• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

260 REM or 6.5 Creedmoor

Chuck Norris uses a 6.5 Creedmoor!

Because his 260 causes the Earth to change rotation.

Back to the OP: I now have a 260, but I believe when it comes time to rebarrel it will end up as a CM. Not that there's anything wrong with the 260, but brass has been a pain in the ass to find unless you run Lapua at $1+ per piece. With the availability of off the shelf match grade ammo, good brass that's decently priced (and available), and speeds pretty much in line with what most are running in their 260's, I see no reason NOT to go with the 6.5CM personally.

Originally Posted by nuclear_shooter

Just curious, but why do you say this? I'm thinking about 260 myself. Just a lack of good commercial ammo?

I don't think there is any factory ammo in .260 rem , you are going to have to reload this caliber

But there is 6.5 CM factory ammo out there and its pretty good quality , actually exellente

Check out copper creek they got plenty of good 260 ammo. Plus do custom loadings to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want me to say I am wrong because you will feel better about your manhood than I am wrong. I stand behind what I said sleep well master.

It takes a Man to admit he made a mistake, so I thank you for your humility in doing so.
Heated debate aside they are both really good cartridges as is the 6.5 Lapua. It like comparing the Porsche to the Ferrari to the Lamborghini. They are all awesome in there own. I don't think anyone has chose one and been like, "damn this totally sucks I should've went with the .308". Granted some may find out that certain benefits of one cartridge work out better for there needs, there really isn't a "better of the two, or even three". Lowlight said it best. Now let's talk about why the .243 is superior to the 6CM.

One factor that may/may not have an influence on your decision is if your current Rem700aid a long or short action.

I am about 3 weeks away from receiving my .260. I have also been reloading for my buddy who has a 6.5creedmoor. So my opinions are based off too many hours on quickload, countless hours of research, and asking experienced shooters opinions for the .260, and actual experience with reloading/shooting the 6.5CM. So.... I think the .260 has greater potential, but the 6.5CM is probably an "easier" cartridge to load to the cartridges max potential. Simply put, they are almost identical balistically and you won't go wrong either. As stated above, if your newer to reloading though, I would say hands down go with the 6.5CM.

Everyone keeps talking about no good factory ammo for the 260 but the gold medal match will come out eventually.

I thought it was already out, seems like 2 yrs ago that i heard about fgmm for 260. My creedmoor never formed donuts in the case nks....can't say that about my 260 using lapua or nosler 260 brass.

FGMM 260 is unobtanium to the public...a rainbow-encrusted unicorn from the land of 162 Amaxes and H4350.

I do recall a picture a year or two ago with Terry Cross (maybe?) having case upon case of the stuff...?

Yeah boiler, that was where i saw it. Seems like expected retail on it was mid 40s. What 260 ammo is available that is 24.00a box for match grade quality? I think i hear crickets, lol. Actually i should check my price on 6.5 cm ammo, is it still 23-25/ box for 140 amax?

Just for anyone who might be interested, while at SHOT I spoke with Hornady's Senior Ballistician Dave Emary, who I would venture knows more about ballistics than anyone here and also developed the 6.5 Creedmoor, and told him about this thread and the barrel life claims of the .260 being from 10-50% more barrel life. He just shook his head and chuckled and said no way. More powder in the .260 and the better Creedmoor shoulder angle will give you better barrel life with the Creedmoor, all things being the same. Just wanted to pass that info on.