• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 brass forming

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
What is your favorite parent case for forming .260 rem brass? I have a bit of Remington 308 that I was thinking of forming into .260 Remington. Also, which die sets would you recommend for forming, size and seating.

Winchester 7-08 is the most popular but, since Lapua began making it, what's the point?

Redding dies.

Last edited:
What is your favorite parent case for forming .260 rem brass? I have a bit of Remington 308 that I was thinking of forming into .260 Remington. Also, which die sets would you recommend for forming, size and seating.

You'll most likely have to turn your necks if you use 308 brass. 7mm-08 brass or neck up 243. I've shot necked down 7mm-08 with no issues and recently necked up a batch of 243 but not yet loaded them.

Winchester 7-08 is the most popular but, since Lapua began making it, what's the point?

Redding dies.

I was just wondering, is Lapua brass worth $1.10 a piece? Currently, Lapua is available but I am in not hurry as my DTA is not yet shipped :(

Last edited:
I have been necking up .243 Winchester brass pretty successfully, and it actually seems to be good brass. I bought a box of Nosler 7mm-08 brass last weekend that I necked down and am going to see how it does. At almost $60 per box of 50 for the Nosler, I guess I would've been better off buying Lapua in hindsight. Hopefully it works out, the Nosler stuff seems pretty nice.

It would depend on how hot you intend to run your loads. That brass will last through many reloadings if you don't loosen the primer pockets.

I was just wondering, is Lapua brass worth $1.10 a piece? Currently, Lapua is available but I am in not hurry as my DTA is not yet shipped :(