• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

Picked this up from another member here. 20” straight taper proof carbon 8tw 22cm spun up by SPR. Need to go pick up my Magnus SR from TBAC on Thursday. Looks like I can expect some good speeds from this thing paired with 80gr eldm’s. Will make for an excellent coyote rifle!

View attachment 8228511
Any idea on the manufacturer of the cheek pad?

Is one version.

Reactions: cmk81
I purchased this Tikka 22 Creedmoor from Landboy on 24hourcampfire.com. Discovered in the process it was the 223 I'd sold him a while back, and he'd rechambered it.

Took it out yesterday with Alpha brass, WLRP, Superperformance and Hornady 75 BTHPs jammed 0.01" into the lands. Scope is a 6x MQ.

Never did find pressure, at least as measured by primer cratering. I'm liking the 41 grain load.

Might ladder up to the book max of 43+ just to see.

All at 100 yards, all three shot groups.

235699.jpg

235700.jpg

235701.jpg

235702.jpg

235703.jpg

Reactions: Trapper1956
Carbon Six 22CM Tikka T3 prefit, 22"
Alpha 6.5CM SRP brass, necked down and turned. CCI 450's

88 ELDM 2.660 COAL (.015" jump)
StaBall HD 43.5gr 2800fps/ 46gr 2956fps (compressed)
H4831SC 41.5gr 2846/ 44.5gr 3007(compressed)
6.5 StaBall 41.5gr 3217/ 42.5gr 3225/ 43.5gr 3267

75gr ELDM 2.650 COAL (.040" jump)
H4831SC - 43.5gr 3107fps/ 45gr 3202fps

* these velocities are all based on one shot saterlee style ladders

Last edited:
44gr H4831SC, 88ELDM @ 2.700 COAL, should be about 3130fps
1000005313.png

75gr ELDM @ 2.655 COAL, H4831SC
L-R: 44.7gr, 45gr, 45.3gr should be about 3200fps
1000005314.png

Reactions: BenW and Jgunner
Wanting to shoot 22 Creedmoor in regional PRS matches next year and save my 6.5 with the heavies for two day matches. Anyone tried 90 SMK’s with H4350? Should I pick up 4831SC for the 90’s and 95’s if they ever become available again? Obviously Reloader 26 is fairy dust like H4895.

3200is speed limit at most matches I believe. I'd run H1000 and run it at 3100fps or so to not smoke your throat. 22cm is a great cartridge, but it's very overbore and freebore grows quickly!

Reactions: Taylorbok
Wanting to shoot 22 Creedmoor in regional PRS matches next year and save my 6.5 with the heavies for two day matches. Anyone tried 90 SMK’s with H4350? Should I pick up 4831SC for the 90’s and 95’s if they ever become available again? Obviously Reloader 26 is fairy dust like H4895.
I've had good luck with N565, H4831 and RL23 with 90 grain SMK's. It's a good shooting cartridge.

H4831SC work very well with the heavies

Having a new 22 creed barrel spun up. Going 28 inches long shooting 88 grain eldm’s has anyone had issues with them blowing up? May also try to have the wife draw a deer tag and let her rock one with it. Also I’m anticipating That bullet running 3300-3350 out of a 28 inch tube.

If you read the thread, you will probably come to this conclusion:

1. Yes

2. 3350 is probably too fast. Both from a generalized top-end load and chamber pressure perspective but also that is over 300K RPMs even in an 1:8".

3. There are some antidotal guesses in the thread that longer barrels can contribute to blowing up bullets if all the other conditions required to blow up bullets already exist.

But don't feel like you have to take my word for it. Read the thread for yourself.

If you read the thread, you will probably come to this conclusion:

1. Yes

2. 3350 is probably too fast. Both from a generalized top-end load and chamber pressure perspective but also that is over 300K RPMs even in an 1:8".

3. There are some antidotal guesses in the thread that longer barrels can contribute to blowing up bullets if all the other conditions required to blow up bullets already exist.

But don't feel like you have to take my word for it. Read the thread for yourself.
We can still cut the barrel down I just dropped it off. I’ll start over on the thread I have read it all but that was a few months ago when I added data from the old 22 creed we had with 80.5 grain Berger’s at 3450.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I don't think that's a good idea unless its for like 1 match. To hard on barrels

Just recently completed load development on my 22CM.. It seems to love Berger 85.5gr LRHT bullets. I tried the Hornady 88gr ELDM but after going through 100 of them, i couldn't get a group better than .700 MOA out of my Mack Brothers LRI Custom Build. However, from the first group of the Bergers, this rifle produced multiple groups at .500 MOA doing my speed test and then yesterday when I did seating depth testing almost every group out of 10 were either at .5 MOA down to a couple in the .3-.350 MOA range.

I'm definitely very happy with the results thusfar, but a disappointed in the Hornady 88gr ELDMs, because I was really looking forward to running those, mainly due to the price difference. That being said, I'm not going the chew through barrel life trying to get these to work when I have something that shoots great from the beginning.

Now, I'm looking forward to taking this out to 1K yards and beyond this next week!

Reactions: Kjb1796
H4350-42g
BSD-1.960
Bullet-60g Berger FBV
Brass-Alpha SRP
BR4 Primer
16” 1-8t X-Caliber
3360fps

Thinking about trying some Hammer 68g HHT’s.

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    897.5 KB · Views: 103
Sweet rig. Tell us about it
Thanks, mainly a night rig to run on our truck high rack with arca ball heads. Why I’m running the manners TCS-PRS chassis for adjustability.

Kelbys Atlas Tactical action
Manners TCS-PRS chassis
Trigger tech diamond
16” X-Caliber 1-8t bull contour
Bobro compact QD mount
Leupold mk5 3.6-18 for day and Halo XRF for night
SRT Arms .224 Vapr can

Reactions: JR1200W3
Thanks, mainly a night rig to run on our truck high rack with arca ball heads. Why I’m running the manners TCS-PRS chassis for adjustability.

Kelbys Atlas Tactical action
Manners TCS-PRS chassis
Trigger tech diamond
16” X-Caliber 1-8t bull contour
Bobro compact QD mount
Leupold mk5 3.6-18 for day and Halo XRF for night
SRT Arms .224 Vapr can
It looks mean with that stubby little 16-in barrel

Yeah it does. It’s a fun little setup.
Anyone running the Berger 80.5 FB with 43 grains of H4360 is that to hot ? I’m running a bolt action Krieger barrel 1/8 twist lapua brass I know every Barrel is different but where you guys finding your seeet spot ? I’m just got my gun from gunsmith so just started to do load development.

Anyone running the Berger 80.5 FB with 43 grains of H4360 is that to hot ? I’m running a bolt action Krieger barrel 1/8 twist lapua brass I know every Barrel is different but where you guys finding your seeet spot ? I’m just got my gun from gunsmith so just started to do load development.
I reached pressure with 42.5gr of H4350 with a 75.

I always run things through QuickLOAD and GRT… then step down from max in .2gr increments in 10 steps. Usually, I always find a good speed (low ES & SD) and no signs of pressure load.

From there I do seating depth testing the same way, I start at .015 off the lands and then move back in .003 increments. Same story as speed testing, the target will show a wave pattern and thats where I find the seating depth window. From there adjust forward .003 when the accuracy drops off from barrel erosion.

Total transparency, I used to over complicate things and also teetered on the edge of danger. Best advice I can give anyone is read, watch videos and learn. When you practice what you learned, proceed with extreme caution until you build knowledge of your own rifle and with that comes confidence. Measure Measure Measure and always write things down. This can be a very rewarding fun hobby but can also be your worst nightmare if you don’t humble yourself and pay close attention what you’re doing and end result thereof… Happy Shooting Everyone!

Btw.. Here’s my final seating depth test on the Berger 85.5gr LRHT #22785. These things seem to perform great in my rifle. These were shot off a Harris Bipod with Hawk Hill spike feet and an Armageddon Schmedium rear bag and some patience.. LoL

Rifle Data…
Mack Brothers SS EVO Action
K&P 1:7 RH Twist 6 Groove chambered by LRI
Manners PRS1 T Stock
Timney HIT Trigger
Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 in PMR Rings

My Load is..
40.20grs of H4350 in Peterson SRP Brass with CCI #41 primers seated .009” deep, neck turned to 0.0135”, annealed on an AMP and trimmed to 1.915” on a Henderson Trimmer.

RenderedImage.jpeg

Last edited:
I always rj. Things through QuickLOAD and GRT… then step down from max in .2gr increments in 10 steps. Usually, I always find a good speed (low ES & SD) and no signs of pressure load.

From there I do seating depth testing the same way, I start at .015 off the lands and then move back in .003 increments. Same story as speed testing, the target will show a wave pattern and thats where I find the seating depth window. From there adjust forward .003 when the accuracy drops off from barrel erosion.

Total transparency, I used to over complicate things and also teetered on the edge of danger. Best advice I can give anyone is read, watch videos and learn. When you practice what you learned, proceed with extreme caution until you build knowledge of your own rifle and with that comes confidence. This can be a very rewarding fun hobby but can also be your worst nightmare if you don’t humble yourself and pay close attention what you’re doing and end result thereof… Happy Shooting Everyone!

Btw.. Here’s my final seating depth test on the Berger 85.5gr LRHT #22785. These things seem to perform great in my rifle. These were shot off a Harris Bipod with Hawk Hill spike feet and an Armageddon Schmedium rear bag and some patience.. LoL

Mack Brothers SS EVO Action
K&P 1:7 RH Twist 6 Groove chambered by LRI
Manners PRS1 T Stock
Timney HIT Trigger
Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 in PMR Rings

My Load is.. 40.20grs of H4350 in Peterson SRP Brass neck turned to 0.0135” and CCI #41 Primers.

View attachment 8270301
Looks good 👍

Reactions: Flea21
Good advice above! The original load I ran back in 2014 with Reloder 26 was where Peterson got the info to use that particular powder in their tests.
My load was 72,000 PSI so needless to say I backed off even though I had had no issues up to that point…. Well except the burnt out barrel after 900ish rounds😎

Reactions: Flea21
Ouch! Yea, that’s why you don’t take someone else’s load data. There’s a lot more going on than just the data. Every rifle is unique like a fingerprint.

As far as barrel life goes.. jeesh! I’m not gonna think about it, I’m just gonna shoot it till I can’t anymore and then bite the bullet on the cost to rinse and repeat with a new barrel.. LoL

I figure, the same thing as reloading though, make my own barrel life data than read someone else’s even though I know this one has a reputation for burning out quickly. But like anything, it’s all in how you treat it.. My motto is, Use, don’t abuse!

I knew going in it was going to be a “barrel burner” but trying to figure out what powder combo gave optimum results took a little while. After that I didn’t use that barrel to play anymore just kill stuff so I definitely got a lot of fun out of it.
IMG_0020.jpegIMG_3228.jpeg

Reactions: DIBBS
I knew going in it was going to be a “barrel burner” but trying to figure out what powder combo gave optimum results took a little while. After that I didn’t use that barrel to play anymore just kill stuff so I definitely got a lot of fun out of it.
View attachment 8270319View attachment 8270322
Looks like you killed a lot of coyotes congrats on that are you calling them in ???

Yes most all I have shot are called.
All that seems to be changing as Thermals have come on the scene and now even all the calling contests have started to allow them.
Fact is they shouldn’t even be called calling contests just shooting contests nowadays. I am what most here refer to as a Fudd which is fine.
All the contests will eventually been banned (most western states already have) which is ok too I guess as I would just do it because it’s what I do.
But I digress.😎

Reactions: psinclair
Yes most all I have shot are called.
All that seems to be changing as Thermals have come on the scene and now even all the calling contests have started to allow them.
Fact is they shouldn’t even be called calling contests just shooting contests nowadays. I am what most here refer to as a Fudd which is fine.
All the contests will eventually been banned (most western states already have) which is ok too I guess as I would just do it because it’s what I do.
But I digress.😎
I have a fox pro call it’s old but still works what’s your favorite call rabbit??

Man, I'm really digging the 22 CM. Had short range trip the other day to finish shooting a few charges of H4350 and the 95 SMK. Best groups came from 35.3 gr for just a tad over 2800 out of my 22" barrel. Will be testing out higher charges in the next few weeks.

4 shot group at 100.
IMG_4054.jpeg

Man, I'm really digging the 22 CM. Had short range trip the other day to finish shooting a few charges of H4350 and the 95 SMK. Best groups came from 35.3 gr for just a tad over 2800 out of my 22" barrel. Will be testing out higher charges in the next few weeks.

4 shot group at 100.
View attachment 8276017
A buddy of mine said he shot 37gr of H4350 with the 95smk with great success.

Reactions: waspocrew

4 shot group at 100.
View attachment 8276017
I’m at 35.5 of 4350 with 95 smk’s
At around 2850 out of an 18” barrel 1.6:5 twist

Reactions: waspocrew
Been tinkering with the Tikka T3 I bought back on 24hourcampfire a few months back.

Rechambered 223 1-8" twist fluted I sold to him in 2019, came back home for experimentation.

Anyway, trying 88 ELDMs today, into the lands. Scope was a 6X MQ, 'cause I had one looking for a rifle to sit on. I think the Athlon 4-16 might live here in the future.

Powder is Superperformance, Alpha once-fired brass (LRP), Winchester LRPs because that's what the Hodgdon manual recommended, and I a have enough to play with.

Calm day, 100 yards, very light wind. I think I'll switch scopes and see what's up around 39 grains.

REALLY fun to shoot. Took all of the extra rounds (loaded five per) out to 2MOA steel targets at 450. The 38.5 and 39 were spot on.

239528.jpg

Brand new Wilson 1:8 twist 22"

39 grains of Varget and 69 TMK's did 3,530 FPS with Alpha SRP brass. No pressure signs yet but sometimes those show up more after a few loading cycles on the brass. Going to try this on a coyote or 2.

40.0 grains of H4350 gave me 3,250 fps with an 80 ELD-M. I didn't load any higher charges but I imagine I could push this to 42.0 grains and ~3,400 FPS.
Hows that thing doing now?