• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

224 Valkyrie now shipping!

MDT_OFFICIAL

Official Account of Modular Driven Technologies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2019
mdttac.com
Hey everyone,

A small update in MDT land, we've released our 224 Valkyrie magazine, and we are stocked up and ready to ship! The magazine is an eight-round configuration with a polymer body; max COAL is 2.550". You can find it in the drop-menu on our polymer magazine section.

Yes, they are a polymer body.

tenor.gif

We have the 223 magazine, which is closest in dimensions only in polymer right now. We will consider a steel version if there is enough demand.

I'd be more interested in metal than plastic, for one. Even a metal sleeve with plastic insert a la accurate 223 mag made for Valkyrie

Reactions: Jackomason
Hey everyone,

A small update in MDT land, we've released our 224 Valkyrie magazine, and we are stocked up and ready to ship! The magazine is an eight-round configuration with a polymer body; max COAL is 2.550". You can find it in the drop-menu on our polymer magazine section.

Silly question, but would these mags work with .22-250?
Running .22-250 in AICS 5 round mags in my Howa 1500 for my little guy (12).
For some of the comps he shoots, a higher round capacity would really help.
If we try to run a 10 round mag, we get feeding issues.
Alternatively, anyone know of dedicated .22-250 mags?

I'd be more interested in metal than plastic, for one. Even a metal sleeve with plastic insert a la accurate 223 mag made for Valkyrie
This is very good feedback! Thank you.

hey @aqualung (couldn't resist). No, for 22-250, you will need a 308 Winchester magazine. The issue is the taper on the casing; once you get over 4 - 6 rounds, they get tilted forward, which makes the issue.

@Jackomason We go off of demand; there is a product request page on our website; you can make the request. R&D and tooling costs are high on new products, which would likely be hard to offset unless you were ordering larger numbers.

Last edited:
Can we do like prime did and see if we can do a group buy on metal .224 mags if there is a certain # of orders met? Or is R&D alone too expensive? Dont know enough about that side of things.

Sales is what is going to do it per my convo with MDT. We are talking upwards of $50,000+ to make molds and tooling for new metal 224V mags. Keep buying !! lolol

This is very good feedback! Thank you.

hey @aqualung (couldn't resist). No, for 22-250, you will need a 308 Winchester magazine. The issue is the taper on the casing; once you get over 4 - 6 rounds, they get tilted forward, which makes the issue.

@Jackomason We go off of demand; there is a product request page on our website; you can make the request. R&D and tooling costs are high on new products, which would likely be hard to offset unless you were ordering larger numbers.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, anything beyond 5 rounds is the problem, as you say.
Currently using .308 mags as you suggest.
It was just a thought. You know, looking for a better mousetrap...
I'm assuming that when he shoots the barrel out, and I rebarrel with .22-250AI, the problem goes away, and we can use 10 round AICS mags?

Sales is what is going to do it per my convo with MDT. We are talking upwards of $50,000+ to make molds and tooling for new metal 224V mags. Keep buying !! lolol

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry to derail the thread, I'll definitely head over and submit a product request. Thanks for the work you guys have done for the Poly mags. This definitely helps me appreciate them more!

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, anything beyond 5 rounds is the problem, as you say.
Currently using .308 mags as you suggest.
It was just a thought. You know, looking for a better mousetrap...
I'm assuming that when he shoots the barrel out, and I rebarrel with .22-250AI, the problem goes away, and we can use 10 round AICS mags?
For sure! Does 22-250 AI reduce the body taper? I didn't think it did.

@Jackomason No problem! Yes, the more requests we get the better!

Will these magazines work with 3-lug actions? Specifically the ARC nucleus? I thought I read about issues with 3-lug actions but can't find it now.

I'd be in for two. Had not idea startup costs for molds/tooling were anywhere near the 50k number above. Hopefully there's quite a few more people interested!

Yep. Designing and making dies for mags is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Then you still have to weld them together...