• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223AI or .223 What do you prefer and why ?

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Comparing these two rounds, simplicity wise maybe.223 wins but it seems everyone get good results in the .223 AI chamber with factory .223 (accuracy wise) so there seems to be no real down side to having the AI chamber. And if you run a short tube you can get back a little speed.

Also how much faster can the AI drive the 75 A-Max over the standard .223 chambering ?

Re: .223AI or .223 What do you prefer and why ?

Noob question here.... "What's the difference?"

Thanks....

Lee.

The AI is IMproved sharper shoulder and taper blown out upon fireing the standard case 5-7% more capacity I beleive.

223ai because I can get close to .308 or 22-250 performance with the 75 amaxes, TAC, and a 22 inch barrel. I was getting close to 3025-ish FPS out of a 22 inch Rock barrel before I sold mine. I am having another built to different specs, and picked up an SPS in 223 for $378 locally for a future 223ai for my son.

I really like the lack of recoil, the accuracy, and I enjoy the brass forming and loading processes involved. The fact that the components are quite cheap is an added bonus. It's just a fun chambering to shoot.

I have both but I give the edge to the .223AI b/c there is no trimming involved. There is the pain of having to fireform but the fireformed loads are just as accurate as the full loads.

NO TRIMMING!!! If that isn't enough reason to go for the AI...i don't know what is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AI is IMproved sharper shoulder and taper blown out upon fireing the standard case 5-7% more capacity I beleive. </div></div>

Thanks...

Lee.

223AI anyday of the week,and twice on thursdays!
grin.gif

For the afor mentioned reasons.

Whose running the new .223 accuracy international mags with the .223AI ?

cheers pc3.

AI.More powder.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whose running the new .223 accuracy international mags with the .223AI ?

cheers pc3.</div></div>

We are,,,They run great. Then again, a modified 308 accuracy mag worked well too. We ran them for most the time waiting to get the new mags.