• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 barrel length??

Re: 260 barrel length??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember guys if you handload you can easily make up that velocity drop.</div></div>

Also remember that loading for ultimate precision and top velocity aren't the same thing. So while you could "make up" the velocity by loading hotter that may not be your top accuracy load. No matter how hot you load it will be faster in a longer barrel. Everything is a trade off so what is most important to you...... </div></div>

True, BUT it might be close. </div></div>

I honestly see no difference in accuracy from 2700 fps to 2900 fps with 140's in my .260. Limiting factor is case head expansion and primer pocket life.

John

Re: 260 barrel length??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">22" rock, 3190fps with 123smk </div></div>

That is SMOKING fast...

Care to share load data? </div></div> I'll post it later today, don't have my information with me currently. Also, no pressure signs in hot Arizona summer. </div></div>OAL 2.785(I think), Super performance 50.5gr, Rem .260 brass 123gr SMK