• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

260 Rem Berger 140gn VLDS

Trigger puller UK

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
UK lincolnshire
Hi all

Ive been developing a new load for my 260 Rem using Bergers 140gn VLDS, Ive found that 42.3gns of H3450 is the hotest I can load in my rifle before I hit pressure. At 42.3gns I start to get flattening and primer blow backs that almost looks like a nipple in stead of a crater type strike. The seating depth of the bullet while starting my load development was 0.20" jump. Ive shot another OCW test and have also found the bullets sweet spot of 0.80" jump. 42gns of H4350 work very well with a average fps of 2704 with no pressure signs producing a 0.239" 3 round group at 100yds. Im interested to hear what other shooters experience's are using this bullet and powder combo? what fps is the most optimum using this bullet?

The rifle and components I'm using are as follows.

Rifle Accuracy International AX
Border barrle 26" 1-8.5 twist
Leupold tatical mark 4, 8.5-25x50 scope

Berger 140gn VLD
Lapua 260 Rem brass
CCIBR2 Primers
H4350 Powder
0.80" Jump (Ive found thats where my rifle like's it)

Any information you have will be greatly appreciated.

Ady UK

Re: 260 Rem Berger 140gn VLDS

I just got back a rifle i had built in 260 ackley. Testing loads and blowing out brass I found that 42.8 grs of H4350 was max in my gun. I'm using Lapua brass and the sierra 140gr matchking. I've got some 140 gr bergers but havent tried them yet. 41.5 grs of H4350 gave me .5 inch groups at .010 off the lands.