• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 Or 5.56mm?

gars320

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2004
Lawrence County, MO
I have a preban Colt AR15 Match HBAR that is marked on the lower receiver as Cal. 223 but it is also marked on the Barrel as 5.56mm. The box is no help either as it is a Blue Label Model 6601 & says .223 (5.56mm). it is also marked on the BBl as a 1/7 twist. Is there a definite answer, or am I worrying about a non issue?

Re: .223 Or 5.56mm?

If it says 5.56 on the barrel that's what it is. Since .223 can be safely fired from a 5.56 chamber, it's a non-issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChielScape</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it says 5.56 on the barrel that's what it is. Since .223 can be safely fired from a 5.56 chamber, it's a non-issue. </div></div>

This. If it says 5.56 on the barrel, then it is 5.56, not 223. The barrel is the part with the chamber, not the lower. You can swap out lowers, but the chamber is part of the barrel. Shoot with confidence.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Agent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10-4 </div></div>Another fine post brought to you by Hammer Agent, I mean Sled Agent