• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

224 AR Mag. Anyone here shooting it?

Boogaloo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Los Angeles Kalifornia
Looking at this cartridge and wondering how many if any of you are out there shooting this thing?
Looks like it could be pretty fun. Search did not turn up too much hereon the hide, so I thought I would reach out and see what you guys had to say.

Whats the parent case? Is that one of the 6mm variant's necked down to .22?

When I was on the market for a 6mm AR, I was stuck between the 6.5 Grendel (6mmAR, 6RAT, 6mm turbo 40) and the 6.8 SPC (6WOA, 6PDK) parent case wildcats. I ended up with the 6.5 Grendel based cartridge because it gave the same cases capacity but was able to load the 105-107 VLD's to mag length. Also the parent case of the Grendel is the 6ppc, the most accurate cartridge ever.

I think the Grendel based wildcats are definitely the way to go. Also the Alexander Arm's Grendel brass is made by lapua. Mine feeds flawless from Grendel mags.