• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

208 amax speeds

shane204

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2012
Pennsylvania
I was wondering what kind of speeds you guys are getting with the 208. The load I am using is 55 gr. of H4831sc with CCI 250 magnum primers in pmc brass. I shot it across the chrono this weekend and got an average of 2711 fps. This is from a Savage 110 with a Criterion 10 twist barrel chambered in 30/06. My dad and I both were suprised that it was that fast.

I thought it was fast because the books I have say I should be around 2400. I do like the extra speed.

Yeah I looked at it. I just thought it was a little fast. The 208 shoots great in my gun. I just need to get some more time to work with it

It's still cold here so I am not getting pressure signs yet but that could change once it warms up above 40 degrees

I'm running at 3060 with a soft load in my 27.5" barreled 300RUM. My hot load will run 3215 but doesn't shoot quite as tight as the softer one... Get some powder behind that big heavy slug and get out there...wayyy out there------------------------------------------------------->>>;)