• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 MILS RIGHT June Tactical Rifle Match

Re: 3 MILS RIGHT June Tactical Rifle Match

Chuck, can we get a round count and COF so we know what gear to bring?

Helmet, speedo,camera,okie repellant,coon-ass traps?
laugh.gif

You know how I know you're gay....
Because you say thing like:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luck's your locked in now. Make sure you bring sunscreen, speedos leave crazy tan lines! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few shirts from last match. What size do you need? </div></div>

Put me down for 1 XF "Extra Fat"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Freckles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down for 1 XF "Extra Fat" </div></div>

LOL....

Not gay, just looking our for you man. I would hate it if I got a sunburn down there.

I wear UDT shorts, not much more coverage but it protects my cheeks a little more.

Licks,stay the fuck away from me in that speedo. Lol

Round count:

Sniper 100 rounds
Spotter 200 rounds
Both need 50 pistol rounds.

You will need a sling for your rifle and holster for your pistol. All other gear is optional.

I would like to come watch and learn before I try to jump right in as I live in Aubrey which is about 1 hour away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to come watch and learn before I try to jump right in as I live in Aubrey which is about 1 hour away. </div></div>
Beer Bitch!! YES!!! oh, um... I meant "Waterboy..."

Drew, all kidding aside... last month was my first match and I had a blast. The guys involved (both competitors and RO(s)) are top notch and are more than willing to share pointers, discuss strategy for approaching a stage, spot shots, etc...

I know its last minute; but if Chuck can find you an experienced partner, you would learn a TON more actually competing than watching and you would have a ball.

Look forward to meeting you Sunday.

~ "Low Cap" Rico

Chuck,

Is the July match for the sixteenth set in stone or subject to change?

Well shit I was going to go and now we had a little talk within the boys on the hunting lease and we are all heading out on saturday after work to go make sure everything is still standing after these storms (drink lots of beer). I will def try and make the next one.

Forecast for sunny and mid-90s... a little bit of a break anyway!

Alright! Weather forecast says 15-25mph wind tomorrow.....

No, I'm not complaining. I love shooting in the wind.... gives me something to blame all my misses on!

Lucks no one believes you when you say that.......... You can't pose as a newbie anymore ......

Great match Chuck. I know Mike and I had a great time and at least the temperature wasn't 108*!!!

It was great of you to have the swimming hole open!

264005_220869007946708_100000708328989_672511_858208_n.jpg

~ Rico

Rico
That's so damn funny I almost shit myself. Dude your performance on stage four was epic. Can't wait till next time. I will design a stage especially for you and the anfib team.

Wade and Dustin 1st place
Jason and Justin 2nd place
Todd and Patrick 3rd place.

Congrats guys. This was a tough match and you guys shot great. Everyone did very well today. I am proud of all you guys for sticking it out in the heat for a day of fun.

Thanks to all our RO's and to Doug and Christopger. You guys busted your asses helping out.

Chuck thank you and your guys for a fun match.Ride #4 should have had a dedicated vid cam for sure.The layout of your place is perfect for tactical matches and has lots of potential.

Jason

I am SO disappointed that no one got a pic of Rico going into the drink on #4. He did very well to recover and engage all ten targets after he got back in the boat though! Even finished before time was out! Next time, I think I'll push him out of the boat and see if he can shoot better with his feet anchored firmly in the ..... mud? I guess that was mud, and not sunken cow turds?

While our team didn't finish as well as we would like - we were very proud to bring you this entertainment moment.....

Great match Chuck, tough contest! I'll send the pictures I took over to you later today.

Great course of fire.

Had a blast. Thanks to the RO's and the 3MR team.

To all the 3MR folks - thanks. Had a great time and you guys busted your asses putting on the match. As far as my preformance - well I sucked! But Thanks to all the other shooters - had a lot of good tips and feed back. It is a humbling experience shooting with folks that know how to shoot. Definitely have work to do.

Still give Rico a - 9.5 for the dive!!

Im sorry I missed this one sounds like there was comedy and tough shooting!

I will email some pics when I get into the office.
I have a few good pond pics
smile.gif

Thanks guys it was fun.
It was a good 'first match' for us and we didn't place last
smile.gif

I think we are hooked.
Congrads Wade

Full results from match.

1st Place: Team 9 Wade Stuteville / Dustin Morris
2nd Place: Team 1 Jason Christian / Justin Porter
3rd Place: Team 8 Patrick Morris / Todd Morris
4th Place: Team 5 Adam Lucksinger / Adam Williams
5th Place: Team 10 Zach Meadows / Jarrod Soutch
6th Place: Team 4 Justin Hicks / Clifton Black
7th Place: Team 3 Mike Cassle / Geordie Richardson
8th Place: Team 8 Mike Elliott / Todd Dalton
9th Place: Team 11 Larry Carnes / Jim Lanney
10th Place: Team 12 Shawn Sadler / Alan Carrell
11th Place: Team 7 Jim Hanks / David Bailey

Congrats to everyone. Everyone did very well under the conditions.

Lessons learned from this match:

Red River sand is more like talc powder and will seize your actions on your rifle. Have to keep your weapons clean.

Team communication is key to fast times.

Don't fall in the water on boat stages. Awesome recovery though Todd!

Be prepared as you can be because some evil bastard will throw some crazy ass stage in on you that you would never expect.

We hope you can all make the July match. It should be just as fun.

Chuck sent you a couple of videos via email

Me too. I didn't have anywhere to go but up after that showing on Saturday. Having Wade for a partner doesn't hurt either.

Dustin

It was a great match!
Thank you Chuck for all the hard work putting on an excellent match.
Congratulations to the winners!
Thank you again to Adam (GreatGonzo) for offering to partner with me, had a great time, he shot awesome... too bad I didn't.:)

Geordie thanks for the videos, I'll get them into YouTube links and added tomorrow, I believe you were the only one to video Rico in the pond.

Mike thanks for the picks from the low crawl stage. They really show how sandy it is on the range.

If anyone else has photos please send them to me. I can get them added to website soon. Next time we will try to have a photographer to capture some of the match.

Chuck, We had a great time shooting with you guys.You've got a great place for training and matches.Thank's to all the RO's for their hard work,although they probably had as much fun as we did watching all of shooters dealing with the stages and the little problems with sand and water
smile.gif

For all of you guys sitting on the fence,trying to decide whether to shoot or not,you really need to come out to some of these matches and give it a go.There are plenty of people there who will give pointers, help call your shots and give you strategy advice on a stage.I can assure you that you will be Light Years ahead of where you are now when you get through with your first match.

These tactical shooters are some of the nicest people you will run into.

Thanks again for all of the effort.
Todd
(The old guy)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: preliator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These tactical shooters are some of the nicest people you will run into. </div></div>

As a new guy to this side of things (and as an amatuer frogman) I can give that a HUGE

<span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span></span>

The opportunity to watch some of these amazing shooters, learn from them and be able to call them friends is well worth providing some comic relief. And dang it Outback (and everyone else) - even I wanted to see the video of my dumb ass falling out of the boat!!

Hey guys, here's the one video I took.
It shows how bad the dust was and how it jammed up our equipment all day. Both the spotter (Justin) and the sniper (Jason) had problems with their rifles jamming on this stage from all the sand/dust getting in their rifles after the low crawl to begin the stage....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/roEy960wmzU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/roEy960wmzU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Also, if you are wondering why the sniper is crawling so slow it is because he is carrying an egg in his hand and if he breaks it it is a one minute penalty....

Also, if you are wondering why the sniper is crawling so slow it is because he is carrying an egg in his hand and if he breaks it it is a one minute penalty....
[/quote]

Mainly he's old and crippled!