• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 FBI?

Re: 30 FBI?

338 Win Mag necked down to 30 cal..as I recall. More efficient than a 300 Win Mag. Not sure it will make any difference in the real world. More work for little gain.

like I said lots of work for little/no gain. 308 norma is an easier, factory brass option

338 win necked down to 30 cal with the shoulder pushed back one tenth of an inch .1,
Gunsmith Bill Baker (McMillan Baker special stocks) was one of the case designers and built a bunch of guns for hunting and competition. He had a shop in Jellico Tennessee.

I saw a Baker built gun in Maryville, TN yesterday at Gunny's. I had never heard of the caliber before and was just wondering what it was. Thanks for the input guys.

Its a 30-338 with the shoulder pushed back one tenth of one inch (.100), gives it a nice long neck. 64/65 grains of IMR 4350 would run a 190 smk at 3000 fps.
From Left to right 300 win, 30-338, 30FBI
1z4d7qv.jpg

I shot one for a couple of years but I,m shooting out 30-338 barrels and just going to have 300 win mags its a no brainer........
Baker built my first custom rifle a 308 match rifle for NRA HP