• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

23 Baltimore schools, 2,000 students: Not one tested proficient in math

Wanna bet that reading writing and English aren't much better?

Reactions: BCP
The really sad and telling part of it all is they will throw another couple billion at "fixing" it and do absolutely nothing.

Every 13/52 urban welfare state shithole in the country is no different.

a lot of people don't know that obama spent $7billion to find out how to fix chronically failing schools.
instead of democrats reinforcing their constant claims that more money would improve schools, they proved that no amount of money helps.

while this disaster was mostly buried under #russiagate as trump entered office, the little reporting hid one hard fact.
when one school replaced the principal and almost all of the union teachers, the scores immediately improved.
they know what the problem is, but they won't fix it because that would expose the teachers unions for what they are, and expose the liberal democrat run schools for what they are...failure factories.

Reactions: gigamortis
and in 10 years, they’ll be 2000 more murdering, robbing, crackhead thugs on the street.
10 yesrs

Theres pre teens car jacking and murdering in DC and baltimore

All you were all the same
People don’t live near the reptiles.

JYqmcObt4SBv.jpeg

retardation
yeah it's not mental retardation. it's extreme apathy supplemented with various rewards for bad behavior and disincentives for achievement and progression.

instead of trying to portray thugs who died or are injured during crimes as innocent angels, sharpton etc should be rallying resources to help all these kids that aren't getting the help they need at home or school to succeed.

Not much of a joke when trying to teach teens and pre-teens simple algebraic equations. Having used calculators all their life, they have no (0) understanding of even the most basic math skills. Show them a pencil in one hand and a pencil in another hand and ask them how many more pencils it takes to make three pencils and they have no idea.

Than’s ok, hiden biden and kamy hairball-for-brains will take care of them.

Maybe if they switched to the metric system things would improve....you know ....grams, kilos.......

I read that Chicago school students are suffering the same fate. I there a common denominator or two in these stories.

They won't know how to do basic math skills but they will be a whiz at filling out welfare applications and collecting WIC cards.

The smarter ones will figure out how to cut up a kilo of nose candy and figure out what their profit will be after operating expenses.

Some of them probably can't do basic calculations with respect to time but will be able to figure out how much is left to go on their jail sentences.

My favorite author, Robert A. Heinlein, wrote a great essay on the state of education back in the early 80s.

He noted that his grandfather grew up on a farm outside of Butler, Mo. When his father died, he had to leave school at the 8th grade level to run the farm, a family business. As an 8th grade drop-out, he could read, write, and speak English, Latin, could read some Greek. Had the trig tables memorized and could do single variable calculus (using the shortcut) in his head. He could quote Shakespeare. Was well versed in history. Read the popular authors of the day.

And we have college graduates today that cannot do one of those things. In the 80's, half of the incoming freshmen at Cal Tech had to take Remedial "bone-head" English to catch up.

And it has only gotten worse. And now the public schools are simply indoctrination centers where teachers are commanded to lie to the parents and if they do not, they are fired.

I say, let's abandon public education. It is not doing what it was supposed to do, which is create functionally literate people to man the factories. I say companies should devise their own tests and means of clearing people for hire. The diploma is only suitable for wiping your anus.

Last edited:
My favorite author, Robert A. Heinlein, wrote a great essay on the state of education back in the early 80s.

He noted that his grandfather grew up on a farm outside of Burtler, Mo. When his father died, he had to leave school at the 8th grade level to run the farm, a family business. As an 8th grade drop-out, he could read, write, and speak English, Latin, could read some Greek. Had the trig tables memorized and could do single variable calculus (using the shortcut) in his head. He could quote Shakespeare. Was well versed in history. Read the popular authors of the day.

And we have college graduates today that cannot do one of those things. In the 80's, half of the incoming freshmen at Cal Tech had to take Remedial "bone-head) English to catch up.

And it has only gotten worse. And now the public schools are simply indoctrination centers where teachers are commanded to lie to the parents and if they do not, they are fired.

I say, let's abandon public education. It is not doing what it was supposed to do, which is create functionally literate people to man the factories. I say companies should devise their own tests and means of clearing people for hire. The diploma is only suitable for wiping your anus.
let's start with getting rid of the dept of education, which has done nothing but destroy education with common core and a litany of sins.
it was federal covid "relief" funds that closed schools and mandated masks and clotshots for kids.
virtually none of the school districts were willing to pass on millions of new funding dollars that they can waste.

True story, I interviewed for a transfer at Capital One. They denied it because I did not use a calculator on the case study thus failing the study.

The answer was correct BTW.

Calculators were forbidden at university in my day as ours was the 1st Gen to have the graphing calcs that could also store formulas.

Edit: there was no latin or Greek offered at my school and 0 computers in the 1990s. School bought our AppleIIgs mid 80s.

Reactions: 308pirate
it makes a lot of sense it is Baltimore , oh it was Washington that elected a crack head twice to run the city can't expect much from that level of inelegance

It's hard to find due to Google scrubbing racist history but most Chicago high school graduates can't read or write.

Why’s Leroy selling a ball for more $$$ per gram than a single gram baggie?

Public school 🙄
Gotta take buyers into account.
Everyone knows Antonio is a bitch who won’t do nothin about it, whereas Juan ain’t afraid to cap a n***a for shorting him 2/10 of a gram…

• Haha
Reactions: vinniedelpino
Calculators. Don’t get me started on calculators. I had some LD students who were married to the things. True they had a learning disability but otherwise were fairly bright young people with normal IQ’s.

Problem is, the students never understood the very basics of math. Not even understanding that 1 + 1 = 2. Ever try to teach the most basic of algebraic equations when the student has no comprehension or understanding of basic kindergarten or 1st grade math. Tried every kind of tactile, hands on work. Nothing. I’ve taught horses more difficult math and horses are just Plain Stupid! (Well Fashion’s Flirt was the Albert Einstein of horses but she was the exception)

Samples of what I tried to teach

2 - x = 1. Solve for x
1+ x = 2. Solve for x

Now a lot of folks say algebra is a waste of time because they never use it after taking the class. i am here to tell you, if you have ever successfully determined if you have enough money to purchase a cup of coffee much less an AI X or a Custom build PRS rifle, you have used algebra. We all use it every day in almost every endeavor. But my kids, married to a calculator can’t.

Reactions: Longshot231
Now a lot of folks say algebra is a waste of time because they never use it after taking the class. i am here to tell you, if you have ever successfully determined if you have enough money to purchase a cup of coffee much less an AI X or a Custom build PRS rifle, you have used algebra. We all use it every day in almost every endeavor. But my kids, married to a calculator can’t.
I'll give you the usefulness of algebra and geometry. Calculus on the other hand. Derivatives give me hives

• Haha
Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Calculators. Don’t get me started on calculators. I had some LD students who were married to the things. True they had a learning disability but otherwise were fairly bright young people with normal IQ’s.

Problem is, the students never understood the very basics of math. Not even understanding that 1 + 1 = 2. Ever try to teach the most basic of algebraic equations when the student has no comprehension or understanding of basic kindergarten or 1st grade math. Tried every kind of tactile, hands on work. Nothing. I’ve taught horses more difficult math and horses are just Plain Stupid! (Well Fashion’s Flirt was the Albert Einstein of horses but she was the exception)

2 - x = 1. Solve for x
1+ x = 2. Solve for x

You do realize, according to some actual tenured math professors that the concept of 1+1=2 is racist and white colonialist supremacy. I am not exaggerating, either. So, really, we need to be as adamant against the commies as they are against people with actual abilities to reason.

Or do like the productive people in "Atlas Shrugged" and let the people infected with a raving case of the Stoopid march themselves off a cliff. Funny thing, you cannot call it evolution and most people misunderstand "fittest." A species survives from pure dumb irish luck. Which is also incredulous.

2 - x = 1. Solve for x
1+ x = 2. Solve for x

Heck, have you ever seen some of the younger cashiers try to figure change? Stunning. Price is 2.98, you give them 3.03 because you had some annoying pennies and this way you get a nickel back, instead of 2 more pennies...then watch the confusion...

Seen it too many times.

I'll give you the usefulness of algebra and geometry. Calculus on the other hand. Derivatives give me hives
You and me both. When I was teaching, out Math teacher was assigned to teach a Calculus course, which neither she nor the students were prepared for.

So, giving her all, she and the students worked it all out together. That’s educating.

My father made A’s in the stuff. Our son flubbed one class in it, retook it (even though he passed the first time) made an A in the repeat, and made A’s in all the rest of the Calculus courses. Me, being dyslexic, was the black sheep, History was my specialty.

Surprisingly, I wound up working in a facility for Mental Retardation. Got assigned to find work and determine sub minimum wages, actual wages and Department of Labor approved job quotations. (Basically all Industrial Engineering work). So, suffering with working with calculations that used figures with up to 5 and 6 decimals, I taught myself computer programming so I could write the programs to do the work.

Result, instead of spending an entire afternoon repeating a process three times to make sure I got two calculations to equal, it took a paraprofessional less than 15 minutes to do the same work. My programs were great. All outdated now, nothing runs MS DOS anymore.

Reactions: ChezJfrey
imagine being a poor black family and having to send your kids to one of those schools, while the democrats try to shut down charter schools and block any efforts to give you a choice to send them elsewhere.
Charter schools aren't fairing any better. Most of the learning is reinforced at home. Because those poor black families are too busy having mom suck dicks for crack and dad not around...it won't make a difference where that kid goes to school.

Grandma will just reinforce its whiteys fault and the kid will end up dead in 10 years. Rinse and repeat.

When you get into theoretical applications, calculus is needed. For most people, the equations have already been derived.

Reactions: Emerson0311
When you get into theoretical applications, calculus is needed. For most people, the equations have already been derived.
We don't need any more accountants, lawyers and bankers, AI can handle those tasks with ease, but please god don't let plumbers, mechanics, carpenters and other handy man get any dumber i am afraid AI taking over those jobs will take a while. :p

You and me both. When I was teaching, out Math teacher was assigned to teach a Calculus course, which neither she nor the students were prepared for.

So, giving her all, she and the students worked it all out together. That’s educating.

My father made A’s in the stuff. Our son flubbed one class in it, retook it (even though he passed the first time) made an A in the repeat, and made A’s in all the rest of the Calculus courses. Me, being dyslexic, was the black sheep, History was my specialty.

Surprisingly, I wound up working in a facility for Mental Retardation. Got assigned to find work and determine sub minimum wages, actual wages and Department of Labor approved job quotations. (Basically all Industrial Engineering work). So, suffering with working with calculations that used figures with up to 5 and 6 decimals, I taught myself computer programming so I could write the programs to do the work.

Result, instead of spending an entire afternoon repeating a process three times to make sure I got two calculations to equal, it took a paraprofessional less than 15 minutes to do the same work. My programs were great. All outdated now, nothing runs MS DOS anymore.
Well, looking back, this makes me feel a little better about my first experience with Calculus. I passed, with a C, my first time through. But I muddled through and didn't really understand it, so I took the class again, a year later, and got an A. Feel better knowing I'm not the only one, LOL

I am a software programmer these days.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
We don't need any more accountants, lawyers and bankers, AI can handle those tasks with ease, but please god don't let plumbers, mechanics, carpenters and other handy man get any dumber i am afraid AI taking over those jobs will take a while. :p

Would a robot plumber still be required to have an ass crack hang out?

My son was a math major in college, got an A in Calc. 2 in HS. Then got a masters in data analytics, in a year and 1/2.

Not to break anybody's' bubble or anything. :ROFLMAO: (Myself included! :poop:)

it would be cheaper to train monkeys to sign that it is to educate some people's kids who just refuse to accept an education. .

Last edited:
it would be cheaper to train monkeys to sign that it is to educate some people's kids .
Funny thing, monkeys have been taught to sign. But not so much success with the latter part of the statement. Lowering standards does not bring intelligence. It just creates idiocracy.