• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 210 Berger vs. Antelope

esorensen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Broomfield, CO
Once again, more evidence to fuel the moot argument of match bullets on game. I took the family out yesterday in an attempt to fill our tags. Mr. buck here with the goofy horn showed up first. I introduced him to the .308 and 210 Berger lit by RL 17 I've been playing with. Shot was 315 yds and I hit too far back got the back of the lungs and liver with #1. #2 was high shoulder and dispatched him rather authoritatively. Pack out was .6 mi and the whole mess weighed in at...a buck and a quarter. Seriously. We all had a blast. I at first couldn't figure out why this buck looked like he was literally sitting and staring at me for five minutes. He finally turned and I shot while he was walking. Come to find out, he was hit earlier in the left rear leg with something that penciled thru breaking that leg. Some asshole had taken a shot at him and left him for coyote bait. I'm glad that we were able to take him and put an end to his suffering.
100_4687.jpg

100_4688.jpg

100_4690.jpg

100_4691.jpg

100_4696.jpg

Re: 210 Berger vs. Antelope

I won't add fuel to the match bullet debate, but those are some great pix of "smiles for miles" on those kids! I LOVE to see that! Good job. Thanks for sending em!

Great pics and Kudos to you for bringing the family ! I love hunting with the kids and wife.
cool.gif
KEEP IT UP !!

168 Berger VLD 7mm RM "match Bullets" WORK !
346012006Goat_copy.jpg

115 DTAC 508 yards
2008_2nd_Goat.JPG

115 DTAC 423 yards
346012007_Goat_423_yards.JPG

medic, Good shooting and way to go getting the family out there with you. Nice field pics!! You've got it going on bro!!

Have to hand it to you Medic, nobody is going to say you shot that one out of the truck. Packing out can be a lot of work. Is your pack an external frame pack?

Great to see the wife and kids there too, your boy looks pretty enthused about helping hold up those horns. Good family picture, I always told my wife we could use one of those for the Christmas card. lol

Thanks for the props guys. All girls... daughters that is! Pack is an
Eberlestock "just one" pack. One strap under the hindquarters, and one under the elbows. Going back out Monday to find a doe for the wife. It'll be her first. She'll be shooting the .243 AR-10T with the 6.5-20 Leupy with the VH reticle and 105 Bergers at 3k. She has already shot confirmed reticle drops all the way to 600. If it's in range and she's steady, its's dead.

Outstanding!

Isn't it nice to not have to put up with 'someones' noise anymore?
grin.gif

Will definitely give an update on the doe. As far as bouncing off, look at the first pic next to my daughter's right ankle. That would be the exit of #2. The entrance of #1 is on pic #2 next to my left knee. Thank God no guts. The report of that big gullet hitting flesh was impressive to say the least. It scared the crap out of the daughter standing next to me when she heard it.

No doe yet. Too windy and they are too spooky. Did find the time to whack a couple of pdogs tho.

Whooorahh, sonny! Man what a trophy too. I'd put that head on the wall in a minute. Good job youngster. U will yet be a jedi night (small "j"). Hardy Har!

I have used match bullets for deer hunting a few times, I never had a drop dead kill, but I found everyone within 50yds. Who cares about that. Great family pic's, you rock man, everyone with ear to ear smiles, thats good stuff!!!!!

Nice hunting and pics, wish my wife would go out hunting.
I recommend Steve to help haul meat. I had a hard time keeping up with him two years ago out in WY.
grin.gif

No doe yet! Put a good stalk on a herd today and she had a shot @550? Don't know the exact yardage as the Swaro wouldn't get a consistent hit a
on anything. The weeds are too tall and the antelope are too small I guess. Did some informal target shooting and the reticle is dead on with JBM. Just need to find some that aren't so freakin' spooky and give her a steady broadside shot.

He used his jedi mind tricks! Any how, no doe for ma. Blowing and snowing today and only found them on land we didn't have permission to hunt on.