• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.22wmr accuracy potential

mattri

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2005
denver
What kind of groups can you expect-- or are you getting-- with a .22wmr at 150- 200 yards?

Re: .22wmr accuracy potential

Getting groups about 1.375 to 1.600 with Hornady 30g V-max.With 10/22 Magnum at 150 to 200.

AT 200 YARDS i'm getting a little under 3" when weather and i are in harmony, about 5" when not so much, 10 shot groups. i've shot my first turkey with it last year, 92 yards and a head shot on a cottontail at 67.

it's a marlin 822, imagine a savage would be better, bought it before i got hooked on rimfires again.

i found hornady ammo 30 gr vmax to be the best out of it

100 yards, they are within 1.5".

i stopped shooting it at 50 as they usually make a ragged .35cal hole at that range.

if you get a marlin, expect to get a replacement trigger, the factory one sucks.

I have a Marlin 882SSV that does sub MOA out to 100, and starts to spread out at 150.

The biggest issue with the WMR is finding what ammo your gun likes. I have yet to find a marlin that will not shoot 40gr cci's pretty reliably. Most WMR's like the 30-33 gr VMAX offerings from many mfgr's

Ammo is kinda scarce right now, but getting better every day. 22ammo.com is your friend.

As to the Marlin trigger - even on the non adjustable factory triggers, you are one big pen and a polishing stone away from a very nice 2.5lb glass breaking "Click."

Search the www.marlinowners.com forum or RC - both have writeups on the pen spring trick. I've done it on mine and it feels very nice.

I just shot some groups yesterday between .223 testing with my Savage 93 pre accutrigger, Harris bipod, hand held small sand bag in rear.

5 shot groups @ 100 yards

Model93.jpg

DSCF3088.jpg

I can't imagine the groups being a ton larger out further. All depending on wind of course.

anyone shoot a savage 93 BV 22mag???? im thinking of getting one, Rather ask here than make a dedicated post on the subject matter. The 22lrs look nice. I wanted to get a cz452 in 22mag but it appears they dont make them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone shoot a savage 93 BV 22mag???? im thinking of getting one, Rather ask here than make a dedicated post on the subject matter. The 22lrs look nice. I wanted to get a cz452 in 22mag but it appears they dont make them. </div></div>

CZ does indeed make the 452 in a 22 mag config...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/571171871mKWEdU