• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 223 Bench rest scope help (recommendations)...

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey guys, I am hoping you all can help me out once again. I just put together a 223 AR Space gun. Some basic specs are as follows... The upper came from Compass Lake with 26" Kieger barrel and the lower consists of a Magpul PRS, Geissele NM trigger.

With that said, its time to pick some glass for this thing. My budget is around 1200 but, I do not need to spend that if its not necessary. Also, I do NOT want a Burris or Bushnell (I am just not a fan). I own several Ziess, Nikon, & Leoupold Scopes and they are fine. I may want to look at Sightron, Vortex, NF, or again Ziess for this but, I am open to your suggestions!

I will be shooting 98% bench rest (paper) but, I would like to think, if I wanted to take this coyote or prairie dog shooting I could (not that I will ever do this). I shoot with a group of friends only, so rules of specific competitions play no factor in what I choose.

Any help would be fantastic! Let me know what you all think I should start researching!

Thanks a ton!!

Re: 223 Bench rest scope help (recommendations)...

Sightron S3 or Nightforce BR would be my picks

An excellent scope for the money is the Weaver "T" Series. Had a T24 that tracked like no other, perfect! Would be aweful for hunting though...

Yeah, I own a Weaver T scope and they are very nice for bench rest shooting!

I was just recently choosing between the Weaver T series 36x and the Sightron SIII 8-32x56 with 1/8 dot and 1/8 adjustments(same as the Weaver). I went with the Sightron. I'm very happy with it, but the Weaver is good for the money. Glass is better on the Sightron. Both track perfectly.

Hey gang, one quick question on this... I read some place that with the NF BR scopes, the clearance is an issue with an AR... Can anyone weigh in on this?