• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 results with Reloader 17 & 123 Lapuas

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
Guys, I got a chance to shoot some loads with R-17 and the 123s. I had shot a load of 43.5grs across the cronograph a couple of weeks ago an it averaged 2990+fps with the 123s. Because we were shooting a bunch of loads across the crono at the same time I didn't get a chance to check the accuracy.

Last night the wind dropped so I grabbed my stuff an headed for the range an by the time I got set up it started blowing again. So I went to the 100yd line an I shot this load at 100yds. It went into a .565 but I had tossed one high. I had called it so it probably would have been a better group without my flyier.

The wind was starting to really pick up so I jumped to my 44.5gr load an it shot into a .360 for 5 shots. I am sure that this load being a full grain hotter would be close to 3100fps out of my rifle. I know one group does not make a load but it does show some promice. There was no sign of pressure or stiff bolt lift. It does have a sharper crack to it though.

When I get a chance I will shoot it again at longer ranges to see what it does and keep you guys posted. It would be nice to be able to push the 123 to close to 3100fps!!

Re: 260 results with Reloader 17 & 123 Lapuas

It would be nice to be able to push the 123 to close to 3100fps!!
Hey there Raptor99.Yah it would!!.I like R-17

Steve