• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Annual 2013 Bushnell Brawl at Rifles Only

Beamer Girl

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2004
Texas
www.riflesonly.com
Ok, competition dates have been set for March 1-2, 2013. Competition Train-up will be February 25-27. Sponsor Demo Day will be February 28th. Registration is currently planned for January 7th but that might change due to our schedule. I will keep everyone posted. We have already started to receive prizes and we have several new events planned. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new shooters! I will be posting info on our website, our facebook, and the forum so stay tuned!

Re: 2nd Annual 2013 Bushnell Brawl at Rifles Only

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

Is sign up still January 7th? If so What time? I work nights and I'll have to stay up to register but it'd be worth it.

From their facebook page.

I have been getting tons of emails about registration so I just wanted to put some details out there to answer some of the questions. Registration will open up at 10am central time Monday the 7th of January. The actual registration page will not show up until 5-10 minutes ahead of 10am. I should have more details up on the Rifles Only website soon. If anything changes between now and then I will post here. Here is the link to the page for easy access:
http://www.riflesonly.com/up-and-coming/2013/0301-55.html

Can someone tell me what "train-up day" is? I'm new to this. Yeah, it's probably a stupid question!!!

Feb 25-27 it's on there site

Is this spectator friendly?
I like to at least check it out.

Anybody trying to split a cheap hotel room in Kingsville at the Hampton Inn or another hotel nearby? Just found out the Bunk House will probably be full.

We were told that the hotels in Kingsville are almost booked that weekend. If you have not made reservations yet, please do so.

Ok, I have an idea that may be well received or not. I was making a small donation to Chris Kyle's and Chad Littlefield's families and I noticed Craft International had t-shirts for sale. I thought it would be cool if a bunch of us wore Craft gear to the Bushnell match. I ordered 2 shirts and they are backordered but should be here by March 1.

For those of you not from Texas he was great Navy Seal Sniper. To those of us from Texas, he represents everything good about who Texans are.

For those that have shot this before,Do gas guns have to empty and lock bolt to move from position?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that have shot this before,Do gas guns have to empty and lock bolt to move from position?</div></div>

I won't speak for Jacob and Lisa, but at past matches all movement was done with the bolt back and mag out...to include gassers.

Just found out that I have left my 3 extra mags for my pistol with my stepbrother and I will not be able to retrieve them before I leave in the morning. Do you think (1) 13 round mag will be suffiencent to run at the brawl?

Guess everyone is too beat, tired, or hung over to post much at the end of day one of shooting a great match. Worth the price of admission just for the Hellicopter ride...getting to shoot out of the Helo was a BIG bonus, thanks to Bushnell for that one!!! Looking forward to day two.

I had a great time and met some awesome people. I hoping that someone will post pics of the scores so I'll know where I ended up at.

Thank you to Jacob and Lisa for putting on a great match. The match was very challenging and the COF was a lot of fun. Big turn out with 83 shooters. Great to meet some new guys! Thank you to Bushnell and all the sponsors for the amazing prize table.
Top Ten:
Wade Stuteville
Jonathan Berry
Bryan Yueng
Adam Lucksinger
Bannon Eldridge
Chase Stroud
George Gardner
Nathan Pirtle
Michael Voight
Tate Moots

Good times as always! Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, Lindy, and Bushnell, for putting on the most challenging match I have ever shot in. Thanks to all the RO's who volunteered there time to help...you guys did a great job. Thanks to all the sponsors who donated to the prize table. In today's times, most venders/sponsors do not have the product on hand as they would in the past....despite this the prize table was very fat overloaded with great gear. The sponsors really sacrificed in order to support our sport and it's shooters....Thank You is not enough! It was good to see everybody and it was nice to meet new friends/ fellow shooters.

To us Corpus guys....You did GOOD! Stan, as always you shot awesome and set the benchmark for us all. Bill, your an inspiration to me and a great shooter. Pete, great shooting and thanks for passing on all the knowledge. Kirby, for your first precision rifle match...you shot awesome, your only going to continue to get better. Eric, it was great to meet you finally, and I hope you continue shooting...we'll see you soon. To the rest of the guys...great shooting!

Someone post some pictures....Pete?

Chance

That was an awesome match guys! Big thanks to Jacob, Lisa, and every one of the helpers from the RO's to the BBQ chefs! You guys really put together a super fun and really challenging match for all of us to shoot. Also big thanks to all of the sponsors for all of the generous contributions to the match and prize table, especially to Tom Fuller and the great folks from Bushnell. I can't count how many stages that were so fun, I wanted to shoot them right away again, just for the fun of it! I look forward to the next time I get to shoot with you all. The 10% berzeker stage sponsored by the guys at tactical matches site really kicked my ass! That was a wake up call that i need to get into better shape! Big congrats to Wade, Jonathan, Adam and Bryan. I'll post up pics and videos once I get back to the people's republic of California.

Rich

What a match. BIG thanks to Jacob, Lisa, the RO's and support staff. Tom Fuller of Bushell. Congras to the winner.

The prize table was BIG. In this day in age with everything that is going on many sponsors stepped up and provide many items for the prize table. Magpul gave a bunch of their mags. Eveyone that shot the match needs to send an email or make a phone call to these sponsors. This will go a long way to having these type of prize tables.

I had a GREAT time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The Corpus group was in full force at this match. They also brought out some observes to watch and some are planning to shoot next year. Von wade it was GREAT to see you again.

Now for the photos. Here you go Chance.

BB10.JPG

BB11.JPG

BB12.JPG

BB13.JPG

BB14.JPG

BB15.JPG

BB16.JPG

Last edited:
Holy cow I got my ass kicked but learned so much all the shooters are great people thanks Lisa and Jacob it was a pleasure shooting at rifles only. I showed up not exactly sure what to expect and lots of gun feeding problems bit I'm going to learn from my mistakes and hopefully come back next year more prepared and practiced up. Thanks to bushnell and all the sponsors all I got to say is wow even I left the price table with more than I deserved thx rifles only.....

Rifles Only continues to bring it to the next level. Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, and ALL of the RO's for a wonderful match. Thanks to the competitors for making it safe and run smoothly. Major thanks to the folks at Bushnell...Tom Fuller is one of the best ambassadors that any manufacturer could have. I love it down there, and am ready to go back for more.

To Kevin Drake, Johnny from OSS, Berry, and everyone else in the truck with me during the "incident"...my apologies for almost turning the truck into and upside down boat, and please send me the drycleaning bill for your pants. The Ford Raptor, however, took that drop in stride, and I couldn't have been prouder!

Jacob and Lisa, you guys are the absolute best. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

To Kevin Drake, Johnny from OSS, Berry, and everyone else in the truck with me during the "incident"...my apologies for almost turning the truck into and upside down boat, and please send me the drycleaning bill for your pants. The Ford Raptor, however, took that drop in stride, and I couldn't have been prouder!

What happens at RO stay at RO. Hope everyone is alright.

I was one of the observers who will be shooting next year. It looked like a blast and I was wishing I was shooting. I snapped a few crappy cell phone pics:

The start of the day:

Action shot of Chance:

Chance shooting off the net:

Bill in the chopper:

Rifles Only continues to bring it to the next level. Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, and ALL of the RO's for a wonderful match. Thanks to the competitors for making it safe and run smoothly. Major thanks to the folks at Bushnell...Tom Fuller is one of the best ambassadors that any manufacturer could have. I love it down there, and am ready to go back for more.

Jacob and Lisa, you guys are the absolute best. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Continue...

This was my first tactical match, and while I realize I jumped straight in to the deep end, I am glad I did. Friggen awesome! I placed in the bottom half, but given the skill of all the participants, I am damn proud of myself. Lisa and Jacob, you bet your ass I will be back next year!!!

What can I say?! Another awesome match!!
Again the stages were challenging, the targets were small, the movers were paper, and there was very little prone shooting.
Again you can't give-up any points to shooters who are this good: Run the numbers... Blow one stage and it drops you from the top ten.
Congrats to Jacob, Lisa and crew for an innovative and smoothly-run match.
Thanks to FN and Bushnell in particular: They stepped-up big-time, which made for a very deep prize table.
It was fun to see so many friends again, and to make a few new ones: 1stBN, 3rd BN, 3rd Group, NG and Marines all represented very-well indeed.
The quality of the Range-officering appears to be getting better and better every year. Thanks to everyone who broiled in the sun - and to Todd, who saw that I hit the wrong target...
Finally, a special thank you to the 'complaints department' for sacrificing your tire mounts on our off-road ride - hope the dealer fixes it for you and thanks for the back seat.

Last edited:
Good times were had once again at Rifles Only. Thanks Jacob, Lisa, Lindy, and everyone that worked the match so we can shoot. You guys put on a great event. The after match shinanigans are worth staying for. I have already emailed thank you letters to the sponsor for the prize I picked up.