• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Build?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
hey guys, new to the forum, but am planning a 260 build and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on components. it will be a multi purpose rifle, something i can take to the range and be able to get great accuracy and shoot long (700-800ish) yards with, but still light enough to hunt with. also, i will have the barrel threaded for a can so it will need to have ~0.7" muzzle. any info would be appreciated.

Re: 260 Build?

thanks, found a few good things in there. i was really hoping to keep the weight w/o the scope under 8 lbs.

my 260 will be done in a month or so. im building it for the exact purpose you are. my compenents

stiler action
shielin #5 26 inch barrel
rifle basics trigger
manners t5 stock
stiler 0moa base
uso rings
falcon menace 5-25 scope. im goin to use holdovers on hunting rifles. im going to see what i think of ffp on the falcon then either go back to a nf with a npr1 recticle or look into uso/s&b optics if i like ffp. basically i didn't want to spend 2500 on a scope and then say "shit i hate ffp"

one concern i had with my rifle was barrel length. i didn't know if i wanted 24 or 26 inch. i figured it would be easier to chop off a couple inches than to weld a couple inches on

Good luck on the weight, my savage 110/krieger .260rem, (24" 1/8) comes in at 11 pounds without a bi-pod. Shoots sweet, just a little heavy after a days hike. blue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluealtered</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck on the weight, my savage 110/krieger .260rem, (24" 1/8) comes in at 11 pounds without a bi-pod. Shoots sweet, just a little heavy after a days hike. blue </div></div>

what contour kreiger? also is the 11 lbs with or without optics

Here's how I'd do it.

Rem 700
A1-3 McMillan, EDGE tech stock
Rem Varmint contour barrel, deep flutes
Kiff Aluminum bottom metal, bdl style
Nightforce 2 piece base
Nightforce TI lightweight rings
Some 30mm scope.....

If you want a DM system then I'd go Surgeon, but it will add weight.

yeah 8 pounds is probably not realistic. i'd just like to be able to take it on a sheep hunt or something like that if i wanted to. i'd probably keep the barrel as short as practical, to save a little weight.