• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 260 20" barrel report

Re: 260 20" barrel report

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is good numbers for 6.5x47. The moly seems to help with the velocity.It seems to give a little bit more out of the gun. </div></div>Dar how is it you get extra speed with moly as it does the exact oppersite ?you would have to load hotter to get the same speeds as a raw projo

I did have to increase the powder charge. I drop the cahrge 3tenths of a grain and go to go on the load. Moly did I think help me gain a little more speed. There is plus and minus about moly. For what I do with this gun. It works great.

This load will shoot good in both rifles and under a moa easy.

Great 260 info Dar. I have been getting 2990 out of a 22.5" bartlein with 130 vld, 45.9gr h4350, no signs of pressure.

The 130 vld's and 123's seem to work great in the 6.5 cart. Shoots flatter and comparable numbers to shooting heavier bullets. Around 3000 plus the bullet seems to preform.

Yesterday I shot a video for the training section with my 21" AW chambered in 260.

Used the 130VLD w/ 44grs of H4350, muzzle velocity is 2850fps.

At 800yards I shot a 2.5" group which was completely covered by the small marker and in a 5-8mph wind it only needed .2 mils much to my surprise. Elevation was 5.2 mils at 800.

The same load in my 24" bbl'd 260 is 100fps more, but the drift is the same, only the elevation changes.