• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
Ok, guys! Talk me into one of them! They are both the enhanced Elite models. What one do I want? I'm stuck! Oh ya, the 229 would be 40 the 220 would be 45 ACP!

Re: 229 or 220,

I won't give you the thrashing that people usually throw out with "What are you using it for? blah, blah, blah..." Haha. I carried all three of the ones mentioned above as duty pistols over the years and, assuming you are talking open/duty carry, my favorite was the 226 in .40. It was a great combo of power, size, capacity. That being said, my home gun is a 220. I just don't see needing the capacity for non tactical use and I like the .45.

I had a P220 carry. I loved it. However, I didn't like the tactical rail on it. It didn't make sense to have a carry gun with rails that could grab clothes while your trying to drawl. I traded for a compact 1911 without a rail. BTW the only reason it had a rail was because that's what the state of CA would allow for sale. The P220 without a rail wasn't allowed to be sold in CA.

So I say P220.

The intended use would be my deciding factor, I do perfer the longer sight radius of the 226 family, and the increased mag capcity, the 220 is a fine pistol, and since you live somewhere where big fury things eat people I would go with the 220.

I wish they had the 226, but it's the 229. As for the 45 ACP and the big and furrys, that will only get me into trouble. We have bigger guns for that. I still Don't know what I want to do

Well I was told to make sure I got the one with the short reset trigger (SRT) in the gun. It makes a world of difference I've been told, I'll know in about 2 days when I receive my 226 Enhanced Elite

Not too long ago I owned the 220, 220 Carry & a 226 (all without rails because I'm not high-speed enough to rate them). I found that the 220 was seeing the least action so I sold it & for what it's worth, I don't miss it. I was carrying the 220 carry IWB, but recently went back to the 226 OWB & will be staying there for awhile.

Like said above, I would recommend the longer sight radius of the 220. I wish the 220 carry was a little smaller gun, I would probably carry it exclusively. IMHO, it doesn't conceal a whole hell of a lot better than my 226. My thought when I got it is that it only holds 2 less rounds than a full-size 220.

I realize this is a lot of rambling, but I think if I could only have one it would be the 226, or in your case the 220... but I don't mind carrying a full size pistol.

By the way, I send all of my Sigs to Bruce Gray @ GrayGuns... he does a killer action job that includes a short reset trigger in the event the pistol you end up with is older & doesn't come with it.

I love the 229! got to carry one for about 3 years and loved it !! If I was double jointed, I could kick myself in the ass for selling it!!! For me it is the 229, in .40 cal all the way!

Sig = Sexy... why choose one or the other? Sounds like a "buy both" opportunity.

BTW... I've owned, carried (still carry mostly in the colder months), and competed with a Sig 220's. So I'm a little biased to the .45 ACP.

Of those two, the 229. I just think you need more than 8 rounds @ your immediate disposal. Both will be as accurate as any factory pistol in the price range. But for a suppressed platform, the New P220 with factory threaded barrel is sweet.

The Local SO used to carry P220. They carried 4 extra mags in pouches that stuck out big time.

New Sheriff changed to Sig Pro in .357 sig. Bonehead move.

Honestly I think it comes down to what caliber you want to shoot. I carried a 229 for work for the past 4 years and it never failed me. chambered in .357sig

I had a 229 in 40 and could never get used to the chunky feeling had. Have a 220 and find it fits me better. You should try them both if possible to see what you prefer.