• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Cal Build - What Flavour?

Update, I completed the build and finally got it to the range today (been busy with IPSC / F Class etc).

REALLY liking this build. The KRG Bravo just works (has to be one of the best chassis for the price point?) and it fits me really good, I also love the enclosed forend. I was worried the Terminus Zeus bolt throw would feel heavy after the 90 degree Impact I run on my other main competition rifle (it is really light / smooth) but it doesn't at all. The Zeus is probably a little heavier on open but it almost closes itself. Feeding was flawless all day (100 rounds)

I just picked up some Leica Geovid Pros and this was the first time I used them in anger. I plugged in my data and used them to get DOPE at various ranges (200 / 300 / 440 / 550). Worked great - first round hits on small swingers at all ranges.

I ran the 75 BTHPs up to just over 2900 (24 grains of 8208) and was not seeing any signs of pressure. Will play around some more next time out (have heard that many people have had good luck with between 23.4 & 24 grains of 8208 with 75s) but the loads from today worked pretty good with minimal effort (0.5 MOA).

Only downside was that my ZCO developed a weird issue throughout the day, a blurry blemish appeared in the glass. The blemish moved when I adjusted the Ocular but did not move when moving the zoom. I will reach out to ZCO to get the ball rolling.

ZCO 1.jpeg

ZCO 2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: reubenski
223ai is one of my favorite setups. I tend to run what amounts to max 223 loads but the ai does so at a little less pressure. Fire forming loads shoot just as well as formed just a touch slower. I have noticed zero difference in feeding between the two options with the accurate brand mags I've ran.
Sorry to bump an older thread.

With regards to FF loads, how do they/did they differ from your final loads?

Did you run max loads in the straight 223 brass and then run the same powder charge in the AI cases?
Or did you bump up the power charge?

I'm guessing the same powder charge in the AI brass as the standard brass doesn't magically bump the velocity up.

Sorry to bump an older thread.

With regards to FF loads, how do they/did they differ from your final loads?

Did you run max loads in the straight 223 brass and then run the same powder charge in the AI cases?
Or did you bump up the power charge?

I'm guessing the same powder charge in the AI brass as the standard brass doesn't magically bump the velocity up.
I pick a run of the mill upper range load of a powder I have on hand. They run slower than advertised but typically shoot fantastic accuracy wise. My personal rule of thumb after is to neck size one more firing before setting my die up to full length and bumping so I know I’m getting a correct minimal bump. I tend to load at max 223 speeds or within the area on my ai loads as it gives me reliable operation in all conditions.

Reactions: beetroot
I went down the creedmoor route and still enjoy it. I started from the ground up. Defiance Anti action (a must). MDT hnt-26 folding chassis. Larue psr20 QD scope mount (another must). I have a Bertling lite varmit 8t 6mm cm and Krieger heavy 8t 22 cm. I'm having a .224 Krieger LV 10t built and going with 22br. I shoot 50-60g vmax at PDs usually 50-300yds. I don't need all that powder down the tube for that and velocities similar. Thing I love about my build is I can spin on a different barrel anywhere, including on tailgate of my pickup at the range in 15 minutes. I use the same action, trigger, chassis, and scope for multiple rifles. The 22cm shines with 70-80g eld, vlt, smks. I'm anxiously awaiting some 62g eld VT

I built a 223 Rem. off of a Rem. Model Seven action, a 25-inch Bartlein M24 contour barrel, a McMillan stock.
I had the barrel throat set up so I can seat the Hornady 88gr ELDm bullets with the base flush with the base of the case shoulder.
Haven't really shot it yet, waiting on the scope to show up. Built the rifle a couple years ago then got sidetracked on other things and kind of forgot about it, lol. Recently renewed my interest so ordered a scope and started prepping brass. It should shoot some bugholes and do well at distance.

223ai chambered for 88 gr pills on a stainless Rem700 action with a 22” Krieger heavy barrel in a Mc3 stock. 1st rd impacts at 725 and 900 yds
IMG_4620.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt_3479