• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors .22LR suppressor

Re: .22LR suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cajunshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I' ve been looking at the AAC sparrow. What would be my other
Options? It's going on a Ruger MK II. Used for range fun. </div></div>

No such a thing. AAC doesnt make the sparrow.

I run Thunderbeasts 22 can and am very happy with it. Light, and quiet.

SilencerCo makes the Sparrow. I have one of the new stainless ones.. Great suppressor and easy to keep clean. It has a little more 1st. rd. pop than others but I can live with that. Plus it's rated for .17HMR, .22 mag and 5.7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SilencerCo makes the Sparrow. I have one of the new stainless ones.. Great suppressor and easy to keep clean. It has a little more 1st. rd. pop than others but I can live with that. Plus it's rated for .17HMR, .22 mag, 5.7, and the .22 Hornet. </div></div>

wink.gif

Ive heard most all of them, and havent found anything yet to beat the TBAC 22L-1 in all categories. Its basically the lightest out there at 4.5oz aside from some pure aluminum cans. Magnum rated (Ive shot quite a bit of 5.7 through mine). ZERO first round pop. And quieter overall than anything Ive heard also.

I have a Spectre that has a barely perceptible FRP and is very, very quiet after that. The Spectre II is supposed to be even better I believe. I also have a Tactical Innovations Quest that is OK on a rifle but crappy on a pistol. My next one will be a Spectre II or Liberty Kodiak TL

I think our 22L-1 is a very underrated can since we are know for our precision 30 and 338s. My 22L-1 gets a lot of use on my CZ 22 Mag. It's a pretty dam good can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think our 22L-1 is a very underrated can since we are know for our precision 30 and 338s. My 22L-1 gets a lot of use on my CZ 22 Mag. It's a pretty dam good can </div></div>

Ray, I dont get it either, I hardly hear any talk of them. I wish I could demo mine to everyone who thinks their 22 can is "quiet". When I hand it to people they are like, "seriously, this is it?" its so stupid lightweight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think our 22L-1 is a very underrated can since we are know for our precision 30 and 338s. My 22L-1 gets a lot of use on my CZ 22 Mag. It's a pretty dam good can </div></div>

I think part of it is the fact that most people don't believe a sealed rimfire can will "work". Obviously, that is not the case. I have already decided that it is going to be my first rimfire can.

I have a YHM Mite blem that I picked up for low $$$...it does what it's supposed to do, although admittedly it's probably not the best can out there.

just got my silencerco sparrow i put 500 rounds throught it with a 10/22 and a mark 3 brought it home took me 5 minutes to clean it to the point where you would never know it had been fired

There are a ton of good .22lr options, and they are priced so closely that what is available at the local dealer might hold more weight than other factors.

I've got a Huntertown Guardian waiting on the Form 4 to come back.

Its first can, and while its probably not the "best" available its suppression compares well to the Sparrow in testing. More importantly, hearing the reduction during a demo sold me...damn thing was substantially quieter than a break-barrel air rifle.

Plus the price point ($200 + stamp) made it an affordable entry into suppressors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cajunshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I' ve been looking at the AAC sparrow. What would be my other
Options? It's going on a Ruger MK II. Used for range fun. </div></div>

i bought the essence from liberty, no first round pop, and its lighter.

I would get the TBAC if not for the price. But you prob get waht you pay for.

COnsider the SAS 22 Suppressor. It is <span style="text-decoration: line-through">titanium</span> aluminum and almost half the price of the TBAC. Mile High Shooting Supplies is the supplier on the hide and they offer a 5% discount to hide members.

I purchased one, and as soon as I get the paperwork, I will do a comparison to my friends TBAC. Only 5 more months!! ha.

You could also make your own. Lots of fun to do and exponentially cheaper.

Good luck,
DT

The SilencerCo Sparrow is a great can because it comes apart and is rated for 22lr, 22mag, and 5.7. I wish my AAC can was rated for 5.7, but it is not. Also SilencerCo's customer service is one of the best.

the sparrow can also handle 22 hornet not super quiet but it does know down the sound a bit.

does anyone else here have the essence? my local dealer did a compare between the specter, the sparrow, and the essence and the essence came out on top for sound, FRP, sound suppression, and weight. the only real downside is that its not 5.7 rated.

SRT Cheyenne XL or XXL and Thompson Machine are quieter on Ruger Mark II than the Sparrow. The Sparrow and Thompson Machine suppressors break down for cleaning and have a uni-baffle stack.

Some suppressors are quieter than others on different .22 pistols with the same ammo. Some even lose their first round pop on different pistols. Try before you buy if you can.

Marty Seidler
www.guntrustlawyer.net