• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 ammo stock

Finally found some match ammo locally and it was $19 a box of 50 instead of usual $12. They had some decent target ammo for $12.

I've been stopping by my local Walmart Tue-Sat to check on availability of .22lr for the newly purchased, yet still waiting on delivery, of a CZ 455 Varmint Thumbhole SST Fluted rifle, and have only been successful in obtaining a 225 value package this past Saturday. This will be nothing but a door prop without necessary food. Paid just $9.97, that's $.04 cents per round. Just this past Friday, arrived at different Walmart on the way to work and was the 3rd bloke in line. Sure enough, the lady comes rolling her cart out and there were 4 1000 round boxes of M-22. My local Walmart restricts a buyer to 1 box of .22lr or 9mm per day, per buyer. Well, I was disappointed as the 1st buyer took 3 of the 4 and the 2nd in line took the last box, understandably. I've checked gun broker and there's no damn way I'll pay these gouger prices. I can only hope that others are feeling the same way as I and really hope the bastards get stuck with all that stock and are unable to get rid of it at these outrageously and ridiculous prices. Earlier in the week, I had an opportunity to buy 2 boxes of 9m, 250 rounds each. There was a person behind me in line that expressed a desire to buy 9m. I only walked out with 1 box, leaving the other to him. I could have bought it if I wanted. He sure was appreciative and thanked me for doing so. If we have an opportunity to share, as I was taught growing up back in the day, do it. I truly believe this crisis will pass, but in the meantime, we need to keep our fellow shooters in mind when buying. What comes around goes around, these folks attempting and taking advantage of panic buyers, will get their due process. I know we live in a world of capitalist society and that it's all about making a buck to take care of one's self and family, but greed is what will take this country down. There are a lot of wicked and unscrupulous people out there that have no morals or values and attempt to prey on the weak and less informed, much like taking advantage of your grandma or the sick and elderly. We need to stick together and get the word out to not play into these peoples hands. It only exacerbates the issue and won't get any better unless we do. Just ranting guys.

I was at my Mom's this past week. We are slowly but surely getting rid of things as she is getting ready to sell the house and move in with my sister and BIL. I found 1 brick of 500 rounds and 2 bulk boxes of 325 rounds. This was all ammo that my Dad had bought before he died. I gave my BIL the 500 rd brick and kept the two 325 bulk packs for myself.

I have plenty of 22 ammo, but would like to replace the approximate 3500 rounds that I have shot since last December.

Wally World used to carry bulk packs (325 rd.) federal AutoMatch at 14 otd, none in 2 mos. Im bought a few 225 rd packs of Rem golden bullets at 10. just because she was putting them on the shelf at 7am. shelves were empty. Shuck and jive has been great for gun and ammo sales. I gotta give him that!!

Was going deep in the safe , found some .22 Winchester bricks, there was no price for the entire brick but each box was marked $ 1.09. That would make the brick $10.90 . Now $ 8.00 box of 50 is what they are asking at local gun store. Also found Winchester 5.56 marked $ 4.95 box in safe. I can't tell date when I bought but seems like 10 years ago? Kind of gives me some kind of mental mark to go by. I can't pay over $2.00 round for 5.56 or $ .16 .22 I know there is cheaper but I don't trust just any ammo , sure cuts down on range time, I don't want to run out, Getting upset just thinking about it, have to go now....

I've ignored the LGS's here since markups there have been out of line IMO. I've scored one 325 box of Federal automatch for $20 at Dicks since January. They had two. When I got back to work after lunch, I told a co-worker about them, he called, but it was gone already.

So, the answer to your question is: You have to be there when they stock or soon thereafter.

Most of us work and cannot be standing in line (I wouldn't anyway) to compete with those buying for stock or resale. I know of no other magic method. There seems to be some relaxing of availability issues, at least here in CF. I do notice that some parts of the country have fewer issues than others.

Other than that, you'll just need to wait this out.

So, the answer to your question is: You have to be there when they stock or soon thereafter.

This is true!

I have only seen 22LR on the shelves one time since last December. I was at Cabelas for something else. I decided to look at the ammo status. They had several cases of CCI mini mags. They also had an employee handing out one box per customer. I was not going to stand in line for one box.

I have also seen ammo available from Cabelas, Bass Pro etc. on line. If you live close to one of them you can do a ship to store and save the shipping cost.

I agree that there is no such thing as hoarding. I think it is just a state of preparedness that everyone is at but at different levels.

If someone has more than you, are they are better prepared or a hoarder:). If they have less then you are they a dumb ass or pusses.

Deal with this situation as best as you can but take a valuable lesson away with this, read the signs and get better prepared next time. There is always a next time.

Last edited:
Just saying...

"Your essentially hurting the community (other shooters) your claiming to be proudly a part of."

You are misrepresenting my statements and/or opinions.

I did not say that I was recommending that folks go out and buy everything up, I merely pointed out that it is a prospective of someone else whether or not you are considered a hoarder or a merely having an adequate supply.

If I shoot 40,000 rounds a year competitively then having at least that many primers and supplies is not hoarding (it's being prepared for the peaks and valleys), if I shot 10 rounds a year then yea maybe.

My whole point was to learn to look forward and try to determine your needs and if money is an issue group together and buy what you can in the periods when it is ready available. Having stock is not hoarding, buying everything to resell to make extra money is hoarding in my humble opinion.

As far as me hurting the community, that was un-called for. I have been fairly well respected in the industry for a while now and feel that I do more than my fair share to help it and others.

Bruno shooters supply ended up getting my money. They had 4 500 round boxes of federal target 22. I'm down to my last 325rd box of 22 and haven't seen any on the shelves in 3-4 months (heard about some but never seen it).
I've seen gun show prices at 25 cents a round, and even if you can find some at 4 cents a round its for a 50 round box with a 2-3 box limit.
So i 'bit the bullet' and bought 1k from Bruno at 9.5 cents per round. Yeah, i over paid, but at least i didn't hoard.
My fiancé works at Walmart. Its the same people every morning waiting at the gun counter to snatch everything up. Its assholes like that that are causing our trouble.

Stop buying shit for stupid prices and wondering why its so expensive.

I have yet to pay a penny more than pre-panic prices and am stocked up. Fuck everyone and their mark ups.

STOP buying expensive ammo. Eventually, dildos like cheaper than dirt will be sitting on a metric ton of overpriced shit they cannot move. The irony itself will keep me warm at night, but this can only happen when people pay attention.

I haven't read this entire thread so it may have been mentioned but why are people still buying soooo much 22LR? Why are people paying such high prices? Are the manufacturers producing much 22LR? I would think that ammo producers could make millions of rounds of 22LR every day. I just want to go to the range and shoot my CZ but I can't because 1 or all of the questions are occurring. I bet people will get extra hoarding crazy once they see the World War Z movie and can't resist the thought of a zombie apocalypse in the near future.