• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 dasher… should be faster???

Afischer1289

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 15, 2017
Curious if anyone else has had similar findings on the 22 dasher??

Rifle:
Stiller spectre action
Broughton 8 twist bbl cut at 22”
Ptg standard 22 dasher reamer(not sure of freebore but it’s short)

alpha ocd dasher brass necked down
Hornady 75 eld
H4350
Cci450

started at 31 grns of powder and worked up to 35.
34.5 gns is running 3140 FPS on my mag speed. I’ve seen several guys running 4350 and 75s mention 3200+ fps.
I tried 32 gns of varget as well. That got me too 3220 but sticky bolt and hard ejector swipe.
I ran the 75s in a 223AI at 3050.

I ordered a throater to open the throat up a little.

Few things:

26” is probably what a lot are running
How many rounds on barrel? If new, it will speed up a bit
Some barrels are just slow. It happens

Reactions: Afischer1289
Short freebore, short barrel and Alpha brass will do that to you.
I was wondering about the alpha brass. Less capacity than lapua I’m guessing and it seems soft. I’ll try to form some lapua brass and see what that does. Thanks

I was wondering about the alpha brass. Less capacity than lapua I’m guessing and it seems soft. I’ll try to form some lapua brass and see what that does. Thanks
How short is your freebore? The barrel length is keeping you 130-150 FPS lower automatically. Add that to the velocity lost due to short freebore and Alpha brass you will probably be where others are.

update:
original reamer is a .254 neck and .045 freebore
opened the throat up ~ .130". I got the 75 eldm to 3450. shot tiny little groups. thinking about ordering a reamer to run the alpha brass (already formed). im thinking .190' freebore and .255-.257 neck. any input would be appreciated. i want to run the 88 eldm around 3150ish.

So wat did you ever end up running on the 22 dasher with the 22in barrel I’m about to Build a 8twist carbon barrel for coyote hunting with a suppressor and want to go short as I can but still get good velocity with lights and some heavy’s

I’m running 88 eldms at 3150 out of a 26” barrel. Running fireformed lapua brass. And Varget. .254 neck and .110 freebore.

Also have a 18” carbon barrel with a .050 freebore we run 55 blitz kings out of for varmint hunting.

I thought u had a 22inch you was getting the 3400 out of the 75eldms