• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.21 SHARP, what is it?

I’m trying to figure out what the point of it is. Is it to go after a more ballistically efficient design for the guys pushing the long range envelope for rimfires? Is it just to be different?

More bullet options, real jacketed bullets, boat tails. Just a barrel swap away with any 22lr. Internally lubricated lead bullets instead of externally lubed, no more greasy fingers from loading magazines.
I like it.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
So how many are going to rebarrel their 22's to use this ammo?

Ammo quality depends on manufacturer. There is high quality match 22lr and there is shitty stuff. Might be an avenue to some really nice ammo down the road. It wouldn't be too hard for Eley, Lapua or RWS to make some match stuff. They already make the casing and and prime them. They would have to tool up bullet swaging or other type of bullet making process, then crimp it in a case and test fire loads. I'll wait a while to switch barrels.

Mike

sure...they could. they could also load CE solids or make their own...which is a big improvement and would sell a boatload with the right price. yet they don't

Reactions: pabrousseau
So it doesn’t seem to be all that much. I think PCPs have a better chance of taking over the precision field.

it's 21 and it will put your eye out
main-qimg-c9c556b2f6efbb0079235a0fa13a5688-lq

Or it’s “Smoke coming out of their jumblies”

IMG_1027.png
IMG_1027.png

Edit: Not sure why the image got doubled but, “smashing baby”.