• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 MILS RIGHT June Tactical Rifle Match

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
Guys,

Thanks to all of you shooters who attended the May match! We are getting ready to set up for the June match so I am posting some info. This is going to be a two man team match. One bolt gunner and one gas gunner. You will have to work as a team to complete this course of fire. Bolt gun distances to 1000 and gas gun distances to max of 500. 400 is probably more realistic but you never know what we will throw in on ya. Match was scheduled for the 25th but due to another match that day we are trying to accommodate folks and move this to Sunday the 26th. If this is a problem for anyone please let me know now before we make the move official. Price is $60.00 per person, so $120.00 per team. Please pre register for the match on the website www.3milsright.com I will post a paypal button today. If you want to send a check pm me and I can give you an address. This is limited to 30 teams. Trophies awarded to top three places, class winners, and drawings for an RPG suppressor and some other nice prizes. Thanks for your support. If you have any questions please pm me or email me.

Chuck
3 MILS RIGHT

Re: 3 MILS RIGHT June Tactical Rifle Match

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dallas12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two man sounds good. </div></div>

I got dibs on Justin!

Unless BK convinces me otherwise.

What is the date? I already registered for the OTS on the 24th 25th.

I'm going to try and make this one as well, but I think I'd drag scores down for a 2 man team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two man sounds good to me. All i need is a partner.</div></div>

I'm in.

tell me about July, it falls on my birthday, so I'm trying to make it....lol... maybe I can get away because "It's my birthday"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sharpstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two man sounds good to me. All i need is a partner.</div></div>

I'm in. </div></div>

OK we are in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Halligan, your not thinking of stealing my spotter are you? </div></div>

BK your spotter? Actually I think he's commited that day anyway.

Chuck, what distance should the spotter expect to shoot to?

I'll get something together - count me in! Sorry to hear that Halligan & Justin are already in groups. Those guys are good.

is this gonna be a gas gunner/bolt gunner duo or two bolt gunners or ?

Either way I'll try and make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhTexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get something together - count me in! Sorry to hear that Halligan & Justin are out. Those guys are good. </div></div>

Huh? Did I miss something? Are we not allowed to shoot?

BK won't be there just as he wasn't last weekend. I can't speak for Justin, he may not even want to shoot with me I was just trying to obligate him against his will.

Ok we have enough feedback now to make this a team match. One bolt gun and one gas gun spotter. Distance for the gas gunner will be no more than 500 yards. Bolt gun will have 1000 yard shots. This is going to be a teamwork match, you will have to work together to complete the stages. Should be like no other team match you have shot before. I expect all teams will REALLY enjoy this one. It will be warm so bring plenty of water. I will post an edit to this thread tomorrow so you can begin registering.

Actually Viking... as Lucks shoots a bolt as well, if you don't mind a rookie - I'll run with ya!

I have a gas gun, but it's just running an eotech w/ a 3X so I'd much rather run my bolt gun. If someone wanted to use my AR it's .223 Daniel Defense DDM4 V1. You'd just have to stick some glass on it for the match. It has a nice sling and plenty of mags.

Rookie seeking Rookie

Or R4R as I think it would be on craigslist.
no bears

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually Viking... as Lucks shoots a bolt as well, if you don't mind a rookie - I'll run with ya! </div></div>

Deal! Gonna be the blind leading the blind, but we'll figure it out!
smile.gif

IM inboud...

You going to have any cash payback?

Team match on Sunday will make for a busy weekend. Luckily its only 6 hours back home from the other match. Probably going to need a gasser for this one, but I'll know more tomorrow.

I can only Imagine the devilish stages that Chuck has in mind for this.

Chuck,

Are you having classes again ( Open, 308, LE etc) or is this all run what you brung?

Might be fun to specify, 308 or 223/5.56 only, that wind up there will make a few believers.....

I am looking foward to this match so much.We have been so busy dealing with this drought,we haven't had time to even look at a rifle.Will be good to visit with some Texas guys and relax for a day.None of us have ever been in competition with a gas gun so this should be interesting.
smile.gif

Still looking for a partner. I have a gas gun and a bolt , but my AR does not have magnified optics.

Guys stages were finalized this afternoon. All I can say is wow. This will test your teamwork skills to the max. I can assure you that there will be stages you cannot even imagine. I am very excited about this one. I almost want to shoot it myself. Everyone is going to have a blast.

Ok a few things we want everyone to think about. It is HOT right now and getting worse every day. PLEASE bring PLENTY of water to stay hydrated. We lost three shooters last match due to dehydration. This is no joke, this is all about having a good time, but if someone goes down a a heat casualty it's no fun. I cannot stress hydration enough. We went through four cases of water and two cases of gatoraid last time and we still had fall outs. We do not have water at the range so bring plenty with you. My suggestion is a case per team. This may sound like overkill, but you will thank me later.

It's dusty and sandy on the range, several weapons had malfunctions so might want to bring cleaning gear to keep your gear up and running right. Nothing more frustrating than gear malfunctions.

We took a few breaks last match after stages 3 and 6, we won't be doing that this time. We have to keep on pace this time to get all the stages in. This being said, you will have to eat in your down time between shooters.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the new guys so if you know anyone interested pass the info about the match along. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or give me a call

One question I have had by a few guys is " can both shooters run gas guns?". The answer is yes. If your gas gun is capable of 1000 yard hits and is 6mm or better you are good. Nothing smaller than 6mm allowed on 1k range.

Well shit on a shingle...I overlooked that real important piece in the middle of your annc that it was moved from Sat to Sun. I can't do Sun. NUTZ! (pause for a Tourettes outbreak!)

Sorry "Lo-cap" for leavin' ya hangin' brother...I gotta bow out!
I fell
sleep.gif
at the wheel reading this! I was reeling in the 'afterglow' from the previous match. I'll be there for the July match...if it stays on Sat!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wedding the 25th.

shooting 26th, very possible. </div></div>

still waiting on ya....did you lose my phone number? damn po-po

If its now on thw 26th I'm out. I love shooting comps but it's not worth the castration that would happen to me if I missed my Wife's evwnt on Sunday. I sold a piece of my soul to get work covered for that Saturday. Perfect end to my shitty day<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">June 25 </div></div>

This was changed on June 1st. The date changed tp accommodate all of you guys shooting The OTS Firecracker. I put it up and nobody commented so we assumed everyone was ok with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the date? I already registered for the OTS on the 24th 25th. </div></div>

We have several teams signed up now and I need to know what everyone thought they were signing up for. Please let me know if the 26th does not work for you If so I will refund your entry fee.

Sunday works....
If I can find a partner...