• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Creedmoor shooters - any regrets?

I’m planning on building an 18” barreled 22 CM for coyotes. Currently running 73 Eld-m out of my 22” 223 Remington at 2850fps and it drops them really well. But my load is crushing Varget badly, where seating depth is super inconsistent due to the way the powder falls into each separate case.

I’m looking forward to just setting the seating die depth and forgetting it like I can with my 6.5 creedmoor. Checking CBTO/seating again every single bullet with my 223 load is not only annoying, but also very time consuming.

I’m planning to run the 73 Eld-m somewhere in the 3000-3200fps range out of the 18” 22cm, more room for error on judging the distance of the coyotes that are hesitant to come all the way to the call.

Reactions: stello1001
I have a Savage 6.5 CM that I'm going to rebarrel with a 22 CM. I have enough 75 grain A max bullets to wear out the barrel just can't decide on a barrel length. 22, 20, or 18 inch length. I was wondering what kind of velocity drop I can expect between barrel lengths I was guessing about 40 fps per inch. Does that seem right?
Was thinking that reasonable velocities would be about
3330 in a 22"
3250 in a 20"
3160 in an 18"
Any one have real world numbers for velocities?
Thanks

So tempted to Spin yo a barrel for my Form1 Bolt Gun. Anyone have any clue as to which projo and powder would yield the best velocity from 11” of barrel? Twist?

Thinking lighter Bullet, medium twist, and Varget or H4350...

Reactions: Jgunner
I have a Savage 6.5 CM that I'm going to rebarrel with a 22 CM. I have enough 75 grain A max bullets to wear out the barrel just can't decide on a barrel length. 22, 20, or 18 inch length. I was wondering what kind of velocity drop I can expect between barrel lengths I was guessing about 40 fps per inch. Does that seem right?
Was thinking that reasonable velocities would be about
3330 in a 22"
3250 in a 20"
3160 in an 18"
Any one have real world numbers for velocities?
Thanks

It’s about 50fps per 2” of barrel

I built .222RM caliber recently as an experiment and I’m getting 2950 with 80gr ELD’s. It’s an awesome little gun, .25MOA.
The 22 Terminator makes no sense to me. They call it a 22-204 ruger. Well the 204 is just a necked down 222 Remington magnum. Lol

Reactions: Geist Jager