• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 ammo for vudoo v-22

Leatherneck105

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
New to the rim fire game. I should have my v-22 in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any suggestions what ammo to start with? Should I stay within the subsonic range. I know that every rifle is different but need some guidance on what brands may work out best and where to buy.

Eley Tenex, Eley Match, Lapua Midas, Lapua Center X

Of those 4 you will find the one your rifle likes best then it will be time to start lot testing.

The 4 jbell listed will be one of the many high dollar ammos that WILL shoot the best and your rifle will probably like them all. I also have been testing the cheaper ammos to compare accuracy vs price and acceptable accuracy for shooting the ELR 22 matches to 300 yards as the targets at 300 are never smaller then 10 inches. So im nailing my high dollar ammo, and a acceptable low dollar ammo as well.

But of the testing I have done 85% of the ammo I have shot has all shot 1/2 inch or less at 50 yards

Nomad brings up a good point. It’s really based on expectations. I’m not happy with ammo or a rifle unless it will hold sub 0.250” @ 50 yards. That’s not to say every round I send down range is within a 1/2 MOA dispersion. You have to be honest with yourself when testing rifles & ammo.

CCI standard velocity. Stay away from high velocity ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Nomad are you willing to share your results on what ammo you have tested so far. What you found works best at longer ranges. How are you finding the info on bullet drop. Im familiar with center fire using a kestrel or ballistic app. Where are you finding the info on the bullet size, ballistic coefficient etc. Thanks for the help.

I'm going interested in CCIsv results. I have a "bunch" ;) lol. I'd be ok with 1moa to at least 100. It's kinda hard to use these as trainers when you don't know if it was you, wind, or rifle/ammo combo. I recently sold a 455 that didn't like CCIsv. That's how much I have. I don't have the time or patience to chase the perfect lot of a certain brand. That's why I'm ok with 1ish moa.

I'm ready to order on in a week or so.

I started looking for mid-price range ammo to use in a Douglas match grade bbl on a CLE 22RF service rifle upper back in the late '90s. At that time, every lot of Wolf Match Target & Match Extra that I tried gave very good results, which is generally contrary to what you'd expect. I bought a split case of the two grades, half MT, half ME, and was happy - not only with the AR22, but also in an Anschutz 1611 that I'd traded for. This batch of ammo also shot fine in several CMP M52Ds & 40XB rifles that I'd bought.

A little over a year ago, after building myself a 22 trainer on a Stiller repeater action with a Krieger bbl, I started looking for ammo that would live up to the potential of a custom bbl on a fine action in a great stock. That old Wolf didn't shoot as good as it had when I'd bought it, or perhaps I was just expecting more out of this new rifle. Whatever - I got test lots of today's Wolf MT & ME, along with SK Std+, Rifle Match, Fed Ultra Match, Lapua Center-X, Eley Tenex & Match EPS and began shooting. The newer Wolf didn't do well in this bbl, nor was I impressed with either of the Eley grades - especially at that price level. But I found one lot out of a dozen or more of Center-X that was pretty good - only problem there was that by the time I'd been able to get some decent days to shoot at 100yds, the supply of that one lot had dried up. However, I found a couple of lots of SK Rifle Match that were very nearly as good as that one lot of Center-X, and it cost $4/box less than the Lapua.

Later on, after barreling a couple of 40X repeaters that jelrod converted for me, I found that SK Pistol Match was surprisingly good, and at a buck a box under what Rifle Match runs. What pleases me is that the cases of the SK that I bought for the two 40Xs also shoots great in the new V22's Krieger. So for now, I'm set for all the practicing I'm liable to have decent weather for this coming winter, and still have plenty to see me through next season's precision 22rf matches. Life is good - and I don't have to pay over $10/box to feel like I'm getting ammo that's as good as I need.

I've systematically been going through the various brands I have on-hand, Lapua Center X, Lapua X-Act, Eley Match, Eley Force and SK. I've not made it through what I have yet, but not seeing a lot of variation at 50, all are grouping incredibly well. I'll start increasing the distance this weekend, as I suspect the 100 yard targets will be very telling.

MB

The test target that came with my V22 was shot with SK Rifle Match. That forced me to buy a brick and give it a try. Cheaper than the Wolf and Lapua I have been shooting and its just as accurate if not tad bit better in my rifle.

When unboxing my rifle I checked for a test target as I thought I read somewhere they do test fire their guns for accuracy, but I might have gotten mixed up. Has anyone run tenex, or any other flat nosed ammo through their vudoo with success in both feed and accuracy?

Robert, all rifles are targeted prior to shipping, not sure why your target didn’t make it into the box. I’ll look into that.

Eley Tenex runs beautifully.

MB

I found that you should test at each distance and not ass-u-me just because ammo shoots well art 50 it will shoot well at 100, 200 or beyond. Ammo that shot well at 100 (fed ultra match) did poorly at 200 compared to others (Eley) in my Sako Range. From what I have read I would expect the Vudoo to shoot some target Ammo 1/4" or better at 50 some ammo 1/2" or better at 100 and a few will hold 1" or better at 200 on the perfect day. But they may be different brands that do best at each distance. At 200 wind will induce a lot of vertical in any .22 ammo which makes it a challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pravataracing
No test target with mine either so I just went and made my own! Only had about an hour yesterday, but shot sk std+, rifle match, and center x. Rifle shot them all fine with a preference for the center x, averaged about .3s with that. Rifle match wasn’t far behind, and for the cost difference probably what I’ll shoot most of. More testing to come....

Overall, very impressed with the rifle, although I would like a little more enthusiastic ejection. Maybe I’m just hypersensitive to this after years of deaing with anschutz 64s lackluster ejection.

Lapua and Eley make great ammo, but the majority of my shooting is done with CCI SV. $35 a brick at walmart and seems to be consistent and accurate enough, sub 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with my KIDD barreled Ruger 10/22. I've been shooting the Eley rimfire matches at peacemaker with the CCI and I don't think it's holding me back.

-Kirby

Lapua and Eley make great ammo, but the majority of my shooting is done with CCI SV. $35 a brick at walmart and seems to be consistent and accurate enough, sub 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with my KIDD barreled Ruger 10/22. I've been shooting the Eley rimfire matches at peacemaker with the CCI and I don't think it's holding me back.

-Kirby

Guess it all depends what you're doing with the rifle and your overall accuracy expectations. Indeed, SV is fine ammo for most purposes, but we're talking about a $2k+ custom rifle here. For most the SV is great because their rifle isn't inherently any more accurate than that ammo. I know, you've got a Kidd barrel....so do I. And I took it off because it won't shoot any better than SV level accuracy with much better ammunition put through it. Guess what, I put a Fedderson barrel on the same rifle, no other changes, and it'll give every one of my bolt guns a run for their money now. Not quite as good, but damn close, but not with SV ammo. When the system is capable of sub 1/2" accuracy at 50 yds, SV just won't consistently do it. My point is, SV is good for it's price point, but it's not all that great as 22 ammo goes. If you're happy with your 1/2" groups that's great because that's all you're looking for. I'd venture to say most who are buying vudoo rifles expect better, and are willing to feed it better ammo to achieve better results. I know I am, and so far I'm pleased with what I'm seeing with (gasp) $8-12/box ammo. At the end of the day, you're talking about a $100/1000 rds price difference for a pretty significant improvement in consistency. It's worth every penny to me when I know that anything but one ragged hole is a result of the shooter, not the rifle or ammo.

BTW, the KIDD barrel is for sale if anyone wants it!

Guys, my test target came in the form of a business card with a 3 shot group on it. Don't overlook that if you still have it.

Guess it all depends what you're doing with the rifle and your overall accuracy expectations. Indeed, SV is fine ammo for most purposes, but we're talking about a $2k+ custom rifle here. For most the SV is great because their rifle isn't inherently any more accurate than that ammo. I know, you've got a Kidd barrel....so do I. And I took it off because it won't shoot any better than SV level accuracy with much better ammunition put through it. Guess what, I put a Fedderson barrel on the same rifle, no other changes, and it'll give every one of my bolt guns a run for their money now. Not quite as good, but damn close, but not with SV ammo. When the system is capable of sub 1/2" accuracy at 50 yds, SV just won't consistently do it. My point is, SV is good for it's price point, but it's not all that great as 22 ammo goes. If you're happy with your 1/2" groups that's great because that's all you're looking for. I'd venture to say most who are buying vudoo rifles expect better, and are willing to feed it better ammo to achieve better results. I know I am, and so far I'm pleased with what I'm seeing with (gasp) $8-12/box ammo. At the end of the day, you're talking about a $100/1000 rds price difference for a pretty significant improvement in consistency. It's worth every penny to me when I know that anything but one ragged hole is a result of the shooter, not the rifle or ammo.

BTW, the KIDD barrel is for sale if anyone wants it!

Hmm, maybe just maybe he like purchasing ammo that gets the results needed for the match. I’ve shot also all types of match .22lr ammo in my rifle. From from Lapua, Eley, Wolf, RWS and so on. And you know what, CCI SV is up among the best. Depending on the lot the SD might be slightly higher than the privvious lot but you’ll find that with all 22lr ammo. When compared to Lapua CenterX the SD on SV was about 3-4 higher. However, the groups were nearly the same. Maybe <1/10” difference at 50yds. So comparing prices CenterX being about $12 and SV being $3.50. You can guess what I’m going to go with. I’m not going to spend an extra $8.50 that’s just pissing in the wind.

And if your going to talk about suggesting any type of .22 ammo. The only suggestion that is actually viable is to tell that person to buy a bunch of different types and see what his rifle likes.

Attachments

• photo83173.jpg
    photo83173.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: Pravataracing
V22 / 16.5 Vudoo barrel / Ravage / Athlon Ares 4-27
Indoor 50 YDS
5shots

Attachments

• photo83221.jpg
    photo83221.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Shot two different lots of ultramatch and one of the lots was just OK, and the other was very disappointing. Will try some other brands and report back. Still haven’t found anything the vudoo likes yet. Seems I’ve seen some good things with SK and WOLF, so those will be the next ones up.

My 20" Ravage likes SK Standard, the yellow box, 1 hole @ 50 yards. It is my practice ammo for this distance. Not much luck with the Federal UM-22 Ultramatch. Likes Center-x also, but have not run any through it since it broke in. Lots of testing to do.

I just did some testing and here's what I found:

I tested SK Match, SK Standard Plus, Wolf Match, Eley EPS, Eley Match, Eley Target, Eley Club, Eley Tenex, R50, and Lapua Center X.

In short, R50, Eley Club and SK Rifle Match shot the best. I did testing with 3 and 5 shot groups, then shot a 5 x 5 to validate the numbers. Here's what I got:

The average of all of the Eley Club was .2762" at 50 yards.

The average of all SK Rifle Match was .294" at 50 yards.

I only had a small sample of R50 and the average was .206".

Here's what I learned:

The barrel likes to be cleaned about every 50-75 rounds with the suppressor. It got dirty quickly and shots seemed to drop out of the X-Ring for no good reason.

The best ammo seemed to be SK Rifle Match and Eley Club. Of the 2, SK Rifle Match was the most confidence-inspiring and Eley Club was second. I've ordered a metric crap-ton of those two to try, but they shot very well.

The worst ammo seemed to be Eley Match, Wolf and Lapua Center-X. R50 doesn't seem to be worth twice the money.

Your experience may be different than mine, and I've yet to test at 100 yards. I'll keep you posted with 100 yard testing later on.

Reactions: nickw
I had high hopes for the UM as I’ve had spectacular results with it from 2 of my Annie’s

I tested SK Match, SK Standard Plus, Wolf Match, Eley EPS, Eley Match, Eley Target, Eley Club, Eley Tenex, R50, and Lapua Center X.

In short, R50, Eley Club and SK Rifle Match shot the best. I did testing with 3 and 5 shot groups, then shot a 5 x 5 to validate the numbers. Here's what I got:

Here's what I learned:

The barrel likes to be cleaned about every 50-75 rounds with the suppressor. It got dirty quickly and shots seemed to drop out of the X-Ring for no good reason.

The best ammo seemed to be SK Rifle Match and Eley Club. Of the 2, SK Rifle Match was the most confidence-inspiring and Eley Club was second. I've ordered a metric crap-ton of those two to try, but they shot very well.

The worst ammo seemed to be Eley Match, Wolf and Lapua Center-X. R50 doesn't seem to be worth twice the money.

Your experience may be different than mine, and I've yet to test at 100 yards. I'll keep you posted with 100 yard testing later on.

What barrel did you go with on your rifle?
DW

Hmm, maybe just maybe he like purchasing ammo that gets the results needed for the match. I’ve shot also all types of match .22lr ammo in my rifle. From from Lapua, Eley, Wolf, RWS and so on. And you know what, CCI SV is up among the best. Depending on the lot the SD might be slightly higher than the privvious lot but you’ll find that with all 22lr ammo. When compared to Lapua CenterX the SD on SV was about 3-4 higher. However, the groups were nearly the same. Maybe <1/10” difference at 50yds. So comparing prices CenterX being about $12 and SV being $3.50. You can guess what I’m going to go with. I’m not going to spend an extra $8.50 that’s just pissing in the wind.

And if your going to talk about suggesting any type of .22 ammo. The only suggestion that is actually viable is to tell that person to buy a bunch of different types and see what his rifle likes.

Well fuck me....I'm just over here pissing in the wind. I wish you could have enlightened me before I wasted all this money. Just to make you feel a little better about how I'm spending my hard earned cash, here's a 5 shot 50 yard group with sk rifle match. If I'm lucky I'll be able to keep shooting it and still afford to put the kids through college.
group.jpg

And BTW, I never suggested anyone shoot any specific type of ammo. I simply stated that those trying to extract the most from their rimfire rifle are likely not relying on SV to do it. Or perhaps I missed what the latest benchrest, silhouette, and olympic shooters are using and they've all switched to SV because as you say, anything more is pissing in the wind.

Also, I believe this thread asked about V-22 ammo suggestions. So what's your Vudoo like????
rifle.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice group TNSHOOT and very much the same as what I've printed with Center-X, X-ACT and Eley Tenex. You make a valid point about the level of achievable accuracy with X and XX barrels. What's important to note though is the particular chambers in the X and XX barrels. More often than not, accuracy is not at the top of the requirement when a 22LR barrel is chambered.

Chambers that are significantly longer are used making it impossible for some users to see any value (on the target) in the more expensive, higher quality ammo. In fact, there are certain levels of ammo offered by Lapua and Eley that are not available unless your rifle has been through their testing to ensure the rifle is capable of shooting at a particular level of accuracy.

MB

Mike, I've been using a PTG Eley EPS reamer (ground 7/16) in the last couple of 22RF bbls I've done for myself. The original reamer I bought from them was labeled "Ultimate EPS", but it was replaced after it failed while cutting the 3rd bbl I did (Lilja tite bore for my converted 40XB). So the Eley EPS reamer did the Krieger I used on my V22 action, as well as another Krieger I did for the 40XB. I have problems getting any of the three rifles I'm currently shooting (converted 40X & XB w/Benchmark & Lilja bbls, V22 w/Krieger) to shoot consistently enough to hit the last little dot on a KYL paper target at 50yds. This target is like any other KYL target, with rings that get smaller as you proceed through them, until that last one, which is a black dot that's only slightly larger than the dia. of a 22 bullet (.227"). What bothers me is that I've got four larger rings to shoot before that 5th shot, so you'd think you'd be able to nail down your POI based on where in the larger rings your first four shots are hitting to be able to make a very good guess on where to hold in order to hit the little .227" last shot.

I've had really decent results with SK Rifle Match & Pistol Match when it comes to shooting 5 & 10 shot groups at 50yds, and some lots of Center-X will do as well, plus doing at least as well & sometimes better than the SK ammo out at 200yds. Generally, I see best accuracy after wiping bores with a couple of patchs with Ed's Red solvent, especially the Lilja tite bore bbl. And I should add that I shoot a lot more with my SWR Spectre II mounted than without it. Neither accuracy nor POI changes enough to be consistently notable with or w/o the can mounted. So given all this drivel, what do you think the chances are that trying more test lots of Eley Match EPS & Tenex, along with some Midas+ are going to result in better chances of hitting that little dot on the KYL target that's screwing with me?

Obviously, if I were capable of shooting little dots of groups like Tnshoot just posted, I'd not be asking this question of you - that's an awesome group!

Mike, I've been using a PTG Eley EPS reamer (ground 7/16) in the last couple of 22RF bbls I've done for myself. The original reamer I bought from them was labeled "Ultimate EPS", but it was replaced after it failed while cutting the 3rd bbl I did (Lilja tite bore for my converted 40XB). So the Eley EPS reamer did the Krieger I used on my V22 action, as well as another Krieger I did for the 40XB. I have problems getting any of the three rifles I'm currently shooting (converted 40X & XB w/Benchmark & Lilja bbls, V22 w/Krieger) to shoot consistently enough to hit the last little dot on a KYL paper target at 50yds. This target is like any other KYL target, with rings that get smaller as you proceed through them, until that last one, which is a black dot that's only slightly larger than the dia. of a 22 bullet (.227"). What bothers me is that I've got four larger rings to shoot before that 5th shot, so you'd think you'd be able to nail down your POI based on where in the larger rings your first four shots are hitting to be able to make a very good guess on where to hold in order to hit the little .227" last shot.

I've had really decent results with SK Rifle Match & Pistol Match when it comes to shooting 5 & 10 shot groups at 50yds, and some lots of Center-X will do as well, plus doing at least as well & sometimes better than the SK ammo out at 200yds. Generally, I see best accuracy after wiping bores with a couple of patchs with Ed's Red solvent, especially the Lilja tite bore bbl. And I should add that I shoot a lot more with my SWR Spectre II mounted than without it. Neither accuracy nor POI changes enough to be consistently notable with or w/o the can mounted. So given all this drivel, what do you think the chances are that trying more test lots of Eley Match EPS & Tenex, along with some Midas+ are going to result in better chances of hitting that little dot on the KYL target that's screwing with me?

Obviously, if I were capable of shooting little dots of groups like Tnshoot just posted, I'd not be asking this question of you - that's an awesome group!

The EPS is an incredibly well designed reamer.

I think, at this point and with your current selection of gear, the more you shoot the more your chances go up. I realize that's a safe answer, but I get so anxious when looking at an awesome four shot group that I, more often than I believe I should, drop that fifth shot just outside of where I'd really like it to be. I'm now in that place where I'm likely splitting hairs, but in the case of your .227" black dot, a hair is all it takes.

MB

Reactions: ap_silver
08860486-468D-4857-B8F8-25A6A0CE3A45.jpeg I seem to shoot several that look like this before I can get one like I posted above. As Mike said, many a group ruined by that 5th shot!

I know one thing. The more I shoot this rifle, the more I like it

Attachments

• 08860486-468D-4857-B8F8-25A6A0CE3A45.jpeg
    08860486-468D-4857-B8F8-25A6A0CE3A45.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 109
Norma match has come way down in price, Midway has it for $400 a case right now. My 452 likes it, have any of y'all tried it in the V22?

I'm interested to know why there isn't some further data with RWS? I see lots of people shooting ELEY and Lapua and not so many shooting RWS. I currently have an Annie 64 MPR and am waiting for the Vudoo LH actions to emerge as I want to do a second rimfire build.

I shoot ELEY Tenex, SK Match, Prime Bolt, RWS R50 and RWS Special Match out of the Annie. I can tell you that the RWS Special Match seems to work incredibly well compared to Tenex and R50 at both 50 and 100 yard distances and it is much cheaper than both of those. I pay slightly more than $10/50 rounds which is slightly more than Prime and more consistent.

Moreover, purchasing the RWS ammo from Anschutz USA gives you capability to purchase by lot number once you find something that works well.

I still need to try the Lapua but not in a hurry to pay that price.

I’ve tried everything and Eley Edge shoots the best through my Lilja barreled vudoo.

That's a nice group TNSHOOT and very much the same as what I've printed with Center-X, X-ACT and Eley Tenex. You make a valid point about the level of achievable accuracy with X and XX barrels. What's important to note though is the particular chambers in the X and XX barrels. More often than not, accuracy is not at the top of the requirement when a 22LR barrel is chambered.

Chambers that are significantly longer are used making it impossible for some users to see any value (on the target) in the more expensive, higher quality ammo. In fact, there are certain levels of ammo offered by Lapua and Eley that are not available unless your rifle has been through their testing to ensure the rifle is capable of shooting at a particular level of accuracy.

MB

My God, there is always another level to this insane asylum.

My God, there is always another level to this insane asylum.

Then there is the ammo that is only available to the highest level of ISSF shooters. It isn't made any different than the stuff available to the general public, just test better at the factory. There are many levels...

I had some time to do a little more shooting today as we got a two day break in the weather. 20's last weekend, 60 today, and 20's by Saturday. Gotta love East TN in the winter. By the time I could make it out this afternoon it was mid 50's with light fog and a calm wind. As I've been breaking in the V22 I've shot SK STD+, SK Rifle Match, and Center X. I've sort of been paying attention to how they each are shooting, but haven't really done any consecutive group averages to really see what they're doing when we break out the calipers. Today I shot Rifle Match, Center X, and out of curiosity, a random box of Eley Match I had left over. All groups pictured in this post are shot off bipod with rear bag.

I may not doing this correctly, but this image shows how I'm measuring groups.....outside to widest part of black - .22 = group size.
caliper.jpg

Most of what I thought was confirmed when I put calipers to groups. Rifle Match had been shooting very well for me, and that was confirmed today...I either have a really good lot of this stuff or a bad lot of Center X. Either way, this rifle really seems to like Rifle Match. With each different ammo I shot 10 rounds on different dots not pictured here before I started shooting these groups. Don't know if it matters or not, but I figured I should put a few down the pipe just to make sure I gave them all a fair shake in case the different bullet lubes caused any change in groups.

image_86574.jpg

So there you go. No cherry picked groups. That's 90 rounds on paper with 3 different ammos. The Rifle Match shot lights out in my particular rifle, which I couldn't be happier about since it's relatively cheap and I happen to have 3K of this lot sitting in the basement! In fact, if you take that one bad (.520) group out of the mix the remaining 5 groups average .203. Pretty strong as far as I'm concerned.

Someone earlier mentioned the lack of love for RWS. I had good results from RWS Rifle Match in an Annie 64 I had, but I don't have any left. I may order some RWS rifle match and special match just to see how they do, but to be honest I don't know if I'll do any better than what I've got right now, especially for the cost.

Here are some cherry picked best groups at 100 and 200 from a couple weeks ago with the SK rifle match.

100.jpg
100 yds

100n.jpg

Same 100 yd group pictured above

200.jpg
200 yd group

I've learned a lot about rimfire accuracy in the last few years of chasing what I thought should be easily attainable one hole groups at 50 yards. Many different rifles and many 1,000's of rounds later I've learned that there are so many variables when shooting a 22 like most of us are, that I'm currently about as close to accuracy perfection as I can reasonably hope to get considering I'm laying in the dirt shooting these groups. It cost me a lot of time and money to get here, but for the first time I can say I'm truly happy with the level of accuracy this rifle delivers. The entire experience with Vudoo, both the rifle and the people, has been nothing less than stellar.

Attachments

• caliper.jpg
    caliper.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Hey Tnshoot you sure can shoot well with consistent nice groups. How is it shooting prone with a bipod? I think I'll give it a try when they send me my Vudoo. I've been just shooting standing from my back deck using a table and a Bulls Bag rest.

I'm glad to see that the Vudoo likes SK since the price is right compared to a lot of other ammo. I have quite a bit of it since my 1710 likes it. I tried it a few times with my 1727 but the groups were terrible. I gave it one more try yesterday since the weather was OK and surprisingly, it shot pretty well which is nice since I've been just shooting R50 with it since the person at ANA did a lot test for me before sending the gun and found a really good lot. I rather use SK since it's a lot cheaper. I just got a couple bricks of SK Pistol Match since I read that some people have good luck with it and it's even cheaper than Rifle Match and even got a couple bricks of Center X to try when the snow stops. Hope the Pistol Match works out.

Sorry, above was shot with Eley Match . 5 shot group indoors at only 25 yards. Weather has been pretty bad.

Last edited:
Have had best results with cci green tag and wolf target match, both cheaper than eley.
Use both in rifle and pistol, my wife shoots weekly competitions I mostly set up her guns buy ammo and do the dishes. Lol
Whatever you get soft lead not copper wash is best 0 to 100 standard velocity is better don't pay extra for ( subs ).

I have hit plates at 200 with them but wind starts playing hell with the slow stuff.
I used to use copper so in theory I didn't have to clean as much, got over it when groops spread out.

Whatever u do don't buy winchester it all sucks, acidently grabbed a couple of boxes last week purchased during the ammo drought.
Neither of our slicked up mark 3s liked it and had averaged 3 primer strikes (fail to fire) per 10 rnd mags.
Cant say much past 100 yards don't do it often, I would have to rescope for that to be a thing.
As far as getting a can dirty, we got sparrows they disassemble so not a problem

2 days ago I was rezeroing for NRA 16.6 yd targets, the spotter (rangemaster) couldn't call some of my shots?
Some of them were so dead center it covered the center ring perfecly and couldn't see them till we pulled the target in.
No fliers no fail to fire and all stayed in the 8 ring or less, that green tag makes me look good. Lol
It will spoil you! I have a lot of 22lr stocked up I no longer wish to shoot

Cant wait till wife shoots it next week she will be in the 9 ring or less i bet.
She has shot her way to D E in small cal pistol with ? Crap like golden boy, getting her to change has been tough till she saw her new groops.

I have had the best results with Lapua Midas +

I'm going interested in CCIsv results. I have a "bunch" ;) lol. I'd be ok with 1moa to at least 100. It's kinda hard to use these as trainers when you don't know if it was you, wind, or rifle/ammo combo. I recently sold a 455 that didn't like CCIsv. That's how much I have. I don't have the time or patience to chase the perfect lot of a certain brand. That's why I'm ok with 1ish moa.

I'm ready to order on in a week or so.

I just tested CCI SV in my Vudoo and it was just under an 1" at 100y. It will be my practice ammo. Lapua Center X and Eley Tenex were under 1/2 an inch at 100. Pricey, but it shoots....

Here's what I learned:

Interesting. I think it just goes to show you that things can vary lot to lot and bbl to bbl. I tired most of the same ammo as you, but at 100y, in my Vudoo and SK rifle match was terrible. CenterX and Eley Tenex was great, 1/2 moa or under at 100.

Has anybody tried the Eley CMP ammo?

Not a fan. It shot decent but it's the only ammo that gave me hard bolt closings. Real hard. No idea why. Didn't matter if clean or dirty. No other ammo did this. I have a little left and plan to use itin my CZ but won;t be used again in the Vudoo.

Thanks! Good to know. I'll just get more SK since most have had good luck with it.