• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 29 palms / joshua tree / palm springs

what days would you want to shoot camp

• march 23-24 w/ sun being the primary day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoot Saturday, who cares beyond that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I already took the 4 day Rifle Marksmanship course in the Spring. This one is the 2 day skill builder. I learned a lot, but I'm pretty new to shooting. I'm hoping to build on what I learned last time. The challenge for most is the shots from standing.

Reactions: kriller134
I'll be in the Rancho Mirage area December 22 through January 4th and I'm looking for a place to shoot while I'm there. I'd love to get access out to 800ish yards. Is Pala the best option for me? I won't be able to bring much in the way of targets with me, and I can only do day trips (no camping), so it might be a better option than the BLM locations posted in this thread.

I'd appreciate any advice. Or if anyone else wants to head out we could plan a meetup?

So, I'm back in Cali from the east coast. Has there been a consensus on something between the 23-26th?

Unless something more important pops up, I do believe I'll be available somewhere in there.

I'll be in the Rancho Mirage area December 22 through January 4th and I'm looking for a place to shoot while I'm there. I'd love to get access out to 800ish yards. Is Pala the best option for me? I won't be able to bring much in the way of targets with me, and I can only do day trips (no camping), so it might be a better option than the BLM locations posted in this thread.

I'd appreciate any advice. Or if anyone else wants to head out we could plan a meetup?

Yes, Pala is an absolutely AWESOME range. They have steel out to 880 yards.

Reactions: rob.sfo
Depends on when in March. I’ll be at the guardian match towards the end of March.

my teep is full from now until...…… fuck Im busy.

I may join if yall set something up but idk that I will be able to commit to anything, very little white space on my end.

Last edited:
Daaaaaang. Weather forecast changed bigly with the rain today. Winds were gonna be 5-10 mph..... now Winds gonna be 15-25 all day, calming down at night.

Screenshot_20200209-205752_Chrome.jpg

ive been out there in that type of wind, and normally i say shooting in wind makes you better, but when its goes from 5-35-15-10 in a matter of ten seconds its very unproductive.

ive been out there in that type of wind, and normally i say shooting in wind makes you better, but when its goes from 5-35-15-10 in a matter of ten seconds its very unproductive.
Exactly. And when it switches speeds and from half value, full value, no value, etc in the same 10 seconds its frustrating

Sorry to bump up an older thread, but we are relocating from Northern VA to San Diego in OCT. This will be our first time living in Cali, and want to get plugged in to the PRS/LR community quickly.

Looking forward to the new scene.

Reactions: dspjaggar
Sorry to bump up an older thread, but we are relocating from Northern VA to San Diego in OCT. This will be our first time living in Cali, and want to get plugged in to the PRS/LR community quickly.

Looking forward to the new scene.

RAD, there is PALA closer to SD to shoot i think they have an 800? yard range, and i know camp Pendleton has a range you can use if military, i think its 1k now but i dont know. both places have comps i believe. im pretty sure the san margarita gun club hosts on base, not sure about pala, i sure someone will chime in with more details.

im actually moving to SD this fall as well.

we wanted to set up another desert fiasco but it wasnt in the cards. too damn hot now lol

Reactions: chrome
RAD, there is PALA closer to SD to shoot i think they have an 800? yard range, and i know camp Pendleton has a range you can use if military, i think its 1k now but i dont know. both places have comps i believe. im pretty sure the san margarita gun club hosts on base, not sure about pala, i sure someone will chime in with more details.

im actually moving to SD this fall as well.

we wanted to set up another desert fiasco but it wasnt in the cards. too damn hot now lol

Thx. I think I saw 29 Palms and/or Pendleton have a similar "Shooting Club" that allows those who have MIL ID's to come on base and shoot on their ranges. We have a similar club here in Virginia that lets us come onto Quantico MCB and use their ranges almost every weekend.

Reactions: dspjaggar
Count me in. Brand new to the area and havent shot in a few weeks.