• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 22-250IMP vs 223...

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
thought it looked kinda cool, thought i would share... if you look in back left corner at the loaded 22-250, you can see prior to fire forming and post shooting thru the IMP, note the more square shoulder

Re: 22-250IMP vs 223...

That is cool, big difference. What velocity are you getting out of your 22-250? Thanks....

With the right twist that ought to be the ticket for launching the 90 gr'ers out to 1k.

Give us a little lowdown on the gun if you would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdsii64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is an awful lot of smack-down. If you don't mind my asking. How much difference in velocity is an ackley improved 22-250 vs. a regular 22-250.</div></div>

Enough to say it's worth it.

I've never shot the .22-250 AI but have shot the .22-250 a lot. It's hard to beat for day in day out popping varmints at extended ranges. But, I have read that one of Ackleys BEST conversions was the .250-3000. While at the time, twists and powders limited what he could do with the .22-250. Now days there's a way to make it a better round.

Still waiting to hear on all the good stuff that rifle has.....
grin.gif

sorry... specs are

Rem 700 SA, Blueprinted by Speedy Gonzalez Gunsmithing of Tx
Factory 24" varmint bbl, reamed out to AI
Callahan Speedlock Assembly
AZ Precision Phoenix Bolt Knob
Factory trigger, set to 3#
Score High Single Shot Follower, also their bedding (done by me)
Bell & Carlson A2 in Freedom Tan
Seekins 20MOA base and 30mm Rings
NF Benchrest 8-32x56

This thing is my go-to varmint rig. I shoot 1/3-1/4" groups with it at 100yards without even trying. It is amazing how well you can get a factory barrel to shoot. It shot well prior to reaming, or else i would have thrown on a new tube during blueprinting. Cant think of my load right now, will look it up. I have put a solid 600 rounds down this baby, and it still shoots lights out. I am getting about 1MOA out of it at my 580 yard range, but this thing gets very touchy with the winds we get at that distance. On a semi calm evening i can do about 5" group at that distance, which is not to bad in my opinion. But for varmints <400 yards, its instant red spray!