• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22 shilloute shoot out

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
i have 5 shilloutes in different sizes, from 9 inch tall down to 3 inch tall, what would be a good game to play with these, thinking of setting them up and various ranges out 150yds

All at one distance descending in size from easy to almost impossible like a kyl.

No shoot targets in front of intended targets to create hostage situations.

Put individual targets at the distances that make them all subtended the same arc, ~1.5 to 2.0 moa

Reactions: Topstrap
so at what distance should i put them to make them some what difficult to hit, will be shooting off a bipod with no rear rest

With good ammo, a 1.5moa rifle, practice, good enviormental conditions, biped prone, with no time constraints you should be able to hit all 3"-9" at 150 yards. (3"@150yards =2moa)

In the wind offhand with the sun in your eyes big box ammo a cheap scope and bad dope you might be hard pressed to hit any of them at 100 yds.

was thinking since i can put each one at different distances, i would do the 3inch one at 50yd must shoot off hand, then the next ones place them various distances up to 150yds which could be shot with the bipod, maybe put one of the smaller ones 4-5 inch one at 150 and figure out a point system for hits or do what u said about the kyl

We used to shoot 1/5th scale swinger silhouette "animals" with chickens at 100 yards, pigs at 125 yards, turkeys at 150 yards. and rams at 175 yards. Might try something like this.

Note: We shot the above with 22RF from a bench, 10 shots at each target. Stopped as too many possibles were shot and had to walk through a swampy area to place and retreave the ram and I am deathly afraid of walking up on an unseen snake.

I have steel plates for 10" to 1". At 150 yds, I use the 10" for sightin or load testing. I shoot the 4" to 1" in a KYL off bench, or bring then in closer for off hand or rest no bi-pods.

Mark

Point of reference. Smallbore rifle silhouette uses chickens, pigs, turkeys, and rams at 40, 60, 77, and 100 meters, respectively.

Including the bases....the animals can be templated off of a rectangle the following size (HxW), but the actual hit area is smaller. Turkeys are the most difficult to hit.
- Chickens 4"x5"
- Pigs 5.3x8.3
- Turkeys 8.6x7.1
- Rams 10x12

All shots are offhand with no supports allowed. It's really pretty easy to hit them on a bench or any rest. Offhand is completely different.

We shoot them off hand . At 25 ,50,75,100 meters for IHMSA . 1/5 SCALE 3/8/ SCALE 1/2 scale with 22 LR .Pistol and rifle .
We shoot big bore at 50,100,150 and 200 meters
We put out 1/5 at the same distance shooting of the bench . as big bore .

most vids i have seen on kyl on you tube they are shooting off bipods target is at 30-50 yds and they still miss some, i know the target they are using is smaller than what im using, but thats why i plan on putting the bigger targets close the smaller ones at farther distance

We all miss . That is what makes it a challenge .
The people on youtube .
Have high power scopes and still miss .
If it was easy it wouldn't be fun .