• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes .22lr CZ 457 scope suggestions

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
Budget is what I paid for the rifle OTD; ~$600, though a little flexible if there's a significant increase in glass quality. Initially I was looking at finding a used Strike Eagle or Athlon Midas Tac (56mm obj) scopes but came across the Arken EP5. Are these a good buy at their price point or would there be a noticeable difference in spending a little more(<$100)? My buddy has an Arken SH4(IIRC 4-16x) and tbh I wasn't really that impressed(I thought the Athlon Helos BTR I had on my AR10 had better glass). Looking for the best value. Planning on shooting mainly 50-300yds and on occasion may go for the 500yd steel silhouette. Not going to compete or anything, just plinking.

Reactions: 338dude
I’m in the same boat. I think I’m going to try the Arken EP5. A buddy has one. I’ve looked through it and was impressed with how clear the glass was. My friend said it tracks well and always returns to zero.

Reactions: 338dude
People say they love the Burris XTR III.

I really like my Bushnell LRHS and the LRTS have really good glass. Used they run $750.

Reactions: TheSunPope
sightron s 3 10x50x60 has worked wonderfully for us so far and the money saved by not over paying we also got a 0-200 moa adjustable rail so 100 yards - what looks like 1k were good to go with elevation indoor or outside . what ever you get best of luck .

I am running an older Bushnell G2DMR Elite Tactical 3-12x44 on mine and it works great. Parallax comes down to 10yd IIRC. I have been thinking about replacing it with an XTRIII 3.3-18 for the SCR reticle and for the short form factor of the scope.

I would second the used Bushnell LRTS option.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Budget is what I paid for the rifle OTD; ~$600, though a little flexible if there's a significant increase in glass quality. Initially I was looking at finding a used Strike Eagle or Athlon Midas Tac (56mm obj) scopes but came across the Arken EP5. Are these a good buy at their price point or would there be a noticeable difference in spending a little more(<$100)? My buddy has an Arken SH4(IIRC 4-16x) and tbh I wasn't really that impressed(I thought the Athlon Helos BTR I had on my AR10 had better glass). Looking for the best value. Planning on shooting mainly 50-300yds and on occasion may go for the 500yd steel silhouette. Not going to compete or anything, just plinking.
Yes, the Arken EP5 is a great scope for it's price range. I have one, as well as the Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C, and they're setup on nearly identical rifles with identical rings and rails... Out of my 2 particular specimens side-by-side, the EP5 has better glass. IMO, the Strike Eagle's glass is closer to the glass in my SH4 Gen2 scopes. I will say this, the Strike Eagle has locking turrets, and the RevStop is super easy to reset, and I like that feature. But the Arken's ZS works perfect and repeatably, and is a solid wall.

Their rings ain't half bad either for $60. For a .22, I'd recommend the LOW height 0.92".

Just an update, I ended up going with a used Midas TAC 5-25 and am EXTREMELY happy. It comes fairly close to my Cronus at the ranges I plan on using it. I had actually ordered the EP5 but ended up cancelling after seeing reviews all over the place; I just didn't want to take that chance since I wanted to compete in a couple weeks. I do plan on trying out an EP5 though,

Reactions: leendertp
I have a strike eagle on mine but a little over your budget. Make sure you have enough elevation on whether you select. Have an athlon on another rifle and they’re a great value. Cameraland will hook you up if you call. Have heard less than great things about Arlen but never looked through own.

I have heard good things about the Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50. I have a CZ457 and I use a Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 . If you are former or current military or LEO, I would encourage you to go to ExpertVoice and check the pricing there, great pricing on lots of different scope companies. Bushnell and Leupold both have military/Leo discount programs as well.

Arken EP5 is a good bang for your buck, fully agree. A bit on higher end of your budget you try to get something like Burris XTR II 8-40 rifle scope from nearby outdoor sports store https://gritroutdoors.com/ , got mine on sale for around 650, but I think currently those go for around 800. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky like I did 😁

Last edited:
This VX freedom rimfire 3-9x40 is one hell of a scope and it's setup for rimfire and coat u should be able to fine it at around $200

This VX freedom rimfire 3-9x40 is one hell of a scope and it's setup for rimfire and coat u should be able to fine it at around $200
I can tell you from personal experience that if you're shooting PRS style matches, the rimfire BDC is sub optimal past where the BDC ranges.

I could hit things past 100yds during matches, but it was close to luck.

... and good luck holding for wind

M

Reactions: Bart430
For a skosh more you could pick up a used pst2 floating around.
I'd spend the money on a Strike Eagle EBR-7C, over a PST2... This is having looked through both, and worked with both. The SE actually has more features for the money. The glass might be minutely better in the PST2, but honestly, not enough to justify NOT having all the extra features you get with the Strike Eagle.