• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

AA3AB0D5-BA15-43C9-B48A-2917BC5935DD.jpeg

22 Creedmoor
This is Alpha brass. LRP. BR2 not BR4.
80gr Berger
39.6gr H4350

i built a new 22 cred and am doing well with my main 77 Gr sierra tmk load and 39 gr of H4350, but am wanting to build one for a 65 grain sierra gameking SBT.…

Does anyone have any ideas on a starting load? I have h4350, superformance and several other powder Options. Thanks

i built a new 22 cred and am doing well with my main 77 Gr sierra tmk load and 39 gr of H4350, but am wanting to build one for a 65 grain sierra gameking SBT.…

Does anyone have any ideas on a starting load? I have h4350, superformance and several other powder Options. Thanks
Your 39gr H4350 load is pretty light. I'd start at 40 with the 65 maybe even 41gr.

Not following the format but for the post but I am looking for some advice.

I have everything to assemble my 22 Creed but haven’t had my blank chambered. Any recommendations for a gunsmith? 6.5 twist bartlein, I plan to shoot 70-90gr bullets in a shorter barrel length (18”-20”) any advice would be much appreciated. I know I may have to use solids with that fast twist but thought I’d give it a go.

Not following the format but for the post but I am looking for some advice.

I have everything to assemble my 22 Creed but haven’t had my blank chambered. Any recommendations for a gunsmith? 6.5 twist bartlein, I plan to shoot 70-90gr bullets in a shorter barrel length (18”-20”) any advice would be much appreciated. I know I may have to use solids with that fast twist but thought I’d give it a go.
@Zack G , how about you remove the negative feedback you left for me for laughing at your being a cheapskate? It may be news to you, but feedback is for when something is bought, sold, or traded. It‘s not for when your feelings get hurt from a laughing emoji 🤣 Perhaps you should understand simple things like that before trying your hand at reloading! https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/the-chode-american-precision-arms.7159477/

@Zack G , how about you remove the negative feedback you left for me for laughing at your being a cheapskate? It may be news to you, but feedback is for when something is bought, sold, or traded. It‘s not for when your feelings get hurt from a laughing emoji 🤣 Perhaps you should understand simple things like that before trying your hand at reloading! https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/the-chode-american-precision-arms.7159477/
Maybe @Zack G can go remove it, or maybe the 47 members that have done favorable businesss with @ohiofarmer (myself included) can leave @Zack G negative feedback for suffering from
C ant
U nderstand
N ormal
T hinking

@ohiofarmer @Clownbuster Perhaps you should read the forum rules as it pertains to: “Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments” before making ridiculous posts and wasting everyone’s time and energy.

• Haha
Reactions: ohiofarmer
How about you all take your petty bullshit somewhere else?

I'll try to get this back on track...
I have 75 ELDMs and a 20 inch barrel coming. Alpha brass.
I have RL26, H1000, H4350, Varget, and Superformance as candidates.
I'd like to use RL26 or H1000, but am thinking I may need a heavier bullet and / or longer barrel to maximize their potential.
Thoughts? Should I just skip right to H4350 since I know that will work?

I'd like to use RL26 or H1000, but am thinking I may need a heavier bullet and / or longer barrel to maximize their potential.
I would break the barrel in with H4350 since it is a known performer then dabble with the other powders after getting some 85.5 bergers to try.

H4350 has worked well for me using 85.5 grain bullets, 15" XP-100 runs a little over 3000 fps, 24" Rem 700 is running them at 3320 fps.
I'm using the same load for both guns and they shoot great. ( both was built by the same smith, same reamer) I tried RL26 and it worked great in the rifle but the short barreled XP hated it, I'd rather have one load that works well in both so I don't have to worry about getting ammo crossed up.

N160 …yes one of the first powders I tried in 22 Creedmoor. Worked fine but then Alliant rolled out Reloder 26 and I ran with that thru my first barrel.

I’m right at 5 months wait time for my barrel. Received the email that it’s done and I submitted my final payment. Followed up 3 days later to inquire on when it would ship and was simply told “this week or next”. 1-2 weeks to ship out the finished barrel seems a little ridiculous but what do I know.

Reactions: Trapper1956
Finally got some time to play with mine, 110 on it now. It’s a Lone Peak (nearest in the red manners CS-2) with a 25.5” 7.37tw med Palma Bart modbb (that was on the tight side) chambered with a custom reamer for 85.5s.
IMG_3612.jpeg

Some of the brass is kinda whack so it’s hard to tell pressure:
IMG_4622.jpeg

IMG_4623.jpeg

But anyways, it’s hitting what I was looking for (3200-3250fps), so all good I guess. Alpha SRP Brass, RL26, 85.5s at about 45k jump (~2.700 COAL). I expect it to speed up a bit more, but I’ll simply drop charge to stay within the 3200-3250 range.
IMG_4628.jpeg

Need to get a NV bridge and rails added to the CS-2 for laser and clip on, since it’ll be the Texas snack deer and critter rifle. Still need to get another scope for it as well, another 420ZCO or maybe a 3.6-18 MK5.

Last edited:

I have a 20" 8 twist shooting 75 eldms around 3100 into a ragged hole. Was 1/2 moa @1000 with Virgin SRP Alpha brass and RL16..... haven't had a chance to shoot any of the 1F brass yet.

Reactions: SupressYourself
I have a 20" 8 twist shooting 75 eldms around 3100 into a ragged hole. Was 1/2 moa @1000 with Virgin SRP Alpha brass and RL16..... haven't had a chance to shoot any of the 1F brass yet.
That seems like a pretty conservative load as far as MV goes right?

I run the exact load in an 18", 40gr H4350 with 75s. It's mild in my rifle. By the time I had all. 200x pcs fireformed it was up to 3150 but still easy half moa. 7tw 219 bore osprey barrel chambered by my smith.

If I’m wanting 3450-3500 with a 75 ELD-M would a 22”with H4350 do it relatively easy enough without being on the ragged edge of pressure? This would be a winter coyote gun mostly

If I’m wanting 3450-3500 with a 75 ELD-M would a 22”with H4350 do it relatively easy enough without being on the ragged edge of pressure? This would be a winter coyote gun mostly
Ehh that's up there in psi. I ran 77tmk sierra at 3350 with N555 in warm weather and at 3450 in cool temps from a 22" 8tw. It shot well at both velocities. The 75eldm will be lower psi than tmk due to quite a bit less bearing surface. Thats still the top node. I was running lapua brass in that chamber, which holds more powder than alpha. I tried Rl23 and it'd run at 3400 but the charge was heavily compressed causing high SD. H4350 pressured out early for me, at around 3340. Rl16 may get you there.

Reactions: Sogan
Mine runs the 80.5 grain Berger at 3475 with 26 in barrel. H4350. One of my favorite rifles and it’s the wires. Barrels about toast but man I can’t wait to spin another one up.

• Wow
Reactions: Taylorbok
Short answer is no. You could do it with 26 inch barrel and Reloder 26 at 65k+ PSI

Mine runs the 80.5 grain Berger at 3475 with 26 in barrel. H4350. One of my favorite rifles and it’s the wires. Barrels about toast but man I can’t wait to spin another one up.
They are a good time! The short life has pushed me to the 22gt. They come up 200fps short, but 2x the barrel life. I still have a 22cm tho, always will. It just sees hunting duty, not much steel target time.

They are a good time! The short life has pushed me to the 22gt. They come up 200fps short, but 2x the barrel life. I still have a 22cm tho, always will. It just sees hunting duty, not much steel target time.
I wish we could hunt with them. Hers sees more steel than anything keep a couple barrels around but man are they fun. I’ve looked at the gt just haven’t talked my self yet. Can’t wait to build my self one. The nephews is in the works now that will be his first rifle. Because I think everyone should own at least 1 22 creed. It will be hard on coyotes.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
I've been contemplating a 22 Creedmoor for a couple years.... still haven't had a barrel spun up. Has anyone worn out a ModBB barrel in a 22 creedmoor, and what was your approximate round count.

Entirely possible but from that point was it adapted ,standardized, ammunition manufactured. If so I guess I missed it.

So I sold my 22 creed a few years ago and decided I needed one again, so sent barrel and action and parts to my smith to spin it up. 7 twist Brux barrel #4 contour so will be lighter hunting/varmint rifle. Going 18" with Ultra 7 CB.

Planning on shooting the 88 ELDM as primary bullet, with the 77 TMK and 75 ELDM for options. Alpha OCD LRP brass. Smith said go with a .259" neck to handle thicker brass.

What freebore is recommended?

So I sold my 22 creed a few years ago and decided I needed one again, so sent barrel and action and parts to my smith to spin it up. 7 twist Brux barrel #4 contour so will be lighter hunting/varmint rifle. Going 18" with Ultra 7 CB.

Planning on shooting the 88 ELDM as primary bullet, with the 77 TMK and 75 ELDM for options. Alpha OCD LRP brass. Smith said go with a .259" neck to handle thicker brass.

.100 pva prefit put 88s boat tail/ bearing surface right at the neck shoulder junction jammed… on a fresh barrel.

My smith cuts a 260nk chamber, his standard freebore for 75-85gr bullets is 0.100, but I punched it out a other 30k when I received it. It's an 18" 7tw 3b, run a ultra 7 on it. 77/75 shoot well around 3150, 85-90gr bullets at 3050, these are mild loads.

So, my tikka got a new xcaliber barrel. 1/8 twist, 18", putting berger 90's though it, played with seating depths some, couple powders like rl26 and 4831sc. Virgin srp peterson brass, cci magnums.

So this group, not too bad for 6 shots at 100 yards. Somewhere in the teens shot wise so basically brand new.

So about this group, 3/10th charge difference on the bottom 4 of this group(rl 26). The top 2 are a defferent powder(4831sc) and a third charge weight.
About 3,000 with 4831sc and 3100 with rl26 with no pressure on small primer but did get plunger marks ever so lightly.

This was not a fluke, as with ladder testing 3 different loads before this, 5 rounds each are all within a 5/8" ragged hole and i wasnt really trying.

Attachments

• 20230820_155236.jpg
    20230820_155236.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 39
Here is the second group of ladder testing, all rl26, i dont recall the powder charges exactly but 43-44gr and i believe ended up at 3100 with 43.6 in virgin srp brass. These were shots 4 through mid teens with some mirage off the can. 80° out and very high humidity with rain all around.

Attachments

• 20230820_154216.jpg
    20230820_154216.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 29
Damn, is 22C similar to 6.5x47L or some of the BR/BRA cartridges in that it's just really easy to find a good load?

Finally had time to start playing with my 22 Creed a few weeks ago. You guys probably already know, but Texas Ammunition loads the 80 gr ELDM in Peterson brass. I bought 100 rounds when it was on sale during Black Friday and used a box for the first 20 rounds down my barrel. Avg of 3184 FPS from my 22” barrel. My Bartlein seemed to like it, especially once the barrel fouled up a bit. Here’s the progress of four 5 shot groups at 100 yards (first 20 shots ever out of the barrel).

IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3613.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg

Zermatt TL3
Bartlein 1:7.5 medium palma at 22”
TT Diamond
Manners PRS2 w/mini chassis
NF NX8 2.5-20x MOAR
Gunwerks 8ight can

IMG_1717.jpeg

Shooting well with the 88 gr ELDM going 3031 FPS. I definitely have room to go with this load, but didn’t have time keep messing with it. 40.7 gr RL-23, alpha brass, CCI 450, 88 ELDM .020” off lands. Ended up taking a doe antelope with this at 430 yards a week ago.

IMG_3618.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS
Picked this up from another member here. 20” straight taper proof carbon 8tw 22cm spun up by SPR. Need to go pick up my Magnus SR from TBAC on Thursday. Looks like I can expect some good speeds from this thing paired with 80gr eldm’s. Will make for an excellent coyote rifle!

IMG_2250.jpeg