• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22 Creedmoor Semi-Auto

Scottmilk9

Custom AR builder
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2004
Arizona
www.sdrifles.com
Moore-man and I have been working on this semi-auto for a couple of months, his bolt gun shoots so good i thought I'd give it a try in a semi-auto. Many reasons, but the two biggest ones are I make AR's mainly for predator hunting and long range shooting, I thought this would give us a good option similar to the 22-250, which everyone seems to want. Also shooting some F-class, long range matches, I like the idea of shooting a 77-80-90 grain bullet with some good speed. So Mikey spun up this stainless 1-8 twist barrel and with the help of George at GA Precision(with gas port sizes) we were off for testing.
Here are some pics of yesterdays range sessioin, my brother tim3gun brought his magno, high speed chronograph out to test some loads and had a great session.
Its still gonna take a bit more testing to get it where i want, but the original testing yielded good results.
Enjoy the pics.
77gr SMK's:
My extra parts AR10:
Our range, just south of Phoenix:
First groups:

What powder do you run in that beast, and what kind of velocity do you get with the heavier pills? Very cool.

I used H4350 yesterday, but i think i need to go to a faster burning powder. Gonna try IMR 8208 this weekend. With 77gr bullets i got right around 3300fps yesterday, but we get 3400fps with a 80gr bullet out of a bolt gun.

no feeding issues, will be taking steps to lighten it up some, i have a mid-weight barrel on their now. .825 barrel to the gas block, then .936. might flute it under handguards as well.