

Anyone have experience with both the Accutac FC-4 and WB-4? Do they serve the same purpose, or not so much? I have a FC-4 and am considering picking up the WB-4 on their 30% deal going on right now. Looking for input on if it would be a redundancy and thus a waist of money to own both, or if I would find them dissimilar enough to appreciate owning both. Also, do these two versions have a remarkable difference from their taller counterparts, the FC-5 and WB-5? Does that’s extra 1.5-2” of height make a real world difference that I would find myself wishing I had gotten the taller over the shorter version, or via versa? I’m sure there is a reason for it otherwise they wouldn’t have put all the time and energy into making two of each that to my uneducated eye seem so similar... I simply don’t have enough experience to know why I would choose one over the other, and why I would choose a short vs a tall version. Any help would be appreciated so I can decide what to invest in, or, maybe decide to just keep my money in my pocket where I really should be leaving it anyway, lol. Just hard to pass up on trying something new out knowing the resale value on SH is likely to be close to what I’ll be paying during this sale anyway so in theory won’t be out to much in the long run even if I decide against keeping it.

Thanks!
-Trent
The WB does not have panning, which opinions differ on if that's valuable (depending on use case). Panning as a feature is probably useful when you start getting into competitions where shooting off odd surfaces don't allow for traditional bipod setups. The downside is panning adds weight, height, and one more moveable interface likely reduced stability slightly. Panning is probably more useful in something like PRS or some hunting situations, but for just typical range use, I never use it. They are both big bipods.

It's hard to tell which is more stable. The WB-4 without panning lets the rifle sit lower in the cradle between the legs, which increases stability, but the FC-4 has wider legs, so it could be a wash stability wise, with the FC-4 being just a larger/wider bipod. If they made the FC-5 without panning it would be even more stable. Which is probably what the HD-50 is but there's no 45 degree leg option on the HD50 so that's a deal killer for me. Neither are small bipods so for PRS etc. neither is probably a good choice.

Height is harder, the Accutac's don't have much height adjustment compared to other bipod options, for bench use it seems like most guys prefer the "4" series, but if you like running the legs at 45 deg, or you're a bigger guy prone the "5" series might be better. It also depends on the rifle and it's attachment. I know Frank has said in the past many guys run their bipods too low for good positioning. I think this is one of the biggest limitations of the Accutac line, very little hight adjustment in the bipod legs, but probably helps with stability.

If you have an FC-4 and it's height is fine, I might try a WB-5 for a couple reasons. First the WB lets the rifle sit lower without panning so you need a bit more bipod height to get to the same place with a WB as an FC. The other is that you can swap legs between 4 and 5 series. Which means if you have an FC-4 now, and buy a WB-5 you can mix/match the two leg lengths to get exactly what you want.

If I already had an FC-4 unless it was not working for bench/prone use I'm not sure I'd try out the WB series, if I did it would be with the intention that I'd pick the one I liked the most and dump the other one.

Reactions: Trent A
Anyone run across a carbon fiber 16 or 18 inch 6 arc AR bbl in their black Friday meanderings?

Thanks!

Anyone run across a carbon fiber 16 or 18 inch 6 arc AR bbl in their black Friday meanderings?

Thanks!
You can backorder at Stocky’s. Front Range Precision is OOS

Reactions: Bart
I’d like to see their break down of American customers vs. Canadian customers. Looks to like they are very interested in our Thanksgiving holiday.

The sport is much bigger here, I imagine the US makes up a huge portion of their sales.

Anyone have experience with both the Accutac FC-4 and WB-4? Do they serve the same purpose, or not so much? I have a FC-4 and am considering picking up the WB-4 on their 30% deal going on right now. Looking for input on if it would be a redundancy and thus a waist of money to own both, or if I would find them dissimilar enough to appreciate owning both. Also, do these two versions have a remarkable difference from their taller counterparts, the FC-5 and WB-5? Does that’s extra 1.5-2” of height make a real world difference that I would find myself wishing I had gotten the taller over the shorter version, or via versa? I’m sure there is a reason for it otherwise they wouldn’t have put all the time and energy into making two of each that to my uneducated eye seem so similar... I simply don’t have enough experience to know why I would choose one over the other, and why I would choose a short vs a tall version. Any help would be appreciated so I can decide what to invest in, or, maybe decide to just keep my money in my pocket where I really should be leaving it anyway, lol. Just hard to pass up on trying something new out knowing the resale value on SH is likely to be close to what I’ll be paying during this sale anyway so in theory won’t be out to much in the long run even if I decide against keeping it.

Thanks!
-Trent
I'd suggest you get the WB-5...the FC models pan...I have owned a couple of bipods that pan and never liked them including a cyke pod(that I liked)that I just kept the pan locked all the time...think of this...your shooting then pan way right next target is way on the left side of the range in order to pan over there you have to move your body quite a bit if you lift and move the rifle left the legs on the bipod are all outta wack...IMHO the pan is just a gimick.

Atlas target works has a sale going. Ordered yesterday and my stuff is already showing picked up and scheduled for a Monday delivery! Give them props for that. They had some sweet rimfire targets.

Atlas target works has a sale going. Ordered yesterday and my stuff is already showing picked up and scheduled for a Monday delivery! Give them props for that. They had some sweet rimfire targets.
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Guy is super fast with shipping and any questions. Been very happy with the KYL Rack, Spinner and Legged Bases!

You do realize they are a Canadian company right? They don’t plan around our Thanksgiving any more than we plan around their Victoria day. For them it is just another day in the office, except dealing with the pissed of Americans who want to complain to them about their business choices! lol

^^^^^
That's the answer I was going to post.

If anyone is looking for a killer deal in a 6.5cm barreled action Brownell has Howa 1500 barreled action in 6.5cm for sub $400 with coupon code. Just drop it in a stock and go.

Has anybody seen good deals on sig kilo bino rangefinders besides sigs site?
Eurooptic has some smoking prices on sig binos. So does optics planet and there in stock which means you will get them in a somewhat timely manner. 12% off at op

Reactions: Bonjourjr
Just one of these 735 going on a delayed BF sale. I dont do much on Black Friday but here is one for a guy that can be quick on the draw. Use BF23 as the code.

If anyone is looking for a killer deal in a 6.5cm barreled action Brownell has Howa 1500 barreled action in 6.5cm for sub $400 with coupon code. Just drop it in a stock and go.

I really wanted to buy their 16" version and slap into one of MDT's lower cost stocks/ chassis and could have probably been into a complete rifle for sub $800. But boy have I spent so much already and don't need another rifle. 😂

Reactions: padom
Anyone see a discount that will apply to nightforce rings? Everywhere I’ve tried that has a code doesn’t apply to nightforce, even the places that are doing 10% off ATACRs and NX8s.
Have you reached out to Doug at cameraland?

Reactions: packratt
If you can find the UPC/MPN gun.deals is always a good place to check. I find a lot of regular prices through there that are cheaper than some popular black friday offerings. Some stores have silly expensive shipping prices, but the amount of money I've saved just on ammo using that site compared to other popular online stores is staggering.

Sig 6k's as low as $768

Lack of optic deals was really disappointing this year, but honestly the deals in general were pretty soft, that or I'm just getting more picky about what I buy.

Couple people have mentioned Proof barrels at Stockys, but they also have an interesting AR15 Proof carbon barrel that comes with the gas block, tube, and muzzle brake for $599 that shows up in cart at $480. 223 8 twist, and 224 7 twist. I don't need another AR barrel but that's tempting.

Last edited:
If you can find the UPC/MPN gun.deals is always a good place to check. I find a lot of regular prices through there that are cheaper than some popular black friday offerings. Some stores have silly expensive shipping prices, but the amount of money I've saved just on ammo using that site compared to other popular online stores is staggering.

Sig 6k's as low as $768

Lack of optic deals was really disappointing this year, but honestly the deals in general were pretty soft, that or I'm just getting more picky about what I buy.

Couple people have mentioned Proof barrels at Stockys, but they also have an interesting AR15 Proof carbon barrel that comes with the gas block, tube, and muzzle brake for $599 that shows up in cart at $480. 223 8 twist, and 224 7 twist. I don't need another AR barrel but that's tempting.
Does anyone know anything about the Proof barrel from Stockys for $480? It says proprietary parts and no returns. Gas block looks kinda big to fit under a hand guard is my concern….

Does anyone know anything about the Proof barrel from Stockys for $480? It says proprietary parts and no returns. Gas block looks kinda big to fit under a hand guard is my concern….
They have an odd gas block journal size and strange looking gas block, only difference I see. If they were threaded 5/8-24, I’d try one.

@MDT_Josh
@MDT_OFFICIAL

Guys,

Is there any way I can add one item to my already placed order? I didn't know I needed an m-lok picatinny rail until just now that I saw them on your website. It would be pretty cool if I can save on shipping by buying this item and including on initial order.

@MDT_Josh
@MDT_OFFICIAL

Guys,

Is there any way I can add one item to my already placed order? I didn't know I needed an m-lok picatinny rail until just now that I saw them on your website. It would be pretty cool if I can save on shipping by buying this item and including on initial order.
We can't add them to an order, but place the order and e-mail us through your support center, and we will see if we can get them shipped together.

Reactions: Terp
TRIGGER/CHASSIS ALERT:

Red Hawk Rifles (https://redhawkrifles.com/black-friday-deals/) has some good BF sales going on that are equivalent in some cases or better to TriggerTech's (https://redhawkrifles.com/triggers-black-friday/), and while not as discounted MDT's site for certain chassis, still decent price-wise (https://redhawkrifles.com/stocks-chassis-black-friday/).

Short Action Precision also has some pretty good trigger deals as well that might be better than the manufacturer BF offerings in some cases (https://www.shortactionprecision.com/collections/sap-black-friday-sale-items).

They were made for Savage comp rifles.
Adjustable gas block is keyed so it can't get mis aligned. Gas block is held on with a nut that threads onto barrel. Will not fit under any handguard. There are handguards that will fit around it.

I have one. If you are OK with a short or different handguard, it's a great deal for a carbon barrel and adjustable gas block.

15% off and free shipping at JC Steel targets. Jake took care of me years ago, and I've always just bought everything from him since then.

Picked up a 30" round and slotted hook hanger for about $60 off, plus the free shipping.
Spent hundreds with him the other day and hundreds with atlas targets as well. Both had different options but similar deals. Huge upgrades to the rimfire range for this guy!

Mile high has 10% off ATACRs and NX8s like others but they’re also including a free Spuhr SP mount of your choosing. They charge shipping and tax but the free Spuhr more then makes up for that. I’ve been wanting a 2.5-20 NX8 for a while so figured this was a good opportunity to get one.

Between MDT, Brownells, mile high, primary arms and red hawk rifles I was able to piece together a lightweight 22 creedmoor build for $5,355.10 consisting of

-Kelbly nanook short action
-20” 8 twist proof carbon barrel
-MDT HNT26 chassis with folding stock
-Triggertech diamond
-Various MDT AICS mags
-Nightforce ultralight rings
-Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 MIL-XT

And I’ll be able to sell the Spuhr to recoup some money. Pretty happy with the cost of everything, saved over $1,400 from regular prices and that’s before selling the spuhr.

Does anyone have the code?

Yea... I know. I've spent way too much $$$ since yesterday and really don't need this, but my curiosity posted for me.

I was actually hoping someone would say it was sold out so I'm not tempted.

I'll throw myself at the mercy of the Hide and impose self punishment by turning my Federal Primers to face the other way.

Reactions: pell1203
1700971559488.png

https://www.pmatool.com

SILENTNIGHT23 to save 15% on all your purchases from November 26th thru January 1st. The only fine print we've got on this code is that it is not valid on Lenzi products (especially the rest, so don't even ask).

Reactions: Dawhit
The WB does not have panning, which opinions differ on if that's valuable (depending on use case). Panning as a feature is probably useful when you start getting into competitions where shooting off odd surfaces don't allow for traditional bipod setups. The downside is panning adds weight, height, and one more moveable interface likely reduced stability slightly. Panning is probably more useful in something like PRS or some hunting situations, but for just typical range use, I never use it. They are both big bipods.

It's hard to tell which is more stable. The WB-4 without panning lets the rifle sit lower in the cradle between the legs, which increases stability, but the FC-4 has wider legs, so it could be a wash stability wise, with the FC-4 being just a larger/wider bipod. If they made the FC-5 without panning it would be even more stable. Which is probably what the HD-50 is but there's no 45 degree leg option on the HD50 so that's a deal killer for me. Neither are small bipods so for PRS etc. neither is probably a good choice.

Height is harder, the Accutac's don't have much height adjustment compared to other bipod options, for bench use it seems like most guys prefer the "4" series, but if you like running the legs at 45 deg, or you're a bigger guy prone the "5" series might be better. It also depends on the rifle and it's attachment. I know Frank has said in the past many guys run their bipods too low for good positioning. I think this is one of the biggest limitations of the Accutac line, very little hight adjustment in the bipod legs, but probably helps with stability.

If you have an FC-4 and it's height is fine, I might try a WB-5 for a couple reasons. First the WB lets the rifle sit lower without panning so you need a bit more bipod height to get to the same place with a WB as an FC. The other is that you can swap legs between 4 and 5 series. Which means if you have an FC-4 now, and buy a WB-5 you can mix/match the two leg lengths to get exactly what you want.

If I already had an FC-4 unless it was not working for bench/prone use I'm not sure I'd try out the WB series, if I did it would be with the intention that I'd pick the one I liked the most and dump the other one.

Thank you for this! That was extremely informative, well thought out, and must have taken some time for the write up alone in and of itself! I really appreciate it!

Thanks!
-Trent

They're terrible, no one should buy these.

I kid.........25.3 AA2520 with 77SMK @2.260 = 2758 & 1/2 minute. It shot so well I bought a spare + I've already gone to the trouble of fitting it to a rail.

The block is .815" & can't be made to fit under a rail. It's also not rifle length gas, it's 5/8" short of RL. It's 223W chamber 8T. Should also mention the barrel crown is odd as it has a taper that extends past the threads. Might not play well with all brakes or suppressor adapters.
The brake that comes with it is a self timing Fugly 2 round port set up. Can confirm a Precision Armament Hypertap works very well.
11" max rail length if you don't want to modify. 13" if you don't mind cutting out the top of rail.

This is a 12-5/8" Mega Wedge Lock, cut out to fit. I also cut the small radius on the back of the LWRC sight.

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

"For the poors" as some of y'all might say.
Harbor Freight 9800 Apache Rifle Case on sale for $99 until 11/27/23

I get that these are considered the "cheap" option, and some may have a hard budget which I can understand. However if you can go one step in price up, even being budget minded I strongly recommend considering right now Nanuk is still having their sale, and for only $100 more dollars because it is also free shipping and no tax:

You get a top of the line quality case (imo better than pelican), lifetime warranty, their customer service is great, and the case is slightly larger. Also there are plenty of third party options to change the foam to closed cell (polyethylene) foam if you want.

If you get it with the TSA locks and foam it will put you at $217. Or you could do foam and no TSA locks, then throw in either a shoulder strap, or a dessicant pack and it will be $215. The 985 and 990 are also great deals right now.