• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

260 Build is finished

eric.s

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
Started as a rem700 acc-sd. Trued Action/ schneider 26'' 1-8 rem varmint contour/ badger base, bottom metal, recoil lug, rings, and bolt knob/ timney trigger/ mcmillan a5 sniper fill stock (painted stock myself using stencils and spray paint, GAP flectarn theme)/Bushnell ERS/ Harris bipod/ TBAC 30p-1. Built by W.A.R Rifles out of Manassas VA. Action and barrel are cerakoted fde. Blind thread protector. Still working on developing a load. (Groups are 3 round,100 yards, shooting prone with a rear bag)

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks Anthony! Well I only chrono'd 45.7 grains of 4831sc at 2788fps average (which is what Hodgdon recommends as the max). However I loaded up to 47.7 with no pressure signs. Only problem is they are definitely compressed loads at 2.810 OAL. I was told that since 4831sc is a slower burning powder I won't burn the throat/barrel out as fast vs 4350. Still breaking in the barrel though and developing a load. I'm gonna chrono 46.5-47 next time and seat the bullets out further.

Thanks Anthony! Well I only chrono'd 45.7 grains of 4831sc at 2788fps average (which is what Hodgdon recommends as the max). However I loaded up to 47.7 with no pressure signs. Only problem is they are definitely compressed loads at 2.810 OAL. I was told that since 4831sc is a slower burning powder I won't burn the throat/barrel out as fast vs 4350. Still breaking in the barrel though and developing a load. I'm gonna chrono 46.5-47 next time and seat the bullets out further.
I know that a lot of people like their .260s to go faster, but I like the speed I have at just under 2800. It's accurate as all get out and I'm fine out to 1200 yds so far.

Nice shooting rifle!

I know that a lot of people like their .260s to go faster, but I like the speed I have at just under 2800. It's accurate as all get out and I'm fine out to 1200 yds so far.

Nice shooting rifle!

Thanks Lash. Yeah I may end up sticking with something slower if it still preforms well at 1200 yds as well. Right now I was aiming for an accurate node at something more like 2800 - 2850 fps.

Brooooo good to see you're on the hide! It's Luis. The gun's looking solid man. When we get back up to Lejeune I'm gonna have to take a trip up so we can shoot. Hopefully I'll have my new barrel by then so I can keep up with your laser beam.

Brooooo good to see you're on the hide! It's Luis. The gun's looking solid man. When we get back up to Lejeune I'm gonna have to take a trip up so we can shoot. Hopefully I'll have my new barrel by then so I can keep up with your laser beam.

haha dude, when you go to Lejeune you'll definitely have to head up and shoot (about a 6 1/2 hr drive). Maybe go to one of the local matches?

Funny, ill be done in Lejeune in 3 weeks......

I'd stick with that load Eric if you're getting those groups and still touching almost 2800 fps. It'll get er dun

haha dude, when you go to Lejeune you'll definitely have to head up and shoot (about a 6 1/2 hr drive). Maybe go to one of the local matches?

Yeah man Id be down even just a weekend trip if it comes down to it. Do you guys have a lot of local matches? Hopefully there's something around Jacksonville. I think I saw a few PRS matches around NC for 2015.

Yeah man Id be down even just a weekend trip if it comes down to it. Do you guys have a lot of local matches? Hopefully there's something around Jacksonville. I think I saw a few PRS matches around NC for 2015.
Yeah man, the range I go to = peacemaker national. Holds a long range comp and dmr comp every month (maybe not in the winter?) You always have woody's in NC. I plan to do woodys and if peacemaker holds another prs match next year, that as well. We'll talk later maybe do some car pooling to further matches next season as well. You still have plenty of time if you plan to rebarrel before next season.

Funny, ill be done in Lejeune in 3 weeks......

I'd stick with that load Eric if you're getting those groups and still touching almost 2800 fps. It'll get er dun

Yeah man that's what I'm thinking. Congrats on being done with Lejeune haha.

I was done with Lejeune in 2006 man. Ill be DOWN in Lejeune (what I meant to say) in 3 weeks visiting a friend. Its changed a lot

I was done with Lejeune in 2006 man. Ill be DOWN in Lejeune (what I meant to say) in 3 weeks visiting a friend. Its changed a lot

Ohh, haha ok. Yeah I bet. I'll have to go down sometime soon and visit my friends and strippers haha. Get a tat and go to Tobies.

I been shooting PNTC a lot lately,will be shooting my 260 and 300 wm there this weekend and again on the 25th for the LR match. Am over here in FFX, that is one nice rifle, I run mine with 140 smk's and H4350.

Yeah man, the range I go to = peacemaker national. Holds a long range comp and dmr comp every month (maybe not in the winter?) You always have woody's in NC. I plan to do woodys and if peacemaker holds another prs match next year, that as well. We'll talk later maybe do some car pooling to further matches next season as well. You still have plenty of time if you plan to rebarrel before next season.

I been shooting PNTC a lot lately,will be shooting my 260 and 300 wm there this weekend and again on the 25th for the LR match. Am over here in FFX, that is one nice rifle, I run mine with 140 smk's and H4350.

Thanks Jerry. Yeah I'm going on the 25th for the LR and DMR match and possibly this weekend.

Yeah dude sounds like a plan.