• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Uppers

Re: .22 Uppers

I just finished putting a CMMG 22lr training upper together and have no complaints. I bought the upper with the stainless bolt, forward assist and bot hold open actuator. Their bolt hold open mags are stiff and require a little break in but the upper has been flawless with Federal Bulk Pack and a couple of Winchester sub-sonics.

Definitely a good looking upper. I wonder if it uses the black dog mags or a propietary mag like S&W or Colt's. Seems to be a good price also.

For a good starter I think the S&W is great because it is lightweight and runs with most ammo. If it is something more for yourself a heavier NC is the best out there now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nordic Components is without a doubt the best 22 upper on the market. </div></div>
I thought Spikes was all the rage?

Interested as I still have not been able to get a CMMG converstion kit to work well with a cheap Mdl-1 Sales upper. <I know, I know> I liked the available pencil barrel... Needs more grinding. Don't be a Mr. Bungle.

Spike's quit due to poor CQ issues.
CMMG or Nordic is the may to go, or M1S, or CME so accuracy ($1100).
My Spike's (Lolther)shoots .350-400" .50"yr.. as my CME.

No love here for TacSol? I ask because I know where there's one in stock at a reasonable price.

I'd love to get a Nordic upper, but they are only sporadically in stock and still made in limited quantitiy. I've had my hands on a few and they are top notch! Just going to have to be patient or lucky to pick one up.

Just FYI there will be a bunch of Nordic 22 soon. I was shooting with the whole staff and they are working on keeping up with the demand. They are making these for a few large companies who have placed large orders and stuff.

I will know more next week and see if i can get a advanced notice if any are in stock so SH members can order the ones they do have in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just FYI there will be a bunch of Nordic 22 soon. I was shooting with the whole staff and they are working on keeping up with the demand. They are making these for a few large companies who have placed large orders and stuff.

I will know more next week and see if i can get a advanced notice if any are in stock so SH members can order the ones they do have in stock.
</div></div>

Please keep us posted. I'd dearly love to pick one of these up for a few Fall Ruger rimfire matches. Thanks in advance.

I just picked up a Tactical Solutions M4 upper. I got mine from Missouri Mule out of Anchorage. He had the best price, and I did not have to wait for months to get it, partly due to luck.
I also ordered 5 of the new Black Dog Steel Lip magazines on the day they became available.

No complaints with the Tactical Solutions Upper or Black Dog Steel Lip Magazines.

NOTE: The Black Dog Magazines had a couple malfunctions the first time loaded on 2 of the 5. After the first loading was ran through them, they have ran 100%.

We have S&W M&P22's, Spikes, CMMG, and Tactical Solutions AR15-22's being shot at our range. The owners seem to be happy with all of them. Some required a little polishing, buzzing the chamber, etc to get them up to speed.

If you do not have an AR15 Lower to put the Rimfire upper on, the M&P is not a bad way to go at all for the cost of the complete rifle.

I wanted to use an AR lower so I could use whatever stock that I decided to use. I had a few questions I wanted answered before ordering. CMMG and I played phone tag for a week. I had no problem talking with someone at Tactical Solutions, or Missouri Mule. So they got my business.

Bob

Dont want to start a new thread because i see threads like this constantly but does anyone have any of the Model 1 sales uppers?

Well, I got a M1S 5-6 years ago, when might need 2-4 months due shipping bolts could available.

I was shipped (actually on the gun show) $50-100 with no bolt (a Ciener, which M1S was what the was shipping, or not shipping, since were out). I will would try lapping the barrel to see shot better.

It has always run well, though only to .60-70" to 50yd. It has a Shaw 16" heavy CAR barrel, just my 16" Spike's heavy CAR Lothar Walther.

Have a DPMS (was great), a Kuehl Gen 1 20", and a CLE 18" SPR MK12 Mod O (uses with M-261 bolt.

The CLE, came a difference planet.

Ive got a Spikes but it is older so I can't comment on the current models, Mine has ran like a top takes black dog magazines and loves to eat Federal bulk from wal-mart.

You may want to look at CMMG since they now offer a true bolt hold open on empty and bunch of other stuff that transfers over like the 5.56 upper. Great for training for 3/4 the price.

I own a Tactical Solutions AR-22 M4 and love it. The initial batch of these uppers did not have a chamfer around the chamber. As a result, sometimes rounds wouldn't feed properly. In the worst cases the cartridge would get pinched halfway in the chamber and the bolt would sometimes hit the cartridge with enough force to detonate the primer. In other words, out of battery detonation. This happened to me several times.

TacSol made it right and modified all future kits so the problems went away.

The TacSol is easy to disassemble and runs great with various ammo. They threaded the barrel a proper tenon length to use with most suppressors. This is nice since a lot of other kits use a .6" to .65" tenon length resulting in threads protruding into the back of the suppressor just to become caked with fouling and lead buildup.

The TacSol uses a standard barrel nut, which is nice if you plan to attach a rail (like a Troy MRF) that attaches via a standard barrel nut.

TacSol kits are not plastic. They use the same type of materials found on your favorite quality AR.

My TacSol and the others I've shot are all very accurate. No complaints there at all.

I'm running mine with the original Blackdog 25-round magazines and don't have feeding problems for the most part. If the magazines get really dirty, well, you know the drill.

The TacSol kits (like most .22 conversions) don't have a bolt hold open feature other than relying on the magazine follower to hold it open after the last round. Drop the magazine and the bolt drops forward. Not a big deal and most kits are like this.

You MUST run the TacSol kit with a rounded hammer for 100% reliability. With a notched hammer you'll have problems with the bolt getting hung up.

No auto-sear trip on the TacSol kits. Not a big deal for most folks but those with a DIAS/RR might want a kit to run full-auto.

I am pleased with my TacSol kit and enjoy it a lot. I'd buy another and recommend them to my friends.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finished putting a CMMG 22lr training upper together and have no complaints. I bought the upper with the stainless bolt, forward assist and bot hold open actuator. Their bolt hold open mags are stiff and require a little break in but the upper has been flawless with Federal Bulk Pack and a couple of Winchester sub-sonics. </div></div>

did you buy directly from CMMG or some other dealer? been looking at an upper like that for a while, seems with all the features i want, probably will cost around 475. not too bad, especially for getting everything you want with it.

If accuracy is your priority, you want a Compass Lake Engineering or Accuracy Speaks rimfire upper. It runs with my Anschutz.

Re: .22 Uppers Nordic

If about 3/4" group with ammo like Fed 711 or CCI std vel target. This is the upper for you woth the wait. The construction is just like my Rock River Arms Varmint and the unit is very reliable. If you are looking for better accuracy I thing you have to look at Compass Lake. $500 for the Nordic was my limit

Armalite uppers are basically made by CMMG CMMG parts Assembled by Armalite Potatoe Potato CMMG is by far growing superior in the rimfire upper world day by day New and Ingenious ideas and Products. I have a CMMG and I wouldnt trade it for anything, it eats whatever I feed it except Remmy Subs... Go Figure. Groups well and I havnt had any malfunctions so far

I would love to get a Nordic upper . . . and I check their site nearly daily to see if they have any in stock . . . so far, no dice.

I'll be watching this thread closely to see if they suddenly have some in stock, as NOMAD mentions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finished putting a CMMG 22lr training upper together and have no complaints. I bought the upper with the stainless bolt, forward assist and bot hold open actuator. Their bolt hold open mags are stiff and require a little break in but the upper has been flawless with Federal Bulk Pack and a couple of Winchester sub-sonics. </div></div>

did you buy directly from CMMG or some other dealer? been looking at an upper like that for a while, seems with all the features i want, probably will cost around 475. not too bad, especially for getting everything you want with it. </div></div>

I bought direct from CMMG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW - After contacting them via their website, once again, this screen pops up . . .

https://shop.nordiccomp.com/contact-send.sc

About 1/4 to 1/3rd the way down, it says that they are available and in stock, but when you go to the page to order any of the uppers, they all say out-of-stock . . . </div></div>

I called them last week to see if they had an ETA on when they would be back in stock and they said they were waiting on a few parts to be manufactured. They dont take backorders and they suggested calling every couple of weeks for updates.........it seems to me that backorders would be easier for them?

I have an integrally suppressed tacsol upper and it has 1000+ rounds through it now with no cleaning and no malfunctions. It shoots well and is a great piece of equipment so far. The crew at tacsol are the best. The only improvement I would like to see is make it compatible with full auto lowers. I have a couple m&p15-22s as well and they have been equally reliable. The S&W mags are easier to load. There are a lot of great 22 ar choices on the market right now and I'm having a lot of fun with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nordic Components is without a doubt the best 22 upper on the market. </div></div>
I thought Spikes was all the rage?

Interested as I still have not been able to get a CMMG converstion kit to work well with a cheap Mdl-1 Sales upper. <I know, I know> I liked the available pencil barrel... Needs more grinding. Don't be a Mr. Bungle. </div></div>

I finally got around to messing more with the CMMG AR conversion. I had thought the entire issue was in the upper and conversion unit, turns out it was also a conflict with the trigger group. I paid more attention to the operation with the lower. I swapped the upper unto a Bushy lower with a RRA NM trigger kit and it works frikken great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThrottleJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an integrally suppressed tacsol upper and it has 1000+ rounds through it now with no cleaning and no malfunctions. It shoots well and is a great piece of equipment so far. The crew at tacsol are the best. The only improvement I would like to see is make it compatible with full auto lowers. I have a couple m&p15-22s as well and they have been equally reliable. The S&W mags are easier to load. There are a lot of great 22 ar choices on the market right now and I'm having a lot of fun with them. </div></div>

I read here on the hide that if you get a Spike's trip kit that a Tac Sol will run full auto with a DIAS. I have not tried the combination so don't know for sure.

Pat

Nordic has a configuration without the FSB which might work for you.

I got mine back in Jan, and it is awesome. Cannot say enough good things about the Nordic guys and the NC-22.

Accurate 22lr dedicated upper

Compass Lake engineering. Super pricey but one of the few places that does a nice upper. Or, alternatively, buy the barrel and bolt from them and put together your own flat top using the parts...

I looked into an 22lr AR build but decided for the cost I could buy a scoped CZ452 and a boatload of ammo
wink.gif

Rob

PS, FYI: a complete upper from them will run you about 1K. A Krieger barrel and bolt will be about 6 bills.