• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 1/2 Hour Snowshoe above 10,000 ASL

RayDog

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2001
Fort Collins, CO
Went out with my girlfriend, cousin and friend for a short snowshoe. We ended up spending a few hours right at about 10,000 feet.
Here's a couple photos. First one is my girlfriend on one of the slight climbs through the trees. SNow looks pretty packed but if you took off your shoes like my cousin did you sink to your hips.
photo-1.jpg

Here's one of me at a little over 10k
photo.jpg

As some of you know once you start going over 10 things start to change. Going hard for a few hours at that altitude is a good workout

Re: 3 1/2 Hour Snowshoe above 10,000 ASL

Up near Brainard Lake? Indian Peaks Wilderness in the background?

Looks like a sweet time and a good heart pounding workout. Epic calorie burn above 10,000 feet!

+1 for snowshoeing. One of my fav parts of back country snowboarding out West! RayDog - we'll have to link-up when I roll to WY this winter. Looks awesome!

That looks a lot like where I cut my Christmas tree, lol. That altitude is killer!

Love the snow. Would like to try this sometime. The view is amazing.