• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.30-06 conspiracy

Mark goes to some pretty impressive lengths to mitigate recoil.

I won't say I necessarily agree with everything he does... But his results are hard to argue with.

Mike
so, hanging 25lbs from the stock is a no go?

Just think, in just a few months, the .30-06 will be 120years old, and still one of the most popular cartridges on the planet. Yes, I know the 03 version was a fraction different, but the only difference ended up being a tiny circumcision.

Like the .50BMG? It was literally scaled up from the .30-06. They even scaled up the M2 from the M1917, with a few modifications of course.
Very similar designs.

Until we have plasma weapons and phasers, I'm betting these old war horses will still be kicking ass....even then there will be some around for battling the Reavers.

Just think, in just a few months, the .30-06 will be 120years old, and still one of the most popular cartridges on the planet. Yes, I know the 03 version was a fraction different, but the only difference ended up being a tiny circumcision.

Like the .50BMG? It was literally scaled up from the .30-06. They even scaled up the M2 from the M1917, with a few modifications of course.
Very similar designs.

Until we have plasma weapons and phasers, I'm betting these old war horses will still be kicking ass....even then there will be some around for battling the Reavers.

We'll have Star Trek type weapons and some geezer will be waving a 1911 around talking about stopping power.

We'll have Star Trek type weapons and some geezer will be waving a 1911 around talking about stopping power.
And you know what? There still won't be anyone wanting to be shot with any caliber. Just like broadswords are antiquated battlefield weapons but everyone wants to avoid being run through. Old isn't always useless by any means.

And you know what? There still won't be anyone wanting to be shot with any caliber. Just like broadswords are antiquated battlefield weapons but everyone wants to avoid being run through. Old isn't always useless by any means.
I don't think anyone's argument is it isn't useful, it's that it isn't the end all be all the way some people try to convince everyone.

A cutlass never runs out of ammo and never needs reloaded.
But it does zero if they happen to see you coming and get you before youre in arms
reach......if we are making jokes real scenarios

Crossbow is still one of the most popular weapons still in use today.
How old are they?

Crossbows
They were outlawed in England and other European counties for the common man.
Elites were worried, an assassin could kill a noble from over 300 yards accurately. hmm, I wonder why? oh yea, and all that expensive armor isn't as effective. :)

I have searched for months for Hornady 30-06 168 gr Match, occasionally I get lucky and find it online, but it's rare. It has taken 13 months to gather 300 rounds. I did find some online during that time but S&H was more than the ammo, regardless of how bad I need it, I am not getting screwed that bad for S&H profiteering...

I have searched for months for Hornady 30-06 168 gr Match, occasionally I get lucky and find it online, but it's rare. It has taken 13 months to gather 300 rounds. I did find some online during that time but S&H was more than the ammo, regardless of how bad I need it, I am not getting screwed that bad for S&H profiteering...
All the more reason to roll your own.

46.5 grains varget or 47.5 RL15, whatever brass, book length for a 168 amax, there you go for garand match ammo.

Reactions: RUTGERS95

Not going to replace a phaser, but......

Reactions: babyguppy