• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 3 electronic calls - on the fence

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
looking at thre E calls, i'm favoring the wildfire and turbo dogg out of the three:

foxpro wildfire (199.00)

primos turbo dogg (179.00)

primos alpha dog (299.00)

i like the compactness / lightweight of the wildfire and turbo dogg. i like the controls on the turbo dog's remote better than the foxpro.

the foxpro has a 3 yr warranty

the alpha dog is a bit bigger and heavier, but i like the legs and the positionable 3 speaker setup

foxpro uses less batteries than the primos

both are programmable, i've plenty of reviews that the turbo connectivty to the remote has problems on occasion.

haven't heard any remote problems with the foxpro.

i'm kinda on the fence, what do you think? (i've PM'd sendero man and used the search too)

Re: 3 electronic calls - on the fence

Foxpro is my choice. Everytime I have had a question or problem(I didnt understand downloading sounds to my caller) they have been great to deal with. No experience with the other two so not knocking them just a positive comment on the Foxpro products

I haven't had any trouble with my Turbo Dogg connecting with the speaker as long as its within about 75 yards. Out past that you need a clear line of sight to the speaker. I never set mine up any farther than about 50-60 yards anyway so it's not an issue for me. If I had it to do over I would have bought the Alpha Dogg. It's not that much bigger than the Turbo Dogg and it's a little louder. Btw Natchez Shooters supply has both on sale right now. Check em out

I've had very good service from a FoxPro Fury.
I've never used either of the other calls you mentioned.

No clue about the Primos calls...but FoxPro gets it done!

Buy it, call, kill dogs!

Know a couple of people with the Fox Pros and they love them. I have the Johnny Stewart electric call and hate it.

We will be testing out a new Wildfire II over the next two weeks that we just got in. If you buy from Allpredatorcalls.com they will let you hand pick your 35 custom sounds for the same price ($199).

I have a WildFire and love it. Just might want to make it a little louder so an external speaker might be needed to call in the more wooded areas.

Good Luck

I have a Fox Pro and it works very well. Easy to down load new calls and battery life is acceptable, even in the very cold temps around here.

Never needed to try customer service, but my hunting partner did and was very happy with their assistance.

I had the Turbo Dogg (which is made in China) and had issues with the remote locking up, All I can say is Primos customer service is about as good as a pile of horse shit. Now i've got a Foxpro Wildfire II and its been amazing. The Foxbang feature is really nice and you can also select your 35 sounds that you want if you order directly from Foxpro.

Run from the Primos units, CS support is a joke, remote to base connections always dropping. I had 3 priomos units, the TD & AD, they all got sent back. Not one would work unless it was withing 30 feet of me out here, no matter the ranch I was calling on.
Heck the Flextone ER1 was 1000% better than the primos junk.
FOXPRO is the one you want, CS support cannot be beat.