• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

Well, I'm the "Johnny come lately guy" with the 22CM. Waiting on my barrel and other stuff. Will be using a Savage action. Will 6.5CM go/no go gauges work?

I spoke with Bob at Alpha Munitions yesterday and the 22 Creedmoor brass is in production right now. Copper Creek will be getting brass first, likely some time next week. Alpha will have it on their website soon after. The Copper Creek brass will be LRP, and I believe Bob said that they will have SRP on their website. Can’t wait for my Bighorn Origin action to arrive so I can get a 22 Creedmoor built.

Great!! I want to purchase the SRP brass. They are supposed to give me a call when it comes out, but I'll give them a call Tues.

I asked Bob which brass he preferred for his .22 Creedmoor and he said he plans to use LRP brass. Not sure yet which I will buy.

What dies are everyone using? Thinking 6 creed type S FL bushing die, not sure if the 6 creed seater will work??

What dies are everyone using? Thinking 6 creed type S FL bushing die, not sure if the 6 creed seater will work??

I got a Forster Ultra seater in 22-250 and ran the 22 Creed reamer in it. Works like a champ. I did this same with a Wilson seater blank.

Anyone have any data with the 88gr ELD-M’s? Picked up a 100 of them and have some 4350 I’m thinkin of trying. If there’s a different powder I should try, plz let me know!

Anyone have info on where to start with the 65gr cutting edge MTH or 70 gr GMX? I’m in CA so I’m stuck using copper for hunting. Also, what powders would be good? I have RL26, H1000 and superformance on hand so I was hoping one of those would work. I’ll be using Alpha brass. Any info is appreciated!

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
Anyone have info on where to start with the 65gr cutting edge MTH or 70 gr GMX? I’m in CA so I’m stuck using copper for hunting. Also, what powders would be good? I have RL26, H1000 and superformance on hand so I was hoping one of those would work. I’ll be using Alpha brass. Any info is appreciated!

Try the Reloader 26 of those three, but Varget would really serve you well in that weight class of bullets. Look on the 22 creedmoor page on Face book for some of the pet loads from guys shooting Varget and the 69 TMK @3500fps from 22" tubes.

I have gotten some really good reports on the Hornady 88gn Eld-M. A govt trapper is running them with H4350 in a 17.4" 8twist 22x47L at 3100fps. He said that inside of 250yds, they come apart explosively. His primary quarry is coyotes and he has been running the 22x47 flavor for many years. Fyi

Anyone else have any further reloading data on 95 smk? H4350 with these? Seems to be RL26 for the heavies; but, you would be surprised what little information there is. Between all the forums and Facebook less than 5 actual reports of load data for the 95 smk.

Twist rate is the other, Sierra recommends 6.5 twist but okweber says 7-10 twist for the 95 smk. I feel 6.5 is tight and achieving 3150-3200 May result in pressure early compared to a 7-7.5 twist

Reactions: NodakBarbarian
For the heavy bullets I’d try and use something slow like RL26, H1000, or Retumbo. With powders like H4350 or RL16 I think barrel life will suffer even more.

Reactions: Huckleberry75
42ish gr of reloaded 26 and a 90gr vld gives me 3106fps (3096 on virgin brass) had a node around 3350fps but don't remember charge weight. This is from a broughton 7 twist. Pretty sure it's 24" in length.

Reactions: Renomd
42ish gr of reloaded 26 and a 90gr vld gives me 3106fps (3096 on virgin brass) had a node around 3350fps but don't remember charge weight. This is from a broughton 7 twist. Pretty sure it's 24" in length.
Can u share which primer and brass you used! Thx for sharing!

Standard cci non may or match large rifle with hornady 6mm creed brass.

bullet/ weight/type - Nosler 80g CC
powder - Norma MRP
charge weight - 46.4
primer - S&B LR
velocity- 3515
barrel make, twist , length - Muelerworks, 1/8, 24" chambered by Southern Precision
round count on barrel - 100ish
Used MRP because it works well in my 6.5 Creed and I have it on the shelf, Bighorn TL-3 action, no pressure signs, 3.5" group at 600M

Reactions: Codiekfx400
bullet/ weight/type - Nosler 80g CC
powder - Norma MRP
charge weight - 46.4
primer - S&B LR
velocity- 3515
barrel make, twist , length - Muelerworks, 1/8, 24" chambered by Southern Precision
round count on barrel - 100ish
Used MRP because it works well in my 6.5 Creed and I have it on the shelf, Bighorn TL-3 action, no pressure signs, 3.5" group at 600M
How do you like your Mullerworks barrel? Also do you mind sharing your 6.5 creed load with Norma mrp I have some mrp I need to use up. Thanks Codie

How do you like your Mullerworks barrel? Also do you mind sharing your 6.5 creed load with Norma mrp I have some mrp I need to use up. Thanks Codie
I've got some good barrels to include Kreiger, Brux and Bartlein my Muellerworks barrel shoots right with them. I'll post my MRP load data for the 6.5 Creed on that page so no one gets confused here and accidentally uses the wrong data.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
Has anyone tried a 6.5 twist with 75 amaxs

I have a 6.5 twist laying around and was going to go 18” just want to make sure they are not going to blow up by over spinning them.

I’ve just started loading for my 22creed. I’ve got an 20” 8 Twist Shilen barrel. I’m getting 3200+ with 43gr RL26 and the 88gr eldm. Accuracy is not very good. Right around 1 moa. I’m planning to use the rifle in a match and they cap the speed at 3200 SIBI can’t go any faster. I’m my initial ladder test there looked like a node was showing up around 43.5-44 grains at about 3260-3300 FPS. I’m going to try H4350 tomorrow and see if the groups tighten up.

Reactions: PowPowHawg
For what it’s worth I’m using the new gunwerks 6 creedmoor Brass necked down

You might also try H4831SC. Also I found a good node around 3170fps with 95gr SMKs using RL26. It shot lights out but I have had issues with RL26 fouling the bore real bad and causing pressure spikes.

Well, I cinched up my load for my 22 Creedmoor today.
80.5 Berger Full Bore
40.0 grs. H-4350 3450 FPS 5 shot group at .415 great minute of coyote.
CCI BR SRP
Peterson SRP brass
28" finished Pac Nor SSSM 1:8
I worked up to 43.0 grs. of H-4350 to 3590 FPS but, it was a hot load for my rifle. The Peterson brass took a beating at that charge. Get this...I probably got my best group with the hot load! Not really sold on the Peterson brass. I think I will order up a box of Lapua 6 Creedmoor and give it a go. Did I mention...This rifle is a blast to shoot! RL 26 also showed good promise but, I went with the H-4350 when I saw my groups instantly shrink.

Reactions: Timgunner
I had over 1000 in one when I rebarreled. I tossed the old barrel on another action to use for fireforming brass and it's just as accurate as day one. I abuse my barrels, too.

Reactions: Huckleberry75
Does anyone know what barrel life to expect out of 22 Creed?
I all depends upon what you consider acceptable accuracy and your intended purpose. Punching tiny groups on paper, your acceptable barrel life will be much shorter than those that need to keep it within "minute of coyote/deer/lope" at XXX yards. Mine is a critter thumper and if I can get 1200-1300 rounds out of the barrel, that's a poop load of critters. As noted by Parshal, I will probably keep my initial barrel when its time to swap, for a fireforming tube.

Reactions: DIBBS
Thanks guys! That is a little steep for me. I am more of 2500 round count kind of guy. ;) I was thinking more of a trainer barrel but that doesn't seem like the right fit.

Anyone experience their barrel speeding up after about 150rds? My load development is driving me crazy! I thought I had a load ready for an upcoming PRS match and now instead of average 3188 FPS it is running 3285 and is over the speed limit.

Anyone experience their barrel speeding up after about 150rds? My load development is driving me crazy! I thought I had a load ready for an upcoming PRS match and now instead of average 3188 FPS it is running 3285 and is over the speed limit.

When was the last time you cleaned it? Could be a carbon ring.

Are you using RL26 and 95gr SMKs? I had a great load at 3170fps but shot it in a PRS match and had to stop out half way through the 2nd day due to pressure causing primers to pop out of the brass. Cleaned it got it to shoot and in 40 rounds same issue. Borrowed a bore scope and first few inches of the bore are carboned up bad. I am soaking my barrel bore with CLR to clean it out then I plan to try H4831SC next.

I’ve been cleaning it every 50 rounds and I thought the same thing too but after the last cleaning it didn’t slow down any.

I'll try RL23 when my new gain twist barrel is gone chambering.

Anyone tried it with 95gr smk?