• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 22lr can

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
What is a good can for a 10/22? I have a 1" barrel and would like the can to be close to the same dia. Look at Yankee Hill. Is there a better can for a 22?

Re: 22lr can

Dar, honestly ... I have a Pilot and am in the process of an Element from AAC.

The reason the YHM is as cheap as it is .... it doesnt sound the greatest.

If it were me Id spend the 30 bucks to join John Titsworth's site ..... silencerresearch.com and read his unbiased reviews before you buy.

And if you can, ask your dealer to demo whatever can you are looking at on the specific host that you are going to run it on. Different hosts will sound differently, and different cans will sound differently on those hosts.

dar,I'm doing the research myself also,went with a CanCorp LLC,Titanium and user friendly in that you can take it apart to clean it,should be into my dealer on Wednesday,should be able to test fire it then.Much less expensive than the YHM model which is also a welded design.I want something I can service or replace a part in.Shoot me a PM and I can give you more info.

Did you consider Liberty Supressors? I have not used one to be honest with you; but heard some positives about them. Some are take apart as well I believe. Lots of rimfire cans. Link below:

Liberty Cans

I ordered a Silencerco Sparrow. I just now need to pick it up from my dealer so I can shoot it.

Honestly I don't have any of my 10/22s threaded at this time (I know shame on me) but I have 3 .22 cans a AAC Pilot, SWR Spectre, and Gemtech OutbackII. Its sorta weird as the SWR Spectre being the heaviest of all of them seems to be the quitest on my p22s and sig masquito but the loudest when I put it on my savage Mark II rifle. For whatever reason the AAC pilot and the outback II are quiter on the rifle or at least that is what it seems to my ear. The spectre is nice since it can be taken apart and also rated to be used with 5.7mm, 17HMR, 17 MACH II and .22 Magnum but it is alot heavier especially on a p22 than the other 2 I mentioned. The AAC pilot and outback II are pretty close without sound equipment I can't tell a difference.

IIRC, the Liberty Shoofly was the quietest on the 10/22 in the Silencer Research test. It's the same contour as a bull barrel, but is kinda long at 7.5". I should be getting the paperwork in for mine any time.

FWIW, I doubt you'd be able to really hear the difference between the top cans in the Silencer Research test. Pick one that metered well from a company or individual you'd like to support, and buy that. David at Liberty is a good guy who supports shooters by donating cans to matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is a good can for a 10/22? I have a 1" barrel and would like the can to be close to the same dia. Look at Yankee Hill. Is there a better can for a 22? </div></div>

The Elite Iron Echo is a great can and can be disassembled for cleaning.

Dale makes a great product.

Guys ..just to take this a little off topic..I have a Pilot for my P22..just got a Green Mtn threaded barrel for my 10/22..?? mods to make it cycle better with can on and CCI subsonic ammo...do you have to lighten up the bolt ???Thanks for any info..

It cycles fine without the suppressor, but chokes with the suppressor on? What exactly is it doing?

If you're short stroking with subsonics, a common mod is to cut a radius into the bottom rear edge of the bolt.

Whichever way you go make sure you get a can that can be dissasembled for cleaning. As for reliability ramping the bolt and polishing the face of the hammer should help. My 10/22 would not run on subsonic(WW Dynapoints) until I did the changes mentioned. Now it screams like a banshee - it is a norrell10/22 full auto that runs 1540rpm. What a hoot!!! Also rimfirecentral is a good source of info.

Thanks guys..it is short stroking the subsonic..may look into the Liberty cans also..

I went with a Yankee hill. The dealer had them in stock. I think the Yankee will be fine for now. I might try another brand for my other 22.

I have a aac pilot and the new element. just shot them both today on my 10/22. i had my friend stand in the same spot about 10ft to the side of the muzzle. they are both very close with the element edging out very slightly. It wasnt a big difference either. If the pilot was a take appart i would recomend it to everyone. however it not being a takappart, im not sure how long it will last. Any ways, the element is a pretty nice can, I would suggest either an element, prodigy or the swr spectr.

element and the spectr are supposed to be the two top performers out there. element is full auto rated too and also rated for 22 mag and 17 hmr.

You will use a 22 can a lot more than you think, since the ammo is so cheap. spend some money and get something that will last and perform.

I've had my YHM MITE for over a year now and couldn't be more pleased. My 10-22 runs flawlessly with Rem Subs. All I hear is the action and bullet strike. The MITE is easy to clean and very light. Regards
CIMG0966.jpg