• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 25 cal for comps

I don’t have time to log in here often but this thread got brought back to my attention in my notifications.

real world results of a PRS shooter: 2 barrels of different manufacturers both lost ~30-35 FPS at 2500 rounds. Still shot as good or better than when it was new. That shooter added a few tenths of powder and won 2 one day PRS matches back to back weekend and dropped less than 5 points at both of them. The real kicker is that they are 25 Creedmoors running 3140 FPS with RL16! That’s smoking. May be why my 25x47 running my slow node at 2810fps is still the same every time I take it out with over 3k Rounds on the tube.
What barrel length are you using with the 2810 velocity? I would love to rock a 20"ish and be at 2800ish. The numbers look damn good to me. I'm easily amused and I rock a 308.

What barrel length are you using with the 2810 velocity? I would love to rock a 20"ish and be at 2800ish. The numbers look damn good to me. I'm easily amused and I rock a 308.
[/QUOTE/]

I just spun a 25x47 for my daughter at 24 inches. She has 60 rounds on it and shooting the lower side of Varget is getting 2785.

Reactions: winniedonkey

@winniedonkey , it’s 24” and fully capable of running 2970 FPS. I just really like the recoil/performance balance at the lower node. I’m guessing 2800 would be doable in a 20”

Reactions: winniedonkey