• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 90gr Sierra Gamechanger and IMR powders

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Looking for anybody who has shot 90gr gamechangers from a 243 with a 1-10 twist barrel. I got 100.
I have IMR 4451, 4350 and 4831. I shoot mostly IMR powder just because I've loaded it since I was a kid and its easy to get locally.
The IMR reloading data page shows this

1590953143018.png

So now I have a hankering to try 4955 and 7828.
I have never loaded compressed loads before. I shoot from AICS style magpul mags.
Does anybody have any experience with 4955 and 7828? Does the extra velocity help or hurt accuracy? I'd hate to spend more money and be disappointed. I know the only way to really know is to load some up and try it. But if everyone else says it sucks or is great it would help me decide.
Thanks

Anybody have any loads for this bullet with other powders? This bullet is LONG. Longer then a 100gr speed BTSP. It also seems to have less bearing surface then an 85 speer BTSP.