• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 Rem Match ammo from Federal.

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
O.K. everyone, it is finally here! . . . . . . Factory loaded match ammo for .260 Rem. This morning at S.H.O.T., Federal – ATK will be publicly announcing their new GM260M.

Federal has made it a priority to finish development of this new factory Match loading and it looks very good. Their priority was accuracy, tight E.S./S.D., low temp sensitivity and velocity pretty much in that order.

With their long standing relationship and solid track record with Sierra Bullets, it should be no surprise that this load will use Sierra’s 142MK. This load is officially added to their Gold Medal line and is listed in their 2012 catalog. That catalog dedicates a section (page 19) to this new loading with direct comparisons to the 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua and .300 Win Mag.

Oh yeah, they are also introducing a 2nd Gold Medal loading for the .338 Lapua Magnum using 300gr MK. (GM338LM2)

Very cool to see that some of the larger, well established companies are being responsive and trying to work with some of our shooting disciplines!

If the accuracy of this stuff hangs with the GM308M, and I think it will, it will be the bomb!

Cheers,
Terry

Re: .260 Rem Match ammo from Federal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tricky Dickey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a good new source for brass too. </div></div>

Fed already made hunting ammo for .260, but I guess a guy can buy the match and shoot it for the brass.

This may convince me to turn my extra action into a .260 Rem. I'd be down for factory .260 ammo if they can get the price down around current .308 prices from Palmetto.

...well there goes one argument in the 6.5 Creedmoor's favor...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...well there goes one argument in the 6.5 Creedmoor's favor... </div></div>

nvm

I have a rifle ready to be chambered to shoot that ammo, to see how the Federal factory match .260 performs. Care to build it for me, Terry?
wink.gif

Holy shi* it's about time 260 getting some more respect! Even if it's a bit pricey I'm still going to try out. Thanks for the FYI Terry!

Good to see, hope they keep adding to the line up. Someone mention to the higher ups that redirt wants some 7mm08 haha

that is a great news as long as they are more accurate and less expensive than my reloads.

Great news....now if they will only start offering 7mm-08 GFMM with 150gr SMKs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to see, hope they keep adding to the line up. Someone mention to the higher ups that redirt wants some 7mm08 haha
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great news....now if they will only start offering 7mm-08 GFMM with 150gr SMKs! </div></div>

There's two customers, now they have to make it haha

This is great news! I was undecided between the 260 rem and 6.5 creedmor. The fact that I don't shoot enough lately to warrant reloading I was leaning towards the 6.5 cm. Now that Federal is producing this ammo I think I just might go 260 Rem. I just hope they price it at $20 or under!

I am less concerned about pricing than I am about performance. Do we know anything about MV/barrel length info?

$20 per 20rd of match ammo? Not likely these days. Googling for Fed .260 Rem ammo shows listings at between $30 and $40 per 20.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: graywolf.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWAmmo makes .260 ammo with Lapua already. I have some ordered, haven't tried it yet. </div></div>I have and it is really good. SW Ammo is a hide vendor and they do a great job, really nice .308 selection as well.

Wish I knew the street price...

Zak,

If you need any help converting live into empty, just let me know!

Seriously, I'd like to hear how it shoots. Please keep us posted.

Neil

Think I'll stick with my reloads which shoot great and i know will be cheaper than Federal GM.

Tag. If it's as expensive as Southwest, I'm out.

I think thyell have a hard time getting it as cheap as the 140gr Hornady 6.5cm. Either way, its nice to see the cartridge getting some respect.

Even so. Having a few manufactured boxes for back up is my policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tkifer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think I'll stick with my reloads which shoot great and i know will be cheaper than Federal GM. </div></div>

I asked about availability of 260 Rem FGMM on Federal's Facebook page, and they said:

"The first batch will hit (stores) in mid to late April."

We'll see...

It's great news for us non-reloaders. If the price is right, it may be time to get a 260 or rebarrel the 308. Lookin forward to Zak's review of his secret squirrel stash of the FGMM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roddd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's great news for us non-reloaders. If the price is right, it may be time to get a 260 or rebarrel the 308. Lookin forward to Zak's review of his secret squirrel stash of the FGMM. </div></div>

Ditto. I would love to build a semi-auto .260, but the price of the ammo has been holding me back. Hopefully this stuff comes in a reasonable price point for us non-reloaders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roddd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's great news for us non-reloaders. If the price is right, it may be time to get a 260 or rebarrel the 308. Lookin forward to Zak's review of his secret squirrel stash of the FGMM. </div></div>

Ditto. I would love to build a semi-auto .260, but the price of the ammo has been holding me back. Hopefully this stuff comes in a reasonable price point for us non-reloaders.</div></div>

FYI for people looking for a gas gun chambered in 260, JP already has a platform. http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

Based on the dealer price I'm seeing, this will retail for around $35-$40/box.

With .308 going for under $20/box, I'd really hoped to see this for $25 or so. Still, good to see more options for .260.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on the dealer price I'm seeing, this will retail for around $35-$40/box.</div></div>

Can't imagine they'll sell very much at that price point...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on the dealer price I'm seeing, this will retail for around $35-$40/box.

With .308 going for under $20/box, I'd really hoped to see this for $25 or so. Still, good to see more options for .260. </div></div>

I sure hope its in the $25 range, I'd buy some at that price. .308 is under $20 most of the time.

The brass has the same material as .308 Win. The primer is the same. The powder surely doesn't cost any more and bullets should actually be cheaper. The only thing that should make it cost more is scale (ie: setting up production).

hell at $2 a pop you can buy from southwestammo and get lapua brass and 139 scenars for the same price. plus you have better brass left over to reload later.