• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 ACC blackout barrel options

Re: 300 ACC blackout barrel options

Not trying to be a jerk but how did this post turn into whos got the bigger dick pissing contest? If I wanted to get the 6.8 I would have, it has its advantages. I have no intentions of pushing the cartrige to make it something it isnt.

What I like about this rifle cartrige is I only need a barrel, thats it, and I can turn my carbine rifle into something that can deliver 500 FT LB at 500 yards. I dont need any more.

If the 6.8 gets a boost in velocity with a speciel barrel then the 300 AAC blackout will too. That will just be iceing on the cake.

Not to mention that you can convert all of your .223 brass if you are a reloader.

Anyone have load data for the new Barnes 110gr SBR bullet?

Is there a method for figuring OAL? I imagine you would measure off the ogive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to be a jerk but how did this post turn into whos got the bigger dick pissing contest? If I wanted to get the 6.8 I would have, it has its advantages. I have no intentions of pushing the cartrige to make it something it isnt.

What I like about this rifle cartrige is I only need a barrel, thats it, and I can turn my carbine rifle into something that can deliver 500 FT LB at 500 yards. I dont need any more.

If the 6.8 gets a boost in velocity with a speciel barrel then the 300 AAC blackout will too. That will just be iceing on the cake. </div></div>
It started the same way it always does, someone bad mouths one thing to make his thing sound better. If someone told you a volkswagon is just as good and fast as a Porsche and you went and bought one because it was cheaper only to find out they lied to you and it's not as fast would you be pissed?
I try to get all the facts before I purchase.

Bustin, do you think you will ever consider chambering a 300 AAC BO? Your prices are good and it looks like you have the right product line, I am especially interested in the nitro coating on the barrels. I will buy a 6.8 SPC at some point and I would consider your companys products for the project.

But for me personally, it isnt a one or the other choice, I will have both. I have an extra carbine that sees little use. At this time its getting the 300 AAC BO for no other reason other than it is a good fit with my intended use for the rifle. Now if only Wilson would get the recon barrel back in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bustin, do you think you will ever consider chambering a 300 AAC BO? Your prices are good and it looks like you have the right product line, I am especially interested in the nitro coating on the barrels. I will buy a 6.8 SPC at some point and I would consider your companys products for the project.

But for me personally, it isnt a one or the other choice, I will have both. I have an extra carbine that sees little use. At this time its getting the 300 AAC BO for no other reason other than it is a good fit with my intended use for the rifle. Now if only Wilson would get the recon barrel back in stock. </div></div>
I was inspecting them today, they will go out for Melonite treatment and be back in apx 10 days.
I had several 6.8 guys ask me to make some so why not, I need something to test suppressors on anyway.

So in the consensus that this round will become more mainstream for ammo production. Or is it going to be either an expensive round to buy, or mainly for the reloaders?

Supersonic 123 grain ammo from Rem will be around $12.99 a box.
I suspect that the price and availability will be comperable to 5.56 within a year.

Regardless, rolling your own is not expensive or difficult.

Just got a velocity report from an LE user.

Rem 123 grain ammo, 2360 fps from an AAC 16 inch upper.

1521 ft-lbs.

Has anyone had a Noveske 10in 300 AAC barrel converted to work on a LMT MRP yet? Just want to know if it is long enough to thread a suppressor on. I measured mine and it seemed very close to being into the rail.

LMT has announced 300 AAC BLACKOUT barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMT has announced 300 AAC BLACKOUT barrels.</div></div>

While I love my LMT's they sometimes take forever to get things out. Working on a back up plan.

Thanks for all the info you have been providing. I am looking forward to getting this set up.

Steve Satern has a batch of 300AAC cut rifled barrels in stock
---spoke with him today---stainless and cm

Since this is still about 300 BLK, I have a question because I think the people in this thread would know.

What do you think about 300 BLK for deer? My cousin wants an AR for his wife to shoot. She needs something lightweight with low recoil. I showed her my collapsable stock M4 and she really liked it.

From the things I've read, it seems the recoil will actually be less than 5.56x45?

Also, what kind of performance on deer and antelope out to 300 yards? Are the 115 or 123 grain bullets relatively "flat shooting" out to 300 or do they drop considerably?

Kind of an unconventional hunting rifle, but could prove to be pretty awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djkest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since this is still about 300 BLK, I have a question because I think the people in this thread would know.

What do you think about 300 BLK for deer? My cousin wants an AR for his wife to shoot. She needs something lightweight with low recoil. I showed her my collapsable stock M4 and she really liked it.

From the things I've read, it seems the recoil will actually be less than 5.56x45?

Also, what kind of performance on deer and antelope out to 300 yards? Are the 115 or 123 grain bullets relatively "flat shooting" out to 300 or do they drop considerably?

Kind of an unconventional hunting rifle, but could prove to be pretty awesome. </div></div>
A 16" 7.62x39 will hit apx 2400fps(Wolf or Winchester 123gr ammo), close to the same as the 300AAC so if you would hunt with a 7.62x39 then you have your answer.

I have shot deer and hogs in Tx with the 300 whisper with no
problems--300 Blackout is capable of a bit more velocity

being that the 30-221/300 whisper & 300 BLK are almost identical cartridges . except the BLK has a little free-bore added for squeezing-out a little more Vel. .
Does anybody know the depth/cut of free-bore that is added to the BLK Chamber cut ? . How many thousands is it ?

I'm going to be getting the Noveske 10.5" barrel for a build I have in the works. Unfortunately, .300AAC ammunition is scarce and there are no "duty grade" loads available yet (barrier and urban configurations). As a result, I've had to delay my build until more ammunition becomes available. I have been planning to use this rifle for work, but I can't use it until I can get enough factory ammunition to do the necessary testing and qualification.

Does anybody have any information on who is definitely going to be making ammunition and what they will be making?

Publicly announced:

AAC - uppers, rifles, silencers, and ammunition.
Adams Arms - rifles and uppers.
AR15 Performance - barrels.
Barnes Bullets - bullets
Black Hole Weaponry - barrels.
Bushmaster Firearms - uppers and rifles.
BWE Firearms - rifles, uppers, and suppressors.
CMMG - barrels.
Compass Lake Engineering - AR barrels.
Delta Company Arms - rifles, barrels, uppers.
DPMS - rifles and uppers.
Forster - reloading dies.
Lewis Machine and Tool
Lone Star Armory - 300 AAC BLACKOUT marked lowers.
Lothar Walther - barrels
Match Grade Machine - Thompson barrels.
McGowen Barrel - Savage and other barrels.
Noveske - rifles and uppers.
Pac-Nor - barrels.
Pacific Tool and Gauge - reamers and gauges
Primary Weapons Systems - rifles and uppers
Raven Armament Company - ammo and uppers
Remington - ammunition.
Satern Custom Machining, Inc. - barrels.
Selph Arms LLC - barrels, uppers, re-chambering, and rifles.
SI Defense - barrels.
SilencerCo - silencers.
Southern Ballistic Research - ammo.
Surefire - 300 BLK sound suppressor.
Spike's Tactical - uppers and rifles.
The Bullet Works - bullets and ammunition.
Triton Arms - AR barrels.
Umlaut Industries - 300 BLK caliber marked Rifles, Upper and Lowers. 16" and 10" Factory Title II.
White Oak Precision - AR barrels.
Wilson Combat - rifles, hunting and self defense ammunition.

Not yet public:

Rifle Company F
Rifle Company G
Ammo Company H
Ammo Company I
Ammo Company J
Ammo Company K
Accessory Company I
Accessory Company J
Accessory Company K

Also, in addition to Remington ammo, AAC will be distributing ammo from a high quality company pretty soon. It is my way of getting more loads out there - stuff that are more niche products that Remington cannot quickly get to.

Sorry it is so slow. It is probably harder on me than anyone else.

300 Blackout definitely on my must-have list for uppers--sure to
be popular with factory ammo --- thanks for the info rsilvers

so I really don't even need to get another new Reamer from PTG . Being they are almost identical .
I should just be able to use my usual ptg 30-221 Reamer & then just Ream the little extra Free-bore to mimic the .300 BLK Ream .
Should be able to handle the extra little bit of pressure from the newer factory loaded BLK ammo ?

PTG has a reamer which does the conversion without changing headspace.

WE still have a sale on the AAC Blackout reamers and gauges, I would get the correct tooling and not have a mis match. thanks Dave

I can find 300 Fireball uppers on their website, but not 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

We have a limited number of barrels coming in, they may last a week or 2 at $160. Carbine gas, 8 twist, Melonite treated, 16" with 5/8=24 threaded muzzle.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">NICE</span></span> ....
wink.gif

I'm getting Easy 2-K Vel. out the 8.5" Barrel w/Can on Chrony & Test Loads today Using 125 Nos.BT's . <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">VERY impressive</span></span> .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can find 300 Fireball uppers on their website, but not 300 AAC BLACKOUT. </div></div>

It should be soon. I had to send them a couple of cases of ammo for testing.