• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 Super Carry

Ya know, the one thing I'm always thinking when fondling a Glock 43X/48 is "this thing would be so much better with two more rounds of sightly wimpier ammunition".

Federal, please spend more time making the shit that has already been invented. Signed sincerely, Everyone.

You try any of the new micro 9s?

Sigs got some good offerings in both SAO and striker fire for the kids
Yep. Hence why I think I may sell off a few items here in future. Between Sig P365/Hellcat (not a SA fan myself) and the Ruger/Kahr 380's zero need for tools of the 90's and "oughts."

I do have to say I don't get the P365XL. To me, it defeats the purpose of the 365. Just waiting for HK to release a paddle version of a "365 clone."

@Bigfatcock, LWS replaced with CW380 for me. Almost as small. Though without a DelFatti holster :( :( :(.

Yep. Hence why I think I may sell off a few items here in future. Between Sig P365/Hellcat (not a SA fan myself) and the Ruger/Kahr 380's zero need for tools of the 90's and "oughts."

I do have to say I don't get the P365XL. To me, it defeats the purpose of the 365. Just waiting for HK to release a paddle version of a "365 clone."

@Bigfatcock, LWS replaced with CW380 for me. Almost as small. Though without a DelFatti holster :( :( :(.

365 is cool if you’re into strikers, a nicely tuned 938 is also a nice option.

The P365XL has a longer grip which fits people that have big hands, so if you had to use the extended mag plates to make the pistol fit your hand, why not go with the P365XL instead. (or be really creative and do P365XL frame on a P365 upper)

It also comes pre-cut for a red dot optic which you may or may not want.

Just as a note, both can be had with manual safeties.

I always recommend to people that they should spend 75% of their time shooting at 25 yards and beyond, and 25% doing the tactical fagtical shit.

In concept I agree, I'd make the skew 50-50

You have to be accurate, but you also have to be able to shoot quickly, draw quickly, and get hits while moving. It's been my observation, watching real gunfights between criminals and between criminals and good people on youtube, that no one stands still when lead flies.

Chamber pressure isn't necessarily a solid indicator of recoil.

357 Magnum is 35 ksi, but try lighting five off in an Airweight....................

Funny one of the most pussycat guns I have is a IMI desert eagle in 357, if you can wrap your mits around it, super gentle to shoot.

Ya know, the one thing I'm always thinking when fondling a Glock 43X/48 is "this thing would be so much better with two more rounds of sightly wimpier ammunition".

Federal, please spend more time making the shit that has already been invented. Signed sincerely, Everyone.
There must be a new engineer in the product design dept at FC. This feels like someone wanted to make their piss mark in the snow.

Massive demand for everything? I know let's roll this shit out! This should be in a folder, in the back of a filing cabinet, waiting for a different time.

The P365XL has a longer grip which fits people that have big hands, so if you had to use the extended mag plates to make the pistol fit your hand, why not go with the P365XL instead. (or be really creative and do P365XL frame on a P365 upper)

It also comes pre-cut for a red dot optic which you may or may not want.

Just as a note, both can be had with manual safeties.
No manual safeties here :). I guess since I have smaller hands (ruined my bass career so I just play air bass now) the 365 is damn near perfect - I shoot it quite well. I never shot the Hellcat primarily because SA's politics blocked me (and yes, I'm a hypocrite because if HK makes a paddle release 365 sized gun I'll buy...knowing I'll be paying 1.35-1.5x the price of a 365.

Now starting to fight the old-age-eyeballs. Cannot shoot with glasses on except with red-dots on long guns. Otherwise I'm doing somewhat okay with uncorrected vision for front sight picture and behind a scope.

No manual safeties here :). I guess since I have smaller hands (ruined my bass career so I just play air bass now) the 365 is damn near perfect - I shoot it quite well. I never shot the Hellcat primarily because SA's politics blocked me (and yes, I'm a hypocrite because if HK makes a paddle release 365 sized gun I'll buy...knowing I'll be paying 1.35-1.5x the price of a 365.

Now starting to fight the old-age-eyeballs. Cannot shoot with glasses on except with red-dots on long guns. Otherwise I'm doing somewhat okay with uncorrected vision for front sight picture and behind a scope.

If H&K made a slim single stack pistol, they would sell the heck out of it to H&K loyalists.
I'd be on the waiting list for it already.

The P30SK is the closest hammer fired one they make but it is a bit of a brick compared to the P365

I'm also concerned that H&K might not really bother with any new hammer fired models, since too many folks want striker fired stuff these days.
Many talk bad about hammer fired stuff just like they talk bad about manual safeties.

Sig's P320 striker fire being accepted by the military probably means the big manufacturers are going to be more interested in striker fire.

So H&K would probably be more likely to do a slimline one based off the VP9 platform

But without a big military / government contract, I'm not sure it will ever happen.

So basically 30 Luger ballistics in a straight case.
For the super mini .380 and 9mm carry guns it’s a decent option but I’m skeptical on its success.
Decent maybe but I see Federal is stacking it up against its own HSTP1. Change that to the HSTP3 (124gr +P and what I carry) and things look a bit different aka the only gain is 2 rounds. To each their own.

If H&K made a slim single stack pistol, they would sell the heck out of it to H&K loyalists.
I'd be on the waiting list for it already.

The P30SK is the closest hammer fired one they make but it is a bit of a brick compared to the P365

I'm also concerned that H&K might not really bother with any new hammer fired models, since too many folks want striker fired stuff these days.
Many talk bad about hammer fired stuff just like they talk bad about manual safeties.

Sig's P320 striker fire being accepted by the military probably means the big manufacturers are going to be more interested in striker fire.

So H&K would probably be more likely to do a slimline one based off the VP9 platform

But without a big military / government contract, I'm not sure it will ever happen.
I agree, I'd already have put a full-deposit down if they made a slim stack (I won't call single or double) IF they make it paddle release. Paddle release really nice for smaller hands and for me much more natural (booo hiss on Walther for dropping PPQ paddle). Striker/hammer...don't care.
You are correct, the 365 makes an "SK" of VP9/P30/P2000 feel like a damn lead brick and fat as big grandaddy feral pig.

That said, I really want to send something to Gray Guns for the LEM 4.1 Shortened Reset. I struggle with an LEM pistol. Striker or hammer...it's a tool. So long as one believes the brain is the main safety I won't argue that either.

Just don't go to HKPRO and suggest anything of another manufacturer should be duplicated and improved. :) :).

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Decent maybe but I see Federal is stacking it up against its own HSTP1. Change that to the HSTP3 (124gr +P and what I carry) and things look a bit different aka the only gain is 2 rounds. To each their own.
Ahhh, yes, but look at the big argument about Hellcat vs 365. ONE more round in standard for...10% more..wooooo. Sounds like moving Mt. Everest when one reads the adverts.

Reactions: nikonNUT
my take: largely niche, but there are a few markets where it might be decent:
1) people who want decent round counts in a standard-width 1911
2) while it is probably not a great fit for *existing* 9mm designs, something designed around this from the ground up could be very interesting
3) oh hey look I might actually be able to get decent bullets to load 7.62x25 Tok :ROFLMAO:

personally I like standard-frame 1911s, but the low round count has always put me off, might give me an excuse to get one finally, 2011s always felt like the grip was too fat to be comfortable

I also agree that the timing of this release could have been planned much better.

Ahhh, yes, but look at the big argument about Hellcat vs 365. ONE more round in standard for...10% more..wooooo. Sounds like moving Mt. Everest when one reads the adverts.
Hell man, I carry a crappy Taurus GX4 (A paltry 11+1). I don't know nuffin bout those fancy Hell 365 Mako Cats! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr
Hell man, I carry a crappy Taurus GX4 (A paltry 11+1). I don't know nuffin bout those fancy Hell 365 Mako Cats! :LOL:
I forgot about the Mako. And I think there's another Animal Named 9mm out too. At least Sig just calls theirs by a number still. :). You could go with a Beretta and reduce your round count with the "Nano." Again, if the 30 Super duper waste of time is all that, then when the big boys other than S&W play, I'll continue to look at it in amazement wondering..."why?" If round count is what people are going for, get the Ruger 5.7.

Reactions: nikonNUT
The Sig P365 and P365XL are excellent carry pistols for many people.
Match it with the ammo I posted above and most reasonable adults can handle it, even the weak handed ones.
The broken firing pins and all turned me off of those, several guys had issues when they first came out with various things. I hear high round count they don’t last either but no personal experience there.

Forget Airweight...try Airlite!! Aka, INSTA-ARTHRITIS. :) :)
My buddy had his loaded with some hot .357, told me to try it so I emptied the cylinder to prove my manhood 😆.

The shorty S&w 500 with 700gr is smoother shooting than an airlite.

The broken firing pins and all turned me off of those, several guys had issues when they first came out with various things. I hear high round count they don’t last either but no personal experience there.

I haven't seen anybody have problems with them first hand.
Lots of my friends have them now.

I'm also going to suggest that if you can afford to put tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition through a mid priced light carry gun, well eventually if you happen to wear it out, no big deal, get another one.

I'm also going to suggest that if you can afford to put tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition through a mid priced light carry gun, well eventually if you happen to wear it out, no big deal, get another one.
You aren’t wrong, I just heard/saw enough I wasn’t sure about carrying one. Even a handful of online reviewers said they weren’t sure about carrying one. I’m not a hater, just my feelings on it. They are a cool little carry gun though.

Honestly S&W need to go back to making the steel J frames.

Even with stout .38spl rounds the airweights are unpleasant to shoot

The steel frames soak up that recoil 100x better than the airweights do.
But how are you supposed to carry a few extra ounces? How will my pants stay up?!?

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT and ...
My buddy had his loaded with some hot .357, told me to try it so I emptied the cylinder to prove my manhood 😆.

The shorty S&w 500 with 700gr is smoother shooting than an airlite.
I had a buddy of mine say "no way it's worse than my 44 mag." Loaded up S&B 158g and he took one shot, said there was no way in hell he'd even shoot that with low power 38!!! My experience on the sub 20oz short barrel revolvers is that 120-135g is a hell of a lot easier to control than 158g.

BTW...target sports now shows 30 SC. Unreal Federal. How 'bout we concentrate on the common shit first, maybe pump out some bismuth shotshell shot whilst you're at it and not some bullshit round.

Do we really need another handgun cartridge?

Let's see over the past 20-25 years:
45 GAP - toast
357 Sig - about toast
327 Federal Mag - still made in an LCR (and this is one I like the concept to get one more round in J-frame..if they still made one)
327 H&R Mag - mostly toast
32 NAA - toast

Probably missing a few here in my list as well.

What's going to make this one a legitimate marketplace member?
357Sig toast? Isnt US Treasury still using this?

Chamber pressure isn't necessarily a solid indicator of recoil.

357 Magnum is 35 ksi, but try lighting five off in an Airweight....................
This is exactly why I dont understand the thought process of people recommending 38 or 38+p in little 14-16oz 5-shot LCR or Airweight over the "heavy recoil" of a compact/subcompact 9mm. It seems like most of those recommendations are based solely on weapon size and not actual recoil.

Like, what the fuck. 9mm is infinitely easier to control and especially reload. I seriously despise shooting my LCR. Though reasonably accurate, its uncomfortable, and not confidence-inspiring. 100% would not recommend to a woman for a purse gun.

Cz P07, P10c, glock 19, M&P9c

Reactions: 308pirate
This is exactly why I dont understand the thought process of people recommending 38 or 38+p in little 14-16oz 5-shot LCR or Airweight over the "heavy recoil" of a compact/subcompact 9mm. It seems like most of those recommendations are based solely on weapon size and not actual recoil.

Like, what the fuck. 9mm is infinitely easier to control and especially reload. I seriously despise shooting my LCR. Though reasonably accurate, its uncomfortable, and not confidence-inspiring. 100% would not recommend to a woman for a purse gun.

The only people who recommend airweights as a woman's first weapon are gun shop retards

Someone wake me up when we can shoot lasers.

iu

Someone wake me up when we can shoot lasers.
I mean, we technically can already if you fancy a bit of DIY and know your way around electrical engineering, just don’t expect more than one brief shot!

That’s why I tend to recommend the Shield EZ series, because it has enough meat to be controllable and not heavy, but still relatively easy to manipulate for guys or gals with limited upper arm strength (especially useful for older women where muscle mass starts to degrade with menopause)

I guess that’s another point in favor of this 30SC, it seems ideally suited to a purpose-build Shield EZ design. Makes me wonder if S&W put federal up to it

Last edited:
Reactions: moosemeat
The only people who recommend airweights as a woman's first weapon are gun shop retards
The exact opposite from my experience, it was always the husbands or “my neighbors a police officer/military”

Some Gun store customers are the stupidest, internet parroting, incorrectly opinionated morons you’ll ever meet. “All you got to do is rack a shotgun....don’t even have to aim...”

Stores of all kinds hire morons, but stupid customers are usually the guy going full retard. Back in the day I’d show women options nd narrow them down, then take them on the range with rental guns till they found something they liked, and after they'd send all their friends to me.

I bought back way more of the guns bought by husbands for their wives and they couldn’t handle them, only old boomer fudds push .357 airweight revolvers anyway.

Gun stores hire morons because-
1. Low cost of pay for an idiot COD kid/retirees
2. “Guns sell themselves”
3. Many just don’t care “just keep forking over your money”
4. Most people are too dumb to know and think the sales guys great, but he doesn’t know the difference between single and double action.

On the other hand I’ve heard counter folks say shit like “It’s a small frame so it kicks less” same cartridge way smaller firearm....something, something, science...

Any decent place should cycle out, or never hire those types but some do.

Last edited:
I mean, we technically can already if you fancy a bit of DIY and know your way around electrical engineering, just don’t expect more than one brief shot!

That’s why I tend to recommend the Shield EZ series, because it has enough meat to be controllable and not heavy, but still relatively easy to manipulate for guys or gals with limited upper arm strength (especially useful for older women where muscle mass starts to degrade with menopause)

I guess that’s another point in favor of this 30SC, it seems ideally suited to a purpose-build Shield EZ design. Makes me wonder if S&W put federal up to it
The grip safety has probably caused more issues than it’s solved. Seen many new shooters gripping too low and not fully engaging them, also have seen seasoned shooters do it in competition so they taped them down. Seems like more of a feel good thing in the long run. “Look it can’t shoot if no one is around it and your not touching it” a good holster seems better, it definitely can’t shoot if you can’t even touch the trigger.

also if dummy is going to be finger fucking the trigger with the gun out of their hand(the only time it’s active really) they’ll do it in their hand. In your hand with a proper grip It’s like most other striker fired handguns. More safeties aren’t a replacement for training.

Morons will find a way to ND.

Or I’ve heard “well when it’s in her purse” if her purse is so crammed full of shit there’s no empty area to hold a holster and firearm the grip safety could get depressed anyway and something could find its way into the trigger guard.

Not to mention who knows what direction it’ll be pointing if you have to reach for it.

Yes, I’ve seen women just toss handguns into their purse like it’s a pen.

Yes, I’ve seen women just toss handguns into their purse like it’s a pen.

Hence why despite all the hate it causes when you talk about it, DA/SA with a decock and safety lever can sometimes be a nice thing to have, assuming they at least use at least one of the 2 levers, if not both.

Hence why despite all the hate it causes when you talk about it, DA/SA with a decock and safety lever can sometimes be a nice thing to have, assuming they at least use at least one of the 2 levers, if not both.
I’d always let them try those out first, some could still barely pull the trigger or in SA let alone DAlol. How you’re a healthy human adult with no disability can have the grip strength of a hamster I’ll never understand.

When I’d have them handle up to 20 firearms sometimes, narrow it down to a couple, fire 3 or so they always left happy.

Unless you want a POS that may or may not work, I didn’t really care what you bought. Obviously not selling a .44 mag to a new shooter.

Sold more Sig 238/938, Glock 42/43 with good holsters and the ext mags than anything probably, and they would always narrow it down to those themselves.

As much as I’m not a fan grandmas with bad arthritis love PK 380s, don’t have much choice when it’s the only slide she can manipulate.

I'm sure it's been said already, but what the hell is Federal doing diverting materials away from manufacturing the stuff we've all been looking for for two years now to produce this very niche cartridge. Seems like a bit of a slap in the face after they lie to us and tell us they're making ammo/components as fast as they can.

Reactions: Gasgun and Dylan84
C'mon guys. Don't take it personally.

I'm actually going to say it's not needed.

Trying to go through armour is a cat and mouse game that soon leads you to stupid levels.
The popularity of AR pistols along with the heat from soft armour already means many are wearing plate carriers, especially since place carriers are the new cool thing all of the sudden for LARPing.

There was one recent mass shooting attempt by a criminal with plate carriers and a rifle.
It ended quick when a policeman with good aim hit him a couple times where the plate was not.

As I recall the guys going to bust up the drawing convention had plate carriers and all that and got popped in the head by someone with a revolver.

Being able to put rounds out quickly and accurately with a handgun is going to be more important than trying to find some wonder round.
If you actually need significant punch or poke, that's where you pull out the rifle.
Bullet placement, where it counts when it counts👏👍

Do we really need another handgun cartridge?

Let's see over the past 20-25 years:
45 GAP - toast
357 Sig - about toast
327 Federal Mag - still made in an LCR (and this is one I like the concept to get one more round in J-frame..if they still made one)
327 H&R Mag - mostly toast
32 NAA - toast

Probably missing a few here in my list as well.

What's going to make this one a legitimate marketplace member?
7.62x25, the old Mauser/tokarev round, powerful enough to penetrate class A body armour, accurate and shootable.

Tell me more about this 6mm Dipshit....
The 6mm DS is supposed to have a trajectory similar to that of a 338 Lapua; but with the recoil of a 22 WMR. A 30 round AR-15 magazine will hold approximately 67 6mm DS's just because the marketing department says so since the laws of measurements do not apply. Though the 6mm is only slightly bigger than a 223/5.56 because it has the recoil of a 22 WMR we are basing the round count on that and not of a 338 or a 6mm ARC. Thanks for considering this round in your future purchases. Sincerely, the new Vista-Hornady 6mm DS team.

347 ft-lbs from a 100gr .312" pill looks like a win to me for a lot of folks. Because it gets it's energy from something smaller going faster experience says it will recoil much less. It will need good bullet design to make that energy into stopping power but bullet design is very good these days. I think this cartridge fits an obvious niche and is a clear upgrade in meaningful ways from existing cartridges. Really, once you step down from the 9mm, most handgun cartridges outright suck. Old designs that are quite anemic in the power department. These cartridges continuing to exist says to me there must be a market for something that kicks less than a 9mm and it must be a desperate market at that if it is buying the garbage that those cartridges are. Now I'm not about to stop loving the 9mm personally but this 30 Super Carry does not look like an answer to a question no one was asking in the way the 45 GAP so obviously was. I think it should be a success.

347 ft-lbs from a 100gr .312" pill looks like a win to me for a lot of folks. Because it gets it's energy from something smaller going faster experience says it will recoil much less. It will need good bullet design to make that energy into stopping power but bullet design is very good these days. I think this cartridge fits an obvious niche and is a clear upgrade in meaningful ways from existing cartridges. Really, once you step down from the 9mm, most handgun cartridges outright suck. Old designs that are quite anemic in the power department. These cartridges continuing to exist says to me there must be a market for something that kicks less than a 9mm and it must be a desperate market at that if it is buying the garbage that those cartridges are. Now I'm not about to stop loving the 9mm personally but this 30 Super Carry does not look like an answer to a question no one was asking in the way the 45 GAP so obviously was. I think it should be a success.
Put this in something as slim as a 1903 Colt ( Browning ), and I'd actually sign up for it. Shrink the barrel length down and the we're on a win-win. But, not enthused about the 2 guns "introduced." But, I still say until somebody like Ruger, Taurus, or Kel-Tec (oh boy, did I say that???) at a minimum produce it, it's "vaporware." Preferably Sig or Beretta would come to play. We know HK won't, heck, they won't produce a 365 sized gun (that we know of).

Yes, on paper, it's interesting. But...what guns will be available only time will tell.

Yeah, I know that's one of my priorities when talking about supersonic projectiles from a self-defense pistol.
I mean, even if it's not what the round was intended for, it does still make for a relevant comment. Something like SilencerCo's Maxim 9 engineered to take advantage of the caliber could be quite something, since 30SC is designed to behave well from very short barrels, and would help reduce the impact of some of the original compromises in the Maxim 9 design

Jim Tarr brought up a great point in Firearms News about the .30 SC. The true benefit to the narrower diameter isn't the increased round count in sub-compact handguns, but the increased round count in compact and full-size handguns. A compact G19 size handgun will probably bump up to 17-18 rounds, and full-size G17 size handguns will be around 20-21 rounds. So you get the capacity of a 5.7x28 handgun, but without the long grip. The .30 SC might not be for everyone (it defiantly has not won me over from the 9mm), but I think there is value in that. To me the biggest downside to it has nothing to do with performance or concept but comes down to cost. Very few people can afford to come out of pocket to pay for enough ammo to adequately train with it. I won't carry a gun that I haven't put at least 200 round through (unless it's a Glock).