• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5guys2

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Tn
Hey guys and gals im bout to get my 22 creed barrel and I’m gonna b running alpha brass and the rcbs match master does so I can run bushings wat size bushing is everyone running and I’m also gonna b using a mandrel die Aswell so wat mandrel also thanks in advance

I won’t tell you how much interference fit to use I will say that my 22 alpha cases had a loaded neck diameter of .253

I just received a 100 round box of 22CM Alpha brass. The factory Alpha brass is measuring on average .251. Loaded, it is also on average of .253. I worked up some loads earlier this week with Berger 80gr VLD bullets, but have not gotten out to the range yet.
Before receiving my Alpha brass, I was necking down 6mmCM Lapua brass. With it loaded it is measuring on average .2545. Showing that it is thicker brass. I'm using my Redding 6.5CM Competition Bushing Neck Sizing Die and stepping the neck down in 2 steps to get down to 22CM. Final bushing size I have is .253. Looks like I need to order a .251 bushing for the thinner walled Alpha brass. The Lapua brass with Berger 85.5 long range hybrid target bullets (not VLD as written in picture below) and 39.2 gr of H4350 with CCI 450 magnum SRP got me the best results with an average velocity of 3137 fpm. SD=4 ES=8.
20220905_161950.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6.5guys2
I tried Alpha 25 Creed brass a couple of days ago and its a bit strange a .281 bushing did not reduce the neck
at all so I am waiting for a .280 bushing. Most are using a .282 for 25 creed. Another odd thing was that I could push a .257 bullet 1/8" into the case neck of untouched brass.

Reactions: 6.5guys2
I tried Alpha 25 Creed brass a couple of days ago and its a bit strange a .281 bushing did not reduce the neck
at all so I am waiting for a .280 bushing. Most are using a .282 for 25 creed. Another odd thing was that I could push a .257 bullet 1/8" into the case neck of untouched brass.
What die and bullet are you using? Thanks

Last edited: